Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Looking to Buy!! *UPDATED*
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  02:18:11  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello there! I'm in progress of trying to finish collecting Forgotten Realms Novels...I have EVERY novel, EXCEPT the Double Diamond Triangle Saga, I'm wondering if anybody here is wanting to part sell me the boxed set! I will also resort to buying the books individually if after awhile I don't have any luck with the boxed set, but I don't really want to buy each book from 9 different sellers, too much shipping cost!
Send me a private message with what books you have and their condition, approx price range etc...:)

-I generally shop online for old books at Amazon and Barnes&Noble, Paypal is fine...I'm not a fan of E-Bay, because I'm not familiar with it and haven't used it, BUT I'd possibly be willing to give it a try if I could get the boxed set

-Private Message me your e-mail if you prefer to communicate that way, or leave a response here. Whatever works.
THANKS!!

Any Lone Wolf fans? Old school gamebooks from the 80's? They are being re-released/updated, and new books 29-32 being written: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/novels/lonewolfsolo.html

Forgotten Realms BOOKS owned: ALL of them! (ebooks?...NONE! ever)

Edited by - hawkytom on 05 Dec 2007 20:40:31

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  02:37:23  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm too looking for some old books to complete my collection...

-The Ring of Winter
-Curse of the Shadowmage
-The Veiled Dragon
-Dangerous Games
-The Mage in the Iron Mask
-Pool of Radiance: The Ruins of Myth Drannor
-Fistandantilus Reborn (Dragonlance Book)

Edited by - Skeptic on 15 Nov 2007 20:42:24
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  04:15:06  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ebay is where I fleshed out my collection, for the ones I failed to purchase as they came out.
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  10:50:36  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You did check the sellers at Amazon, didn't you? Prices there are still reasonable (... if you count the exchange rates for the dollar in, that is ;-)).

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  16:20:10  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check nobleknight.com as well.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  16:27:52  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rinonalyrna, I found 7 of them there.

Edited by - Skeptic on 14 Nov 2007 16:38:18
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  17:08:10  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have a local used book store? Mine has quite a few of the ones you have listed. I try to visit mine once a week.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 14 Nov 2007 17:08:28
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  18:14:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Thanks Rinonalyrna, I found 7 of them there.

You're welcome.

Used bookstores are a good idea, too, although I haven't had great personal experiences with them, because:

1) They are few and far in-between where I live.
2) When I *do* find one, I don't find any FR books I don't already have!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wamphyri
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  23:17:03  Show Profile  Visit Wamphyri's Homepage Send Wamphyri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ive bought quite a few books from abebooks.com
Go to Top of Page

EvilKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2007 :  04:45:33  Show Profile  Visit EvilKnight's Homepage Send EvilKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been fleshing out my collection through Half-Price Books.

EvilKnight

Danali Index
Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2007 :  07:47:54  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks I found a couple at nobleknight.com and I think it's a great site! I'll be checking daily for private messages if anybody has any of the books for sale!

Any Lone Wolf fans? Old school gamebooks from the 80's? They are being re-released/updated, and new books 29-32 being written: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/novels/lonewolfsolo.html

Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2007 :  17:57:45  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might also try a book price comparison engine like www.StudentShopper.com or www.BookFinder.com.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2007 :  18:37:27  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Amazon.com is great, but many sellers don't ship to Canada
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2007 :  19:59:57  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon.ca? I did a quick search and found some of the titles you wanted, some of which are at reasonable prices.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2007 :  20:46:35  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Karzak

Amazon.ca? I did a quick search and found some of the titles you wanted, some of which are at reasonable prices.

Yeah, but when you buy one item by seller, the shipping costs increase fastly

Anyway, with less than 10 books to find, my OOP collection will soon be completed.

Did anybody found a complete set of the DD Saga at a cheap price ? (just to know if I did an error to put a "lot" of money on it)

Edited by - Skeptic on 15 Nov 2007 20:50:18
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  15:12:29  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I just ordered Dangerous Games, the last novel missing to my collection.

Now I need a new bookshelf
Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  20:41:04  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there! I'm in progress of trying to finish collecting Forgotten Realms Novels...I have EVERY novel, EXCEPT the Double Diamond Triangle Saga, I'm wondering if anybody here is wanting to part sell me the boxed set! I will also resort to buying the books individually if after awhile I don't have any luck with the boxed set, but I don't really want to buy each book from 9 different sellers, too much shipping cost!
Send me a private message with what books you have and their condition, approx price range etc...:)

-I generally shop online for old books at Amazon and Barnes&Noble, Paypal is fine...I'm not a fan of E-Bay, because I'm not familiar with it and haven't used it, BUT I'd possibly be willing to give it a try if I could get the boxed set

-Private Message me your e-mail if you prefer to communicate that way, or leave a response here. Whatever works.
THANKS!!

Go to Top of Page

Jamallo Kreen
Master of Realmslore

USA
1537 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  21:30:53  Show Profile  Visit Jamallo Kreen's Homepage Send Jamallo Kreen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the patient, the best route to go is probably to buy individual books as they crop up on eBay instead of trying to nab the whole set at once. After two full sets were sold off recently, a lot of indiviual novels were offered. I suspect that in some cases dealers may buy the set and sell the books off one at a time to make more money from them. In my opinion.

I have a mouth, but I am in a library and must not scream.

Feed the poor and stroke your ego, too: http://www.freerice.com/index.php.

Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  07:09:07  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

For the patient, the best route to go is probably to buy individual books as they crop up on eBay instead of trying to nab the whole set at once. After two full sets were sold off recently, a lot of indiviual novels were offered. I suspect that in some cases dealers may buy the set and sell the books off one at a time to make more money from them. In my opinion.

Only thing I dislike about buying each novel individually is that I would have to pay 3.99 in shipping or whatever for each book. Although I'm pretty sure that is what I'll have to end up doing.

Edited by - hawkytom on 06 Dec 2007 07:40:53
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  12:14:13  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can usually find whatever I am missing at a place called Black & Read...they have quite a D&D selection...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  12:31:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The entire Double Diamond Triangle Saga is on eBay again, in one lot... I just saw the new auction a few minutes ago.

I also went to Amazon earlier; one of the DDTS books I got has a major rip in the spine. So I bought a replacement, for less than $10, including shipping and handling.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  21:43:11  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome! Thank you, I'm going to try and win that auction!

Go to Top of Page

Nimriel
Seeker

Sweden
51 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  21:47:01  Show Profile  Visit Nimriel's Homepage Send Nimriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I envy you americans, sure the dollar is good(or not depending on how you see it) but shipping is a #@&%*.

Edited by - Nimriel on 06 Dec 2007 21:52:59
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000