Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Looking to Buy!! *UPDATED*

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hawkytom Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 02:18:11
Hello there! I'm in progress of trying to finish collecting Forgotten Realms Novels...I have EVERY novel, EXCEPT the Double Diamond Triangle Saga, I'm wondering if anybody here is wanting to part sell me the boxed set! I will also resort to buying the books individually if after awhile I don't have any luck with the boxed set, but I don't really want to buy each book from 9 different sellers, too much shipping cost!
Send me a private message with what books you have and their condition, approx price range etc...:)

-I generally shop online for old books at Amazon and Barnes&Noble, Paypal is fine...I'm not a fan of E-Bay, because I'm not familiar with it and haven't used it, BUT I'd possibly be willing to give it a try if I could get the boxed set

-Private Message me your e-mail if you prefer to communicate that way, or leave a response here. Whatever works.
THANKS!!
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nimriel Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 21:47:01
I envy you americans, sure the dollar is good(or not depending on how you see it) but shipping is a #@&%*.
hawkytom Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 21:43:11
Awesome! Thank you, I'm going to try and win that auction!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 12:31:28
The entire Double Diamond Triangle Saga is on eBay again, in one lot... I just saw the new auction a few minutes ago.

I also went to Amazon earlier; one of the DDTS books I got has a major rip in the spine. So I bought a replacement, for less than $10, including shipping and handling.
GRYPHON Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 12:14:13
I can usually find whatever I am missing at a place called Black & Read...they have quite a D&D selection...
hawkytom Posted - 06 Dec 2007 : 07:09:07
quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

For the patient, the best route to go is probably to buy individual books as they crop up on eBay instead of trying to nab the whole set at once. After two full sets were sold off recently, a lot of indiviual novels were offered. I suspect that in some cases dealers may buy the set and sell the books off one at a time to make more money from them. In my opinion.

Only thing I dislike about buying each novel individually is that I would have to pay 3.99 in shipping or whatever for each book. Although I'm pretty sure that is what I'll have to end up doing.
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 05 Dec 2007 : 21:30:53
For the patient, the best route to go is probably to buy individual books as they crop up on eBay instead of trying to nab the whole set at once. After two full sets were sold off recently, a lot of indiviual novels were offered. I suspect that in some cases dealers may buy the set and sell the books off one at a time to make more money from them. In my opinion.

hawkytom Posted - 05 Dec 2007 : 20:41:04
Hello there! I'm in progress of trying to finish collecting Forgotten Realms Novels...I have EVERY novel, EXCEPT the Double Diamond Triangle Saga, I'm wondering if anybody here is wanting to part sell me the boxed set! I will also resort to buying the books individually if after awhile I don't have any luck with the boxed set, but I don't really want to buy each book from 9 different sellers, too much shipping cost!
Send me a private message with what books you have and their condition, approx price range etc...:)

-I generally shop online for old books at Amazon and Barnes&Noble, Paypal is fine...I'm not a fan of E-Bay, because I'm not familiar with it and haven't used it, BUT I'd possibly be willing to give it a try if I could get the boxed set

-Private Message me your e-mail if you prefer to communicate that way, or leave a response here. Whatever works.
THANKS!!
Skeptic Posted - 04 Dec 2007 : 15:12:29

I just ordered Dangerous Games, the last novel missing to my collection.

Now I need a new bookshelf
Skeptic Posted - 15 Nov 2007 : 20:46:35
quote:
Originally posted by Karzak

Amazon.ca? I did a quick search and found some of the titles you wanted, some of which are at reasonable prices.

Yeah, but when you buy one item by seller, the shipping costs increase fastly

Anyway, with less than 10 books to find, my OOP collection will soon be completed.

Did anybody found a complete set of the DD Saga at a cheap price ? (just to know if I did an error to put a "lot" of money on it)
Karzak Posted - 15 Nov 2007 : 19:59:57
Amazon.ca? I did a quick search and found some of the titles you wanted, some of which are at reasonable prices.
Skeptic Posted - 15 Nov 2007 : 18:37:27

Amazon.com is great, but many sellers don't ship to Canada
Hawkins Posted - 15 Nov 2007 : 17:57:45
You might also try a book price comparison engine like www.StudentShopper.com or www.BookFinder.com.
hawkytom Posted - 15 Nov 2007 : 07:47:54
Thanks I found a couple at nobleknight.com and I think it's a great site! I'll be checking daily for private messages if anybody has any of the books for sale!
EvilKnight Posted - 15 Nov 2007 : 04:45:33
I have been fleshing out my collection through Half-Price Books.

EvilKnight
Wamphyri Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 23:17:03
Ive bought quite a few books from abebooks.com
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 18:14:46
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Thanks Rinonalyrna, I found 7 of them there.

You're welcome.

Used bookstores are a good idea, too, although I haven't had great personal experiences with them, because:

1) They are few and far in-between where I live.
2) When I *do* find one, I don't find any FR books I don't already have!
Hawkins Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 17:08:10
Do you have a local used book store? Mine has quite a few of the ones you have listed. I try to visit mine once a week.
Skeptic Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 16:27:52
Thanks Rinonalyrna, I found 7 of them there.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 16:20:10
Check nobleknight.com as well.
Zanan Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 10:50:36
You did check the sellers at Amazon, didn't you? Prices there are still reasonable (... if you count the exchange rates for the dollar in, that is ;-)).
scererar Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 04:15:06
ebay is where I fleshed out my collection, for the ones I failed to purchase as they came out.
Skeptic Posted - 14 Nov 2007 : 02:37:23
I'm too looking for some old books to complete my collection...

-The Ring of Winter
-Curse of the Shadowmage
-The Veiled Dragon
-Dangerous Games
-The Mage in the Iron Mask
-Pool of Radiance: The Ruins of Myth Drannor
-Fistandantilus Reborn (Dragonlance Book)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000