Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Buying: Double Diamond Triangle Saga BoxSet/Books!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  20:42:09  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello there! I'm in progress of trying to finish collecting Forgotten Realms Novels...I have EVERY novel, EXCEPT the Double Diamond Triangle Saga, I'm wondering if anybody here is wanting to part sell me the boxed set! I will also resort to buying the books individually if after awhile I don't have any luck with the boxed set, but I don't really want to buy each book from 9 different sellers, too much shipping cost!
Send me a private message with what books you have and their condition, approx price range etc...:)

-I generally shop online for old books at Amazon and Barnes&Noble, Paypal is fine...I'm not a fan of E-Bay, because I'm not familiar with it and haven't used it, BUT I'd possibly be willing to give it a try if I could get the boxed set

-Private Message me your e-mail if you prefer to communicate that way, or leave a response here. Whatever works.
THANKS!!

Any Lone Wolf fans? Old school gamebooks from the 80's? They are being re-released/updated, and new books 29-32 being written: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/novels/lonewolfsolo.html

Forgotten Realms BOOKS owned: ALL of them! (ebooks?...NONE! ever)

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  21:42:51  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't know there was a box set. :)

www.alibris.com

Helped me get a lot of out of print Realms novels and original Conan novels by Robert E. Howard.

Don't be afraid to use Ebay, it's a good source.

For example..

Link Here

is available on ebay. BUY IT NOW means you pay for it at the price that's listed. Items without BUT IT NOW means you can bit on it and if now one offers the seller a higher price before the auction ends, you win. If someone offers a higher price, you can enter a new one if you want.

If you look at the seller line..

Seller: bestbookshelf( 760 )

Bestbookshelf is the seller idea. 760 are the UNIQUE users that have commented on auctions they participated in. I750 is clicky, click on it, and it will show you all the commented of the users. The important part is the Recent Feedback Ratings box. It shows the tally from 1 month, 6 months, 1 year. If you ever see a neutral or negative you might want to scroll down and find it and find out why, but if the person's gotten a lot of feedback the last couple of months he/she is probably a regular seller on ebay and you can trust them and their description.. or to satisfy you of something goes wrong.

I've done a but load of buying on ebay, 404 unique positives, no negatives or neutral... only had 1 bad experience and it was because UPS damaged the item shipping it because they clearly up something WAY too heavy ontop of it while shipping it. The seller was nice enough to replaced it since it wasn't unique.

Anyway, try Alibris first, they're good.

Mod Edit: Shortened that second URL.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Dec 2007 22:38:59
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2007 :  22:49:05  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might want to use a book price comparison engine like Student Shopper or Book Finder.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 05 Dec 2007 22:49:49
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  15:57:14  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
how do we like this books? These are some of the remaining FR books that I need to read.

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  16:17:30  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I recommend (having just finished my FR Novel collection) :

eBay
www.nobleknight.com
www.abebooks.com
www.thriftbooks.com

Edited by - Skeptic on 06 Dec 2007 16:18:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: