Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GENCON 2008
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  01:41:03  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

One piece of good news... Gen Con can confirm they did send my pass via registered mail.

I guess I've got more of the waiting game to play.

Here ya go then......Still Waiting?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  19:15:26  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One piece of good news... Gen Con can confirm they did send my pass via registered mail.

They have to dig a whole to the other side of the world after all. You can't expect it to be that fast.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2008 :  21:33:34  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

quote:

They have to dig a whole to the other side of the world after all. You can't expect it to be that fast.

Well along those lines, they can get to the center of the earth within one movie, so it should be there by now!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  01:26:20  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Heh.

Usually, when I've had registered mail from the US in the past, it arrives within a 10 day time-frame. I'm fairly close to the limit of that time-frame now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  01:39:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just pray that it doesn't get misplaced, like my book did. :)

quote:

Heh.

Usually, when I've had registered mail from the US in the past, it arrives within a 10 day time-frame. I'm fairly close to the limit of that time-frame now.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  01:53:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Book? What book?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2008 :  01:55:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly!

quote:

Book? What book?

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2008 :  01:17:03  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, all.
I presume scribes have seen this, at the WotC site:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=rpga/genconindy/info08

(if this doesn't work, could someone please "fix the link" for me? Sage? Wooly?)
BTW, Shelly Mazzanoble should be Ed's scribe at the Spin A Yarn this year; I don't know if she or Phil Athans or both will play "straight person" for Ed - - who WILL write last year's, he promises.
And Sage, I wouldn't fret too much about your badge et al; I know lots of Canadians who haven't got their stuff yet, and they're a LOT closer than you are to either Indy or the GenCon company offices. I KNOW it's worrying; I'm just saying . . .
BTW, Paizo will release the Golarion hardcover at GenCon (Ed's one of the writers; they just posted the master list at the Paizo site), and there will be a Worlds of Their Own signing at the Paizo booth, 2:30 pm to 3:30pm Saturday (I think; please check!!!) with Jim Lowder, Micke Stackpole, Paul Kemp, Ed, and others . . .
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 24 Jul 2008 01:53:29
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2008 :  01:58:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi, all.

(if this doesn't work, could someone please "fix the link" for me? Sage? Wooly?)
Your linking skills are quite sufficient my lady. Well done!
quote:
And Sage, I wouldn't fret too much about your badge et al; I know lots of Canadians who haven't got their stuff yet, and they're a LOT closer than you are to either Indy or the GenCon company offices. I KNOW it's worrying; I'm just saying . . .
Aye. Thanks for the assurances THO. I suspose I'm just letting the excitement that this is my first Gen Con [hopefully] get to me.
quote:
BTW, Paizo will release the Golarion hardcover at GenCon (Ed's one of the writers; they just posted the master list at the Paizo site), and there will be a Worlds of Their Own signing at the Paizo booth, 2:30 pm to 3:30pm Saturday (I think; please check!!!) with Jim Lowder, Micke Stackpole, Paul Kemp, Ed, and others . . .
love,
THO
I've already got my gold pieces set aside for it!

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2008 :  02:10:52  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Someone who's going record the Realms seminar, please? I'd love to hear what happens in there!
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2008 :  02:30:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

Someone who's going record the Realms seminar, please? I'd love to hear what happens in there!

If I go to the seminar this year, I'll take notes like I did in 2006 and post them. That's if I go. :)

Edited by - Kuje on 24 Jul 2008 03:03:29
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2008 :  23:29:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by Uzzy

If I go to the seminar this year, I'll take notes like I did in 2006 and post them. That's if I go. :)

I am planning on taking notes and will be happy to share as well!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  00:30:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi, all.

BTW, Shelly Mazzanoble should be Ed's scribe at the Spin A Yarn this year; I don't know if she or Phil Athans or both will play "straight person" for Ed - - who WILL write last year's, he promises.
love,
THO

Thanks for the link Lady Hooded, I was very pleased to see that both Steven's and Jaliegh's books will be available also!(Blackstaf Tower and Mistshore)

Go to Top of Page

Jaleigh J.
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  03:40:05  Show Profile  Visit Jaleigh J.'s Homepage Send Jaleigh J. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
Thanks for the link Lady Hooded, I was very pleased to see that both Steven's and Jaliegh's books will be available also!(Blackstaf Tower and Mistshore)

Sweet! I was not aware of this myself until now. I can't wait to see them there.

http://www.jaleighjohnson.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jaleigh_johnson
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  03:58:03  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaleigh J.

quote:

Sweet! I was not aware of this myself until now. I can't wait to see them there.

That would have been quite the surprise then, me asking you to sign your new book, that you didn't know was out yet!

Go to Top of Page

Jaleigh J.
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  04:07:31  Show Profile  Visit Jaleigh J.'s Homepage Send Jaleigh J. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
That would have been quite the surprise then, me asking you to sign your new book, that you didn't know was out yet!

Very true. If I grab the book from you and run off to look at it, don't worry, I'll bring it back.

http://www.jaleighjohnson.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jaleigh_johnson
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  04:26:21  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jaleigh J.

quote:

Very true. If I grab the book from you and run off to look at it, don't worry, I'll bring it back.

I would totally understand!!

I will buy two then!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  05:57:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some sad news folks... due to a rather urgent personal issue that has arisen just this afternoon, it looks like I won't be able to attend Gen Con as planned. This issue, unfortunately, requires my immediate attention, and I need to remain here to address it completely.

It's not all bad however. In the batch of mail that arrived on my doorstep this morning, my Gen Con pass finally arrived. [Kinda ironic, eh?] Thus, the Lady K and I have decided that, rather than waste the actual ticket and the overall cost of the trip... she will be heading to Gen Con in my place [don't worry Kuje, she'll have the book with her ].

I'm entirely annoyed by this bizarre turn of events, because it means I won't be able to meet most of you as planned [though I'm sure you'll have just as much fun with the Lady K ]. So it looks like my first Gen Con experience will have to wait until next year.

*sigh*

Sorry guys.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  07:33:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that sucks, Sage. :( But hope all is well.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  08:06:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kuje.

I've spent the last couple of hours trying to resolve the matter to a point where I could still be able to leave the country... but it just doesn't look likely. Maybe I'll have some success next week.

More as it happens.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  14:56:48  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Some sad news folks... due to a rather urgent personal issue that has arisen just this afternoon, it looks like I won't be able to attend Gen Con as planned. This issue, unfortunately, requires my immediate attention, and I need to remain here to address it completely.

It's not all bad however. In the batch of mail that arrived on my doorstep this morning, my Gen Con pass finally arrived. [Kinda ironic, eh?] Thus, the Lady K and I have decided that, rather than waste the actual ticket and the overall cost of the trip... she will be heading to Gen Con in my place [don't worry Kuje, she'll have the book with her ].

I'm entirely annoyed by this bizarre turn of events, because it means I won't be able to meet most of you as planned [though I'm sure you'll have just as much fun with the Lady K ]. So it looks like my first Gen Con experience will have to wait until next year.

*sigh*

Sorry guys.

No matter if yo uare able to attend or not, I hope everything sorts out for the best. If it does not work out in time, hopefully you can make it next time around.

Does the Lady K enjoy the same beverages as you or shall I have to drink your pints myself?

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  14:59:10  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are any of you scribes planning on trying out the Living Realms??
I am thinking about it, but would much rather have a go with some fellow scribes if possible.

Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  15:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am thinking about it, but would much rather have a go with some fellow scribes if possible.

I'm still unsure what the Living Realms is :/

Now Sage, that blows. I was actually looking forward to meeting to you, but I will certainly be happy to meet the Lady K

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  17:01:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does the Lady K enjoy the same beverages as you or shall I have to drink your pints myself?
I'm sure she can accomodate you.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  18:08:33  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm sure she can accomodate you.

Then I shall endeavor to treat with the utmost respect she deserves!

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  18:26:15  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I signed up for the Lantan adventure at 8am on Friday. If there are still slots available come on down. I'd love to adventure with some Candlekeep folks.
quote:

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames

Edited by - Brian R. James on 25 Jul 2008 18:26:53
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2008 :  20:00:28  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

I signed up for the Lantan adventure at 8am on Friday. If there are still slots available come on down. I'd love to adventure with some Candlekeep folks.
[quote]Originally posted by The Red Walker

I am not sure if I can get out of work Thurs or Fri, but I am trying. It would be cool to join you, If I can I will check that out when I get down there, I believe that all event sign up is on site at this time.
I think with this being my first time I kinda dropped the ball on doing stuff like tht early, but I did get tix for Secret of the Realms and Spin a Yarn. It would be cool to sit with some fellow scribes at those if it works out.

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2008 :  20:25:35  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I would love to, but my Gen Con schedule has recently become more overbooked that I imagined possible. Erik SDB and I are definitely planning a pickup game at some point, possibly of the adventure we're running, so you all are welcome to join that.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2008 :  01:00:21  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

I would love to, but my Gen Con schedule has recently become more overbooked that I imagined possible. Erik SDB and I are definitely planning a pickup game at some point, possibly of the adventure we're running, so you all are welcome to join that.

Thank you, I hope I get the chance!

Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2008 :  09:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of pick up games at GENCON, I want to play an FR game if possible. Every one keeps telling me that either I can start a pick up game at anytime, or I won't have enough time because there will be so many other things going there. I would be nice to play Dungeons & Dragons with some good folk if I can. I really can't wait to visit with all of you there. I know so few people who like the realms. If people only knew what they are missing out on.

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000