Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Seven Sisters, and your 4 words
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seainna Mistwalker
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  08:27:23  Show Profile  Visit Seainna Mistwalker's Homepage Send Seainna Mistwalker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Individual interpretations and impressions being what they are, I request some of each from those of you holding a well defined degree of knowledge pertaining to the Seven Chosen Sisters. Based on your readings and personal experience via written media, how would you describe each of the Seven Sisters if only given four words to do so?

Alustriel

Dove

Laeral

Qilué

Storm

Syluné

The Simbul

As a follow up query, which of these personalities most appeals to you on a personal level....and why ?

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  10:30:01  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice post!

I can only answer for five of the seven, as these are the ones that have played significant roles in my ongoing campaign. These are personal opinions based upon years of roleplaying and interaction with a variety of PC's with the Five.

Picking only 4 words is very tough (especially for Laeral and Storm, I could write 4 paragraphs on those two!) so here we go.

Alustriel
Kind, patient, understanding, wise

Dove
Reserved, strong, reliable, honourable

Laeral
mischievous, generous, flirty, insightful

Qilué

Storm
Passionate, motherly, calm, humble

Syluné

The Simbul
Tactical, cold, blunt, yearning (to be loved)

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 28 Aug 2008 10:32:36
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  13:17:43  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sylune - Dedicated, idefatigable, reliable, selfless

The Simbul - Fierce, unrelenting, hasty, strong

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 28 Aug 2008 13:20:06
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  13:43:32  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alustriel - Smile! Love conquers all.

Dove - Less magic, more sword.

Laeral - Doyenne of Blackstaff Tower.

Qilué - Drow; serves two Mistresses.

Storm - The heart of Shadowdale.

Syluné - She is a ghost.

The Simbul - Mad, skinchanging witch-queen.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  14:06:30  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice thread, but one I would not do justice to. I would advise reading Silverfall though. excellent novel about the seven sisters.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  14:44:38  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, I like this thread, though I can't think of what to add at this time.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  14:54:20  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funny thing is, I feel better with just two words:

Alustriel
wise beauty
Dove
vibrant oak
Laeral
shield mother
Qilué
dark joy
Storm
witty wrestler (not just the martial kind )
Syluné
no regrets
The Simbul
one way

The funny thing is, they each appeal to me in different ways. Alustriel has been the calming influence in the wild north, and reminds me of Galadriel sending the fellowship off on their quest after a brief, but welcome, respite.

Dove, I have to say, I fell in love with a long time ago. I'd be a puppy dog for her if I was in the Realms.

During my friends campaign, Khelben died (in a very heroic way, but died nonetheless), and my character took it upon himself to be the one to inform Laeral of the news (more on that character in a bit). I always liked how she was dealt some of the worst hands of all the sisters and was still able to look forward with hope.

Qilué was the least known of the sisters. Although she came into the stories much later, I felt a kinship to her because in my story for Ashe, he winds up falling for a Drow that had been called by Mielikki and when I first read Qilué, she was almost identical to how I saw her.

Storm, I knew the most about. She was the first daughter I met in the books and to me always embody the true spirit of an adventurer of the Realms. I'm truly hoping she made it out of the Spellplague with El & Simbul.

I always felt a bit of heartache for Syluné for being a ghost and her history, but I never mourned her for the choice she made. Ironically, how they handled her finally passing in the Shadowdale adventure was, I believe, very much exactly how she should have gone. Still, I will miss her.

Finally, the Simbul. She's (so far) the only other Chosen to survive and she, like the rest, has a special place in my heart. My second favorite character (next to Ashe) was a young sorcerer/rogue from Aglarond who pledged himself to his queen. He was rewarded, later on, with actually meeting and being able to serve her directly in the Realms. He was the one that took on the task of telling Laeral of Khelben's death in the game, and I played him as this roguish type that loved Aglarond and his queen above all else.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 28 Aug 2008 15:09:39
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  14:59:30  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I like Storm best of all--she's a tough woman, but motherly, approachable, and full of humor at the same time.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 28 Aug 2008 15:00:23
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  21:49:32  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I think I like Storm best of all--she's a tough woman, but motherly, approachable, and full of humor at the same time.

My sentiments as well.......plus she is a verrry sexy woodcutter

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  00:38:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

My sentiments as well.......plus she is a verrry sexy woodcutter

Yeah.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000