Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Real Live Tressym!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thalos_Milathriel
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  21:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Thalos_Milathriel's Homepage Send Thalos_Milathriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This just in to our news desk:

"Tom cats in Sichuan province in southern China have sprouted wing-like growths on their backs..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2631016/Chinese-cats-grow-wings.html

No word on wether any of the nearby Shou wizards had adopted them as familiars, but it would seem inevitable...

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tressym

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  21:36:30  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
meow meow kitty

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  22:07:40  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! They have a disturbing amount of pollution!

quote:
Originally posted by Thalos_Milathriel

This just in to our news desk:

"Tom cats in Sichuan province in southern China have sprouted wing-like growths on their backs..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2631016/Chinese-cats-grow-wings.html

No word on wether any of the nearby Shou wizards had adopted them as familiars, but it would seem inevitable...

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tressym

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Thalos_Milathriel
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  22:34:54  Show Profile  Visit Thalos_Milathriel's Homepage Send Thalos_Milathriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn
Wow! They have a disturbing amount of pollution!

Pollution? ... or is it SPELLPLAGUE?
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2008 :  23:36:07  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps these toms adapted to avoid predation, from overly amorous females or oppressive humans who want an "inside cat".

I never considered that tressym migrated from Kara-Tur! Perhaps they're fey....
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  00:11:29  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately the are real Tressym, who are the vctims of the booming popularity of Cat Wing Soup.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  01:01:47  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait a minute... The article says it is a tomcat, but that's clearly a calico kitty. I feel my leg getting pulled.

If that tugging sensation is just me not being able to sit still for more than two minutes, then some one really won the lottery on that cat :P
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  01:25:39  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Unfortunately the are real Tressym, who are the vctims of the booming popularity of Cat Wing Soup.

I tried to stay away from the cat-in-the-kettle stereotype, but, hey! My thoughts *exactly*, RW!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  01:27:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Reading the article, it looks like it's just the one cat with winglets.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  01:28:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

quote:

I tried to stay away from the cat-in-the-kettle stereotype, but, hey! My thoughts *exactly*, RW!

For a long time, we had -- right on 192, a main road -- a Chinese place sitting next to a pet store.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  01:33:30  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

Wait a minute... The article says it is a tomcat, but that's clearly a calico kitty. I feel my leg getting pulled.

If that tugging sensation is just me not being able to sit still for more than two minutes, then some one really won the lottery on that cat :P

Apparently calico/tortie requires an XX chromosome, making almost all female. There are rare incidents of XXY calicos which are male, but I doubt they're virile toms. Perhaps an XXY calico tom explains why he's avoiding the affection of his female admirers.

Edited by - monknwildcat on 28 Aug 2008 01:34:37
Go to Top of Page

monknwildcat
Learned Scribe

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  01:36:41  Show Profile  Visit monknwildcat's Homepage Send monknwildcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

quote:

For a long time, we had -- right on 192, a main road -- a Chinese place sitting next to a pet store.

The Peking Moon?
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  02:06:22  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the the funnest sessions I ever played was PCing as a tressym familiar of a friend of mine....now I can get her one as a present!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  05:33:17  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gods above!

First Chicken Wings, then Buffalo Wings... now Cat Wings?
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  05:34:39  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you forgot puppy dog tails

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  13:21:38  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tomcat just means that it is a Male Cat, so it could be a calico tomcat

Edited by - The Red Walker on 28 Aug 2008 13:22:07
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  14:31:39  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The two traits, tricolor and a Y chomosome, don't occur in the same cat very often :P Add little wing thingies and that's a very one of a kind kitty.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  14:48:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me too...I don't quite believe this story.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2008 :  21:48:00  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was probably bred for the Opening ceremonies of the Olympics!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  00:50:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fellow scribes, I'm afraid I'll have to close this scroll unless some sliver of Realms discussion can nudge it's way in here somewhere.

Let's keep it Realms-related, please.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2008 :  01:06:02  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Fellow scribes, I'm afraid I'll have to close this scroll unless some sliver of Realms discussion can nudge it's way in here somewhere.

Let's keep it Realms-related, please.

OK, I think that a wave of blue fire washed over a Tressym colony and transported this special kitty into our reality.

This is the first positive side effect of the blue fire I have seen!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000