Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Real Live Tressym!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Thalos_Milathriel Posted - 27 Aug 2008 : 21:28:59
This just in to our news desk:

"Tom cats in Sichuan province in southern China have sprouted wing-like growths on their backs..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2631016/Chinese-cats-grow-wings.html

No word on wether any of the nearby Shou wizards had adopted them as familiars, but it would seem inevitable...

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tressym
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Red Walker Posted - 29 Aug 2008 : 01:06:02
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Fellow scribes, I'm afraid I'll have to close this scroll unless some sliver of Realms discussion can nudge it's way in here somewhere.

Let's keep it Realms-related, please.

OK, I think that a wave of blue fire washed over a Tressym colony and transported this special kitty into our reality.

This is the first positive side effect of the blue fire I have seen!
The Sage Posted - 29 Aug 2008 : 00:50:43
Fellow scribes, I'm afraid I'll have to close this scroll unless some sliver of Realms discussion can nudge it's way in here somewhere.

Let's keep it Realms-related, please.
The Red Walker Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 21:48:00
It was probably bred for the Opening ceremonies of the Olympics!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 14:48:15
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

Wait a minute... The article says it is a tomcat, but that's clearly a calico kitty. I feel my leg getting pulled.

Me too...I don't quite believe this story.
Lady Fellshot Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 14:31:39
The two traits, tricolor and a Y chomosome, don't occur in the same cat very often :P Add little wing thingies and that's a very one of a kind kitty.
The Red Walker Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 13:21:38
quote:

Wait a minute... The article says it is a tomcat, but that's clearly a calico kitty. I feel my leg getting pulled.

If that tugging sensation is just me not being able to sit still for more than two minutes, then some one really won the lottery on that cat :P

Tomcat just means that it is a Male Cat, so it could be a calico tomcat
sfdragon Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 05:34:39
you forgot puppy dog tails
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 05:33:17
Gods above!

First Chicken Wings, then Buffalo Wings... now Cat Wings?
Arion Elenim Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 02:06:22
One of the the funnest sessions I ever played was PCing as a tressym familiar of a friend of mine....now I can get her one as a present!
monknwildcat Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 01:36:41
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Unfortunately the are real Tressym, who are the vctims of the booming popularity of Cat Wing Soup.

I tried to stay away from the cat-in-the-kettle stereotype, but, hey! My thoughts *exactly*, RW!

For a long time, we had -- right on 192, a main road -- a Chinese place sitting next to a pet store.

The Peking Moon?
monknwildcat Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 01:33:30
quote:

If that tugging sensation is just me not being able to sit still for more than two minutes, then some one really won the lottery on that cat :P

Apparently calico/tortie requires an XX chromosome, making almost all female. There are rare incidents of XXY calicos which are male, but I doubt they're virile toms. Perhaps an XXY calico tom explains why he's avoiding the affection of his female admirers.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 01:28:31
quote:
Originally posted by monknwildcat

quote:

Unfortunately the are real Tressym, who are the vctims of the booming popularity of Cat Wing Soup.

I tried to stay away from the cat-in-the-kettle stereotype, but, hey! My thoughts *exactly*, RW!

For a long time, we had -- right on 192, a main road -- a Chinese place sitting next to a pet store.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 01:27:28
Reading the article, it looks like it's just the one cat with winglets.
monknwildcat Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 01:25:39
quote:

Lady Fellshot Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 01:01:47

The Red Walker Posted - 28 Aug 2008 : 00:11:29
monknwildcat Posted - 27 Aug 2008 : 23:36:07
Perhaps these toms adapted to avoid predation, from overly amorous females or oppressive humans who want an "inside cat".

I never considered that tressym migrated from Kara-Tur! Perhaps they're fey....
Thalos_Milathriel Posted - 27 Aug 2008 : 22:34:54
quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn
Wow! They have a disturbing amount of pollution!

Pollution? ... or is it SPELLPLAGUE?
bitter thorn Posted - 27 Aug 2008 : 22:07:40
Wow! They have a disturbing amount of pollution!

quote:
Originally posted by Thalos_Milathriel

This just in to our news desk:

"Tom cats in Sichuan province in southern China have sprouted wing-like growths on their backs..."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2631016/Chinese-cats-grow-wings.html

No word on wether any of the nearby Shou wizards had adopted them as familiars, but it would seem inevitable...

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Tressym

sfdragon Posted - 27 Aug 2008 : 21:36:30
meow meow kitty

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000