Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Attribute Bonus Items
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  06:24:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just a quick question for all you rules junkies out there:

Does a "headband of intellect" give me a bonus to my skill roll for say the Spellcraft skill? I know it doesn't give me extra skill points, but what about the modifier? If it does, how would I write that up in a stat block?

Thanks in advance.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  06:34:17  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just looked up a stat block from Complete Mage, and the character is listed as having a [i]Headband of Intellect[i], and they are not listed separately (i.e. it just says +19 without any explanation). It should indeed give the ability bonus to the skill check, but I did not discect the skill points in the stat block to make sure, in part because my brain is about fried from rebuilding Irae from COTSQ as a yathrinshee, so skill points are mocking me right about now . . .

Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  07:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Absolutely! It increases your intelligence, which increases your intelligence bonus. This will factor in to all of your intelligence based skill checks for the duration that you wear the headband.

This increased intelligence also applies to bonus spells (assuming you are a caster, such as a wizard, with intelligence as your primary spellcasting characteristic) per the chart near the front of the PHB.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  09:58:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. Appreciated.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000