Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Attribute Bonus Items

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
George Krashos Posted - 10 Mar 2007 : 06:24:50
Just a quick question for all you rules junkies out there:

Does a "headband of intellect" give me a bonus to my skill roll for say the Spellcraft skill? I know it doesn't give me extra skill points, but what about the modifier? If it does, how would I write that up in a stat block?

Thanks in advance.

-- George Krashos
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
George Krashos Posted - 10 Mar 2007 : 09:58:07
Thanks guys. Appreciated.

-- George Krashos
Gray Richardson Posted - 10 Mar 2007 : 07:14:26
Absolutely! It increases your intelligence, which increases your intelligence bonus. This will factor in to all of your intelligence based skill checks for the duration that you wear the headband.

This increased intelligence also applies to bonus spells (assuming you are a caster, such as a wizard, with intelligence as your primary spellcasting characteristic) per the chart near the front of the PHB.
KnightErrantJR Posted - 10 Mar 2007 : 06:34:17
I just looked up a stat block from Complete Mage, and the character is listed as having a [i]Headband of Intellect[i], and they are not listed separately (i.e. it just says +19 without any explanation). It should indeed give the ability bonus to the skill check, but I did not discect the skill points in the stat block to make sure, in part because my brain is about fried from rebuilding Irae from COTSQ as a yathrinshee, so skill points are mocking me right about now . . .

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000