Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sex & the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  23:58:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Also are there STDs in the Realms?

I'm going to take a guess...yes. Or at least, there should be, since the phyiscal world of the FR seems to be enough like our own that NOT having STDs would be...weird.

Besides, STDs could potentially make interesting story complications, IMO.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  23:59:47  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
I imagine followers of Sharess would have some nice little spells to deal with such things...

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Shere Khan
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  00:00:13  Show Profile  Visit Shere Khan's Homepage Send Shere Khan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

quote:
Originally posted by Shere Khan

In addition, I don't believe that FR novels (excepting Salvatore's works) have penetrated particularly far into the female demographic.

?

I'd have thought most of Salvatore's readers are teenage males.

I know lots of girls who have read Salvatore's works, particularly his early drow books, and yet have never played D&D or read any other FR books. I tend to see Drizzt's sappier interior monologues to be an attempt by Salvatore to pull in and keep his female audience despite all of the gratuitous combat he throws in to pull in young males. Personally I'm burned out on the formula Salvatore uses to write. The Drizzt series has become far too saacharinely politically correct and predictable for my tastes. I will not be buying the new book. But he still has a BIG following so there's no need for him to change the formula. I think out of all the D&D authors, he has most consistently pulled in both D&D's traditional core young male constituency as well as the growing numbers of young female fantasy readers.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  00:10:18  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
I'd have to agree there. I think that Elaine's books probably appeal to females a little more than most males. The fact that I, er, don't think quite like a normal male is probably why I like her writing so much.

And, yes, I firmly believe in gender differences, but equality. :)

Planescape Fanatic

"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  00:27:52  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:

quote:

In addition, I don't believe that FR novels (excepting Salvatore's works) have penetrated particularly far into the female demographic.

?

I'd have thought most of Salvatore's readers are teenage males.

Also, isn't RAS the most widely read FR novelist to begin with? There are people who read his books who aren't fans of the Realms setting in itsef (they read for Drizzt, not the setting), so I don't think the RAS novels are a good example, here.

And frankly, as a female I wouldn't care one bit if the "journal entries" where excised entirely from the Drizzt books.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 12 Jul 2006 00:28:40
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  00:31:53  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
I remember how distressed my first ex was when I revealed to him that the RAS books were D&D novels. He was all about trying to be a "cool" smart guy, and that destroyed him.

.... In the end, he deserved it. *cough*

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  00:53:21  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

I remember how distressed my first ex was when I revealed to him that the RAS books were D&D novels. He was all about trying to be a "cool" smart guy, and that destroyed him.

It's a bit sad, sometimes, how image is everything (the "D&D" label makes it all worse).

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 12 Jul 2006 00:54:18
Go to Top of Page

Shere Khan
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  01:02:44  Show Profile  Visit Shere Khan's Homepage Send Shere Khan a Private Message
quote:

I think we're severely lacking some statistics, here. I can't find any good ones on Google myself.

yep.

quote:

But according to a friend of mine, a recent 'chick' magazine said that, if you count Buffy/Angel as fantasy, there statistically are more female fans of FANTASY. Not just fiction. Adding in the wild success of authors like Laurel K. Hamilton, Nora Roberts/JD Robb, and Anne Rice - all of which I would consider fantasy writers - then, well, I think I could see females at the very least rivaling males in terms of fantasy readers.

So there's something to chew on, too.

Yep. It sort of depends on how we define the category. Anne Rice usually doesn't get put in the Sci-Fi section. Some sci-fi traditionalists don't consider LKH real sci-fi either despite the fact she does now get placed in the section. On the other hand, "Space" Sci-Fi novels, fantasy game books, comic books and their novelizations are all still predominantly male (but also changing) So... *shrug* It currently appears possible to define the category in such a way that either gender makes up the majority of the readership.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  01:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I think I know who the gay male character was (at least, that's how I saw him).

Oh?

quote:
But most of all, as a straight female I'd love to see more handsome nude men in these books.

I shall take that under advisement.

It occurs to me, now, how many female readers I've heard from who really, really like Ghostwalker. Hmm.

And based on that evidence -- the only real evidence I have (other than my own beautiful lady who read and enjoyed the Dark Elf Trilogy, loves Neil Gaiman and Pratchett, and is currently on Jacqueline Carey), I would say I'm with Kuje and the "female fantasy readers in the majority" stance.

So how 'bout sex in the Realms?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  02:00:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

What *is* the marrying age in the Realms?

It's not something that has been specifically set, what with the diverse culture of the Realms, and the pantheons themselves.

Ed has covered, somewhat, marriages/weddings in the Realms -- with respect to conduct by a particular church and/or clergy (Sharess's and Lliira's) -- in his replies here at Candlekeep. Unfortunately, actual details on such ceremonies isn't something Ed has had much opportunity to properly cover in the Realmslore.

Tymoran wedding ceremonies received some treatment in Ed's Spellfire novels.

You'll probably find that determining marrying age comes down, largely, to the basis of local customs, religious beliefs, and cultural traditions which are specific to that one region, among smaller populations, which have probably been worked into the traditions regarding how two people are usually married.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Jul 2006 02:02:10
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  02:00:42  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message
Grin,

I think I covered my discussion about sex in the Realms awhile back, which is why I've stayed clear on the other half of this discussion. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Jul 2006 02:07:31
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  02:43:22  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Oh?

I think he was a certain half-elven dualist who seemed to me to be quite fond of handsome young men.

quote:

I shall take that under advisement.

It occurs to me, now, how many female readers I've heard from who really, really like Ghostwalker. Hmm.

Well, I loved that certain scene *ahem* with Greyt not wearing anything.

quote:
And based on that evidence -- the only real evidence I have (other than my own beautiful lady who read and enjoyed the Dark Elf Trilogy, loves Neil Gaiman and Pratchett, and is currently on Jacqueline Carey), I would say I'm with Kuje and the "female fantasy readers in the majority" stance.

In the absence of any real statistics, myself, I am wondering if it is about half-and-half. Or at least, if one side isn't overwhelmingly larger than the other.

quote:
So how 'bout sex in the Realms?

Why not? It's a part of life...and honestly, I rather enjoy sexy scenes.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  02:59:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Besides, STDs could potentially make interesting story complications, IMO.

Interestingly, such characters may find themselves falling into the service of Talona or Set for example, and become pawns for the clergy to help spread certain diseases and/or plagues among the disenfranchised and/or desperate populations of large cities.

The method of transference for these diseases, through sexual activity, would make contaminating a small town or locale significantly easier since, for the most part, the disease carriers are likely harder to detect and their infection techniques can be varied considerably.

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:07:39  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
quote:
I think he was a certain half-elven dualist who seemed to me to be quite fond of handsome young men.

A man after my own heart! ;) Was this the Ghostwalker novel, now, or Erik's short story? *Is taking a trip to the mall tomorrow, and may have to add Ghostwalker to his list of novels to buy!*

STDs in the Realms - Oh, my. Talona corrupting followers of Sharess, Sune, etc.? That could be bad. Or perhaps Talona corrupting groups of prostitutes across the Realms...

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:21:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

STDs in the Realms - Oh, my. Talona corrupting followers of Sharess, Sune, etc.? That could be bad. Or perhaps Talona corrupting groups of prostitutes across the Realms...
Hmmm...

We know there's been, on occasion, times when city rulers and important nobles sometimes *visit* Houses of Ill-Repute for *entertainment* purposes. It would provide a local Talonite clergy with a wonderful means of corrupting the leaders and other high-ups of a powerful city. Weakening them to the point where a more direct assault upon the city's population, can be carried out.

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Jul 2006 03:24:09
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:42:09  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
Or perhaps inflicting them with insidious diseases that leave them open to psychological manipulations; or blackmail...

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:47:06  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message
quote:

Coming to think of it, if you want lyrics with very heavy innuendo check out most of the songs done by Whitesnake (which in itself is an innuendo!)

Or about any hip-hop song of the same era. Salt-n-Pepa anyone? Loads of innuendo there.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

msatran
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  06:32:44  Show Profile  Visit msatran's Homepage Send msatran a Private Message
Yeah. Disease Spreading plots are always fun. I love the Cult of Anthraxus. They fit easily into any world, they're immune to disease, and they can spread any diseases they want. Plus, there's just something amusing about PC's thinking they've got those Talonans or Set worshippers dead to rights and then they come around the corner and see the tons of people covered with sores and worshipping a rotting sheep's head. :)

Nonetheless, the issue of Sex in the Realms really boils down to "I hope it's happening, or there won't be any new Player Characters anytime soon." :) Seriously, though, straight or gay doesn't matter in the Realms, Ed said so. If it comes down to a situation where there's an issue about it, I roll a die based on real world population factors, with about 10 percent being gay, 10 percent being bisexual, and 80 percent or so being straight.

That being said, it's also done as a matter of convenience because it's a d10 and I really don't want to make a chart for this, it detracts from whatever story is being run. (Though there was one hilarious situation where the PC's whole plan got bolluxed up because they chose the seduction avenue and picked someone of the wrong gender to do it...)

Have I made important NPC's in my Realms Gay? Sure I have! When it fits and the moment is appropriate. Usually, I like to choose the toughest, meanest, strictest lawful good badass I can, just because it prevents people from doing REALLY stupid things, or forces them to come to grips with sexuality in the Realms the hard way.

When I whacked Piergieron (And yes, I did this in game for a very good reason, after looking at the history and making little choking sounds, I realized that he was 132 years old, and that this no longer functioned, so I had him die of old age...) I had to choose a new Open Lord. (And yes, there was a lot of maneuvering, a vengeful guy who didn't get into the Zhentarim orchestrated a massive plot that hosed over everyone and killed thousands, and he was a first level commoner (Actually, he was a 0 level 2nd editon character, but that's the current equivalent.... He just thought about a lot of things for a real long time...) The PC's burst down the door to kill him, and he gave up, because he knew how tough they were, so they had to arrest him. They were REAL mad. They expected some huge fight...) So I chose Texter, and when people asked me "What's he like?" And I was like "Oh, he's your perfectly ordinary gay 17th+ level paladin. You don't like that he's gay, too bad."

Amazingly enough, no one has ever called me on it. :) But by choosing the biggest toughest guy, you can also show people that Gay people CAN be as big, tough, and badass as straight people. And usually, in-game, you only have to do this once, because the NPC can probably kick your butt, and sexuality is NEVER an issue in your tabletop game EVER again. :)

Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  06:56:38  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
Everyone knows that gay guys are muscle-fiends. Of COURSE they'd be the big, sexy Paladin-type.

Or the bard.

Or, if you're a gay nerd like me, the Wizard.

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  08:47:08  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message
quote:

I tend to see Drizzt's sappier interior monologues to be an attempt by Salvatore to pull in and keep his female audience despite all of the gratuitous combat he throws in to pull in young males.

Ew. As a woman, I can say that those monologues do zilch for me, and I've encountered a few other female readers (in addition to Rino here) who don't think that well of the journal entries (or indeed, Drizzt's angst in general), either.

quote:
Personally I'm burned out on the formula Salvatore uses to write. The Drizzt series has become far too saacharinely politically correct and predictable for my tastes.

Yeah. I find it funny that, despite dealing with murderous, sadistic and sexually depraved drow, the series still manages to be ridiculously prudish. And boring.
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  09:16:29  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message
I have no difficulty enjoying novels and stories with no mention of sexuality, but it is nice to see a variety of characters that mimics reality. I wouldn't be surprised if higher up corp types want sexual issues to be minimized, but I would enjoy a realms book that didn't shy away from these. Some of the authors have done a fine job in expressing sensuality without going overboard. Ed has a number of sexually charged scenes in his books (and we know that he has had a lot of these pruned by editors). If you've ever been to the Spin a Yarn seminars, you know what I mean.

I recently did an interview for the Silven Trumpeter with Steve Kenson who wrote a whole bunch of Shadowrun novels where the main character was gay. It was an aspect of the character that was developed a bit, but didn't in any way dominate the story. Mel Odom (also a FR writer) also had one or two lesbian characters in his Shadowrun novels. I don't know if it's easier to deal with sexuality in a setting that is supposeds to be an alternatve version of our own world in the future with magic.

If I ever get around to trying to get WOTC to let me write some fiction, I'd like to develop characters with realistic sexualities (even if these are not the focus of the book). I have one really intriguing idea floating around that Eric Boyd gave me some encouragement to develop.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  09:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
Am I the only one who read the title of this and thought it was about Alusair and 3 of her 30 something female friends living in Suzail?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  09:54:46  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message
Bootom line, and I don't wanna be sounding too bleak or fatalistic, we don't need porn or extreme violence of any kind in a novel, but if all aspects, be that romance, sex, war and even cooking, were treated with the same respect it might have way more appeal to us readers.

Censorship of things adults do with and to each other, no matter what it is, is bad, after all we are adults and as such having any agency tell me what to read (as long as it solely deals with adults) is one step further to Big Brother. We can decide what we like and can put away anything we don't... there still is one Dragonlance novel in my bookshelf that I haven't finished and probably never will finish because it was, in my eyes, too much idiocy to bear.

We do have the choice of putting a book away, so if a theme offends us let's shelve the book and move on, no agency is needed for that.

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  15:08:33  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message
quote:

quote:

A man after my own heart! ;) Was this the Ghostwalker novel, now, or Erik's short story? *Is taking a trip to the mall tomorrow, and may have to add Ghostwalker to his list of novels to buy!*

This would be the novel Ghostwalker she refers to.

It's quite subtle (more in the "ambiguous" line than the "overt"), and he isn't a major character. Still, I think -- based on our conversation -- that you'll like the book.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Shere Khan
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  20:59:36  Show Profile  Visit Shere Khan's Homepage Send Shere Khan a Private Message
quote:

quote:

I tend to see Drizzt's sappier interior monologues to be an attempt by Salvatore to pull in and keep his female audience despite all of the gratuitous combat he throws in to pull in young males.

Ew. As a woman, I can say that those monologues do zilch for me, and I've encountered a few other female readers (in addition to Rino here) who don't think that well of the journal entries (or indeed, Drizzt's angst in general), either.

Yeah, I think the monologues have become too repetitive and too needlessly angsty, and they've taken all the mystery out of the character while making him seem somewhat two-dimensional. Drizzt's emotional range seems artifically restricted, probably to ensure that his rep with the readers isn't damaged.

quote:
Personally I'm burned out on the formula Salvatore uses to write. The Drizzt series has become far too saacharinely politically correct and predictable for my tastes.

quote:

Yeah. I find it funny that, despite dealing with murderous, sadistic and sexually depraved drow, the series still manages to be ridiculously prudish. And boring.

LOL! Yup! My sentiments exactly. Salvatore's version of the Drow always struck me as the censored, cleaned-up PG version of what really happens down in Menzo. I was seriously disappointed with the War of the Spider Queen series also. Not all of the authors seemed to understand what it meant to be born a Drow in Menzo. Lisa Smedman in particular made me want to retch when she turned Halisstra into a naive fool. One wonders how Halisstra survived to make high priestess in a society of power-hungry, back-stabbing master-intriguers such as the Drow. Good does not equal stupid. Just because she changed her alignment and religion does not mean she automatically forgot her 100+ years growing up as a Drow and how untrustworthy 999,999 out of 1,000,000 Drow are. The idea of Smedman writing a Halisstra series makes me cringe!!!!!

Then there is the normally quick-witted and thoroughly selfish Pharaun who exhibited undrow-like party loyalty at the end of the series, leaving himself at the mercy of priestesses that he knew better then to trust. I fully expected them to do what they did. What I didn't expect was such unselfish stupidity on Pharaun's part despite all of the warnings he received (ie. Valas's warning, Aliisza's warning, Quenthel's threats, Jaegred's threats, Danifae's evil looks, the first time they were going to leave him to die..). It seemed so uncharacteristic of Drow in general, but especially Pharaun in this situation, to so unselfishly give his all in a fight helping those who would kill him in a heartbeat without any sort of back-up plan.

Then there are the smaller issues like the house mage raping Danifae as a child. What male would dare rape the daughter of his lolth-worshipping house's matron mother??? I just didn't buy it.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  22:23:41  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
*Makes note to buy Ghostwalker.*

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  04:03:53  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message
Shere, many examples of the growing list of continuity bumps WOTC has created the last year.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  05:38:45  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message
quote:

*Makes note to buy Ghostwalker.*

I definately enjoyed it. It was well written, and a cool change of pace, and it included an interesting paladin, which I always like. Not to mention, Eric did a really good job of incorporating game rules (a PrC for example) into the story in a logical fashion, which is always a plus for me in a FR author.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  06:47:36  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
A cool change of pace? Not another RSE, you mean? :)

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  01:11:23  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:

A cool change of pace? Not another RSE, you mean? :)

Nope, just a nice (if a bit dark) story.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000