Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 And the author of "Bladesinger" is...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

O Love
Acolyte

Germany
49 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2005 :  22:34:50  Show Profile  Visit O Love's Homepage Send O Love a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, the cat is out of the bag. I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I just found out that Keith Francis Strohm is going to be author of the last of The Fighters novels. Congratulations, Keith.

Amazon US: Baldesinger

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2005 :  23:27:57  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds interesting.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  01:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought Bladesinger was to be the third novel?

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  01:23:43  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

I thought Bladesinger was to be the third novel?

If one infers a triolgy, the thrid of a series would be considered the last of a series *wink*

WotC of course has had series that have been much longer then 3 books.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  01:38:29  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to my list (and, yes, I'm just anal enough to keep one!) the Fighter's Series has the following books:

Master of Chains by Jess LeBow
Ghostwalker by Erik Scott deBie
Bladesinger by Keith Francis Strohm
Son of Thunder by Murray Leeder

Edited by - Melfius on 01 Aug 2005 01:39:04
Go to Top of Page

wwwwwww
Learned Scribe

116 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  04:44:01  Show Profile  Visit wwwwwww's Homepage Send wwwwwww a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by O Love

Well, the cat is out of the bag. I don't know if it's common knowledge, but I just found out that Keith Francis Strohm is going to be author of the last of The Fighters novels. Congratulations, Keith.
I actually had that figured out long ago. Ever since Mr. Strohm came on this board asking what we wanted to see in the novel Bladesinger, it was pretty obvious. It's all right here: http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3517.

Edited by - wwwwwww on 01 Aug 2005 04:45:07
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  06:47:16  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To my understanding, the Fighters series is:

Master of Chains, Jess Lebow
Ghostwalker, Erik Scott de Bie (hmm. Sounds familiar)
Son of Thunder, Murray Leeder
Bladesinger, Keith Francis Strohm (cool!)

The reason the order might have confused some people (myself included) is that Bladesinger was originally scheduled to be first, and when scheduling / contracting bogged down a bit, the order was shuffled. So if it was confusing, don't worry -- I was as confused as you guys!

db

P.S. Yay Keith! Congrats.

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  11:48:37  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it me or was Keith trying to hint that he was the author of this novel when he first posted the novel discussion. I kinda forgot when but if you do a search you might find it. I was pretty sure that Keith was trying to hint about the author then. Keith has managed to captivate me by his short story in Realms of the Dragons and I'm not sure if I'll pick up this book, but I'll contemplate.
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  13:04:04  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

To my understanding, the Fighters series is:

Master of Chains, Jess Lebow
Ghostwalker, Erik Scott de Bie (hmm. Sounds familiar)
Son of Thunder, Murray Leeder
Bladesinger, Keith Francis Strohm (cool!)

The reason the order might have confused some people (myself included) is that Bladesinger was originally scheduled to be first, and when scheduling / contracting bogged down a bit, the order was shuffled. So if it was confusing, don't worry -- I was as confused as you guys!

db

P.S. Yay Keith! Congrats.

I ain't gonna argue with one o' the authors!

Go to Top of Page

O Love
Acolyte

Germany
49 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  19:20:33  Show Profile  Visit O Love's Homepage Send O Love a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, as Erik already stated, there was some shuffling around the novels. The release dates are as follows:

Master of Chains: September 2005
Ghostwalker: November 2005
Son of Thunder: January 2006
Bladesinger: April 2006
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  19:41:10  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, no sweat -- I could always be wrong, you know.
Fighters has been a bit confusing.

Any thoughts on that, by the way, Mr. Strohm? How did this process go for you, if you're at liberty to say?

Off topic: What I'm also looking forward to, almost as much as to the book (although can't be matched -- I LOVE Bladesingers), is to see what Raymond Swanland does with Son of Thunder and Bladesinger. 90% sure he's doing all the Fighters. The guy's got some serious skill.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  21:08:18  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Off topic: What I'm also looking forward to, almost as much as to the book (although can't be matched -- I LOVE Bladesingers), is to see what Raymond Swanland does with Son of Thunder and Bladesinger. 90% sure he's doing all the Fighters. The guy's got some serious skill.

I assume Raymond Swanland is the cover artist? (Somedays I'm a little slow! )

Edited by - Melfius on 02 Aug 2005 21:09:33
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2005 :  01:40:42  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I assume Raymond Swanland is the cover artist? (Somedays I'm a little slow! )

That would be a bull's eye. He's done Master of Chains and Ghostwalker -- both are on the wizards site -- as well as Viper's Kiss, in Smedman's series.

Like I said, serious talent.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2005 :  02:07:19  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I concur - SERIOUS talent.

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2005 :  05:08:31  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just think it was cool that the author came here and asked us what we were looking for in a Bladesinger novel. Shows respect, which is sorely needed sometimes (I think the Nobles series still haunts some of us). Now I just wish we'd said more.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2005 :  13:41:37  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last book... so wrong.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2005 :  17:32:19  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You guys might be surprised how much some authors read this site, or subtly inquire for things in their work, not just for Realmslore but to see what people want. Granted, Candlekeep's a relatively small sampling, but you never know when ideas inspire.

CHeers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2005 :  23:49:04  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Authors reading is cool, we need some decision makers reading to get them to let Elaine write more about Arilyn, Danilo, and Elaith!

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000