Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Weapon Proficiencies
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  19:00:29  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A few questions I have to ask about weapon proficiencies.
1)What is your favorite weapon?
2)What weapons do you have you chracters proficient in AD&D?
3)Which weapons suit which races best. Ex-Short swords and halflings or Dwarves and axes.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni

AraznBlair
Learned Scribe

USA
114 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  20:23:57  Show Profile  Visit AraznBlair's Homepage Send AraznBlair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fairly simple question.

1. Bastard Sword- it is light enough to use one handed for a person with normal strength but can still be use with two hands for those stiky situations

2. It depends on the race and class that I use. Of course as a wizard I would be proficient in a quarterstaff to begin with.

3. As for a racial weapon of course size has a lot to do with it. You won't see a halfling use a 2handed sword. The question, I think, should be which weapon is best suited for what class. Dwarven fighters more than likely will use an ax but so may a human fighter.

Arazn Blair
Fightermage Extrodinare
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  08:17:06  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Two-Handed Sword
2. 2HD sword, Long Sword, and Daggers
3. Elves-Long Swords
Dwarves-Axes or Hammers and crossbows
Humans-Pole Arms or any types of maces/flails/morning stars/hammers or Bastard Swords
Halflings-Short Swords and Slings
Gnomes-Picks or Short Swords
The Great Drizzt

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

sabre
Acolyte

Turkey
47 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  07:47:56  Show Profile Send sabre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1-Katana(if it is not against the scenario or campaign)Because i think it is a charismatic and powerful sword and also good-looking.
I don't know have you ever looked 3rd edition rokugan core rule book but there is a prestige class "Ýaijutsu master" and he uses katana with weapon finesse feat(you may use your dexterity modifier to add to attack rolls instead of strength modifiers) and it is the only class to use the katana with dexterity.This class use the technique
to draw the sword and strike in the same fluid motion and deals massive damage(from 100 HPs' to 200 HPs')with one strike.I played a iaijutsu master once and it was great.
2-Long sword and hand axe.But this question depends on the class i guess.Ýf i play a wizard i use a dagger or joo staff for example.
3-I guess Elves-long swords but again this situation depends on class.

sabre
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  19:07:13  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)Scythe

2)polearms and blunt

3)Racial Weapons (ex. orc-double axe)

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page