Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Weapon Proficiencies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Feanor_Karnil Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 19:00:29
A few questions I have to ask about weapon proficiencies.
1)What is your favorite weapon?
2)What weapons do you have you chracters proficient in AD&D?
3)Which weapons suit which races best. Ex-Short swords and halflings or Dwarves and axes.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Salius Kai Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 19:07:13
1)Scythe

2)polearms and blunt

3)Racial Weapons (ex. orc-double axe)
sabre Posted - 27 Jan 2003 : 07:47:56
1-Katana(if it is not against the scenario or campaign)Because i think it is a charismatic and powerful sword and also good-looking.
I don't know have you ever looked 3rd edition rokugan core rule book but there is a prestige class "Ýaijutsu master" and he uses katana with weapon finesse feat(you may use your dexterity modifier to add to attack rolls instead of strength modifiers) and it is the only class to use the katana with dexterity.This class use the technique
to draw the sword and strike in the same fluid motion and deals massive damage(from 100 HPs' to 200 HPs')with one strike.I played a iaijutsu master once and it was great.
2-Long sword and hand axe.But this question depends on the class i guess.Ýf i play a wizard i use a dagger or joo staff for example.
3-I guess Elves-long swords but again this situation depends on class.
The Great Drizzt Posted - 23 Jan 2003 : 08:17:06
1. Two-Handed Sword
2. 2HD sword, Long Sword, and Daggers
3. Elves-Long Swords
Dwarves-Axes or Hammers and crossbows
Humans-Pole Arms or any types of maces/flails/morning stars/hammers or Bastard Swords
Halflings-Short Swords and Slings
Gnomes-Picks or Short Swords
The Great Drizzt
AraznBlair Posted - 22 Jan 2003 : 20:23:57
Fairly simple question.

1. Bastard Sword- it is light enough to use one handed for a person with normal strength but can still be use with two hands for those stiky situations

2. It depends on the race and class that I use. Of course as a wizard I would be proficient in a quarterstaff to begin with.

3. As for a racial weapon of course size has a lot to do with it. You won't see a halfling use a 2handed sword. The question, I think, should be which weapon is best suited for what class. Dwarven fighters more than likely will use an ax but so may a human fighter.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000