Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Updated Release Schedule for 2005
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2005 :  17:33:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy
I'm not sure but when I saw the title I did think it sounded like your sort of thing.

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2005 :  19:36:00  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rani and the Fashion Divas:Star Sisterz????..C'mon kids..This sounds like a little teeny bopper movie for Helms sake..Sorry just finished Viper's Kiss.What is this stuff?i like the looks of July for readers out there.The Exiled Elves would appear to be DL...Since it seems that what is mostly written there pertains to post War of the Souls..All except for the rereleases of their older novles.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2005 :  03:51:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All these great new books to check out and so little time. It's just not fair.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2005 :  04:00:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Rani and the Fashion Divas:Star Sisterz????..C'mon kids..This sounds like a little teeny bopper movie for Helms sake.

Yep, can't wait to see what Prestige Classes come out of that novel.

"Ten Reasons Players should purchase Champions of Valor"

10. The tome contains the "Go Girlfriend" Prestige Class first seen in Rani and the Fashion Divas.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2005 :  05:34:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Rani and the Fashion Divas:Star Sisterz????..C'mon kids..This sounds like a little teeny bopper movie for Helms sake.

Yep, can't wait to see what Prestige Classes come out of that novel.

"Ten Reasons Players should purchase Champions of Valor"

10. The tome contains the "Go Girlfriend" Prestige Class first seen in Rani and the Fashion Divas.

Don't forget the new feats! Shop Til You Drop could be used in larger cities in the Realms, and Chat For Hours With Someone You See Everyday, while usuable only by teenage girls, is something that could add flavor to an NPC.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

wwwwwww
Learned Scribe

116 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  19:20:04  Show Profile  Visit wwwwwww's Homepage Send wwwwwww a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

*grumbles*

WTF happened to the Bladesinger novel!

It's probably been moved to the back of the Fighters Series. I think Keith Strohm (who stepped in after WoTC had trouble finding an author for the book) just started it this Jan., so there really isn't time for him to finish it, get it edited, and run through the presses before the end of the year. I'll bet anything that's it's now Fighters #4, and we'll see it sometime mid-06.

Something similar happened with Queen of the Depths, which (sadly) Voronica Whitney-Robinson had to back out of in the last minute, and Richard Lee Byers stepped in to whip something up. The date was moved several months back on that book.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  19:39:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wwwwwww
It's probably been moved to the back of the Fighters Series. I think Keith Strohm (who stepped in after WoTC had trouble finding an author for the book)

Where have I heard that author's name before?
Go to Top of Page

wwwwwww
Learned Scribe

116 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  21:43:02  Show Profile  Visit wwwwwww's Homepage Send wwwwwww a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
It's probably been moved to the back of the Fighters Series. I think Keith Strohm (who stepped in after WoTC had trouble finding an author for the book)

Where have I heard that author's name before?

He wrote "Tomb Of Horrors" for the brief Greyhawk line. If you haven't read that book, I recommend it.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  21:58:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
He wrote "Tomb Of Horrors" for the brief Greyhawk line. If you haven't read that book, I recommend it.

Thanks for the information and recommendation. However, I doubt I'll read the novel. I tried the Greyhawk line once and didn't enjoy the experience. Thus, when it comes to going outside FR but staying in the WOTC family(I know, perish the thought), Dragonlance has been my only pleasant experience.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  23:01:04  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keith co-wrote Cormanthyr and other game products.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  23:31:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

--Eric

Which Cormanthyr product?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  23:48:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

--Eric

Which Cormanthyr product?

The Cormanthyr product. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

wwwwwww
Learned Scribe

116 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  02:31:36  Show Profile  Visit wwwwwww's Homepage Send wwwwwww a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks for the information and recommendation. However, I doubt I'll read the novel. I tried the Greyhawk line once and didn't enjoy the experience. Thus, when it comes to going outside FR but staying in the WOTC family(I know, perish the thought), Dragonlance has been my only pleasant experience.

Well, not to try and over-influence you, but I really felt that Tomb of Horrors was by far the best of the Greyhawk novels. Strohm did a fantastic job with it (captured all the great aspects of AD&D without making it feel like you were reading a module) and I really felt it should have gotten more recognition. If Bladesinger is on par, we are in for a real treat.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  02:46:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves? I can't find a Keith Strohm listed anywhere in the product.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  02:47:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
If Bladesinger is on par, we are in for a real treat.

Good to hear. I look forward to learning the details on his Bladesinger novel.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  02:59:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Cormanthyr: Empire of Elves? I can't find a Keith Strohm listed anywhere in the product.

You'r right. I think Eric is remembering somone else then....

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  03:09:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
You'r right. I think Eric is remembering somone else then....

When am I wrong?

Unless Strohm uses a pseudonym
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  03:29:15  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.pen-paper.net/rpgdb.php?op=showcreator&creatorid=390

Looks like he worked more on Planescape than the FR(Although he did work the FRC, Sea of Fallen Stars and lands of Intrigue)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  03:47:58  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Looks like he worked more on Planescape than the FR(Although he did work the FRC, Sea of Fallen Stars and lands of Intrigue)

Quite a body of work. Thanks for the link.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  03:58:35  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Well, I've worked with Keith and he's a helluva guy, but he's had little to work on in terms of FR. He's noted in SOFS because I partially cribbed the rules work he did on OF SHIPS AND THE SEA. He's noted/linked to LANDS OF INTRIGUE, but only in the sense that he's thanked for allowing me to name a whole dynasty after him--the Strohms that felled the Shoon. As the FRC happened after I'd left WotC, I'm not sure what he did therein, but he's one of the most level-headed and capable people I've ever met. Before I left WotC, he'd joined the brand management team. And he's in charge of Paizo now, if I'm not totally off base.

But he didn't work on CORMANTHYR; Eric's new baby boy must be making him too tired. Kevin Melka worked on that with me.

Last I recall seeing some fiction of Keith's, it was in REALMS OF THE DEEP along with my first published short story. I'm sure he's had other stuff since then, but I've not read it.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  14:08:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed Keith's short story in Realms of the Dragon so I'll be looking forward to this.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2005 :  18:55:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I enjoyed Keith's short story in Realms of the Dragon so I'll be looking forward to this.

-- George Krashos

That's right, "Penitential Rites." That story actually wasn't one of my favorites in the anthology. Still, I am looking forward to see how he approaches bringing an elven bladesinger alive for Realms readers.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  06:29:03  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those interested in Lords of Madness, WOTC has a new feature spotlighting this product.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  12:27:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

For those interested in Lords of Madness, WOTC has a new feature spotlighting this product.

They do make it sound more interesting. I'll definitely look for this one on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  15:33:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

They do make it sound more interesting. I'll definitely look for this one on eBay.

It is good to see some focus on the neogi as well.

I just hope that this tome expands upon, rather than re-hashs, the racial details for the illithids and beholders, that has come before it.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  16:22:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Be sure to share your thoughts on the tome. A chapter on mind flayers is interesting. But, not enough to get me to fork over $$$.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  18:23:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll pick it up now just because a lot of those races are in Spelljammer. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  18:27:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:

It is good to see some focus on the neogi as well.

I just hope that this tome expands upon, rather than re-hashs, the racial details for the illithids and beholders, that has come before it.

Well, I've never acquired the tomes covering illithids and beholders. I wasn't interested enough to set money aside for them.

I'm curious to see what they do to the neogi. But I'm also expecting those annoying little buggers to not have their mindspiders and deathspiders handy, which is a disappointment.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  18:29:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's part of my motivation, as well, though I fully expect a total absence of Spelljammer references. That's part of the reason I'm not eager to rush out and spend the cover price for it.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2005 :  22:19:26  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

That's part of my motivation, as well, though I fully expect a total absence of Spelljammer references. That's part of the reason I'm not eager to rush out and spend the cover price for it.

True but I'll just fit the info from that book into my Spelljammer material. :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000