Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Becoming a Lich
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  05:37:36  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
i do believe i have asked this be4 but since i cant find the particular scroll which i scribbled the lore gained from the tomes herin and with the fresh blood strolling the halls or just 2 get more up 2 date opinions, i shall ask again. what r the steps/procedures necissary 2 become a lich? i have read lore from various tomes such as the Slayers Guide to Undead (best and most enjoyable thing ive ever read btw) some texts read that Larvae is a required component and i kno creating a phylactery is a must. i have read sources such as these: http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/articles/new/GMs/Resources/lich.html and http://www.realmsofevil.net/bbol/ but idk how reliable either of those really are. also i want a more detailed step by step process of what these rituals r. on the 1st site, it says the 2nd ritual that must be preformed will bind it(the lich) and his forces to the phylactery. ok thats all fine and good, but what is the ritual? what is done? any knowledge on this topic would be very useful. as some of the scribes that knew me previously in these halls...i am extremely fascinated by lichdom

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Whenever magic one doth weave, 'tis never ever wise to deceive - Elminster

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  06:04:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I know I've asked this before, but do you really have to type like that? My brain hurts when I try to figure it out. Surely it can't be that hard to type Standard English.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  06:18:17  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't Monsters of Faerun talk about how to become a lich?

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  06:19:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The old Lords of Darkness explains the ritual for FR. Van Richten's Guide to the Lich does the same for Ravenloft......

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  08:37:49  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want to most up-to-date info check out Monster Manual v3.5 p.166. (though it does not describe the rituals like previous editions)

Monsters of Faerun has examples of Liches for the Realms but does not describe how to create a Lich like MM does.

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU

Edited by - Wood Elf Ranger on 05 Nov 2004 08:39:46
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  08:48:56  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

And I know I've asked this before, but do you really have to type like that? My brain hurts when I try to figure it out. Surely it can't be that hard to type Standard English.

I'm glad it isn't just me.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  13:16:50  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Capn Charlie

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I'm glad it isn't just me.

Thirded.
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  21:27:51  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*sigh* its just natural for me to type like that...its much faster, but 2 benefit you, i shall try to type correctly. thank you to those that assisted in my question *bows*

Death strips away the masks men don to hide their true nature - The Slayer's Guide to Undead

The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos shall be sown from their passage - So Sayeth the Wise Alaundo

Strength and power come from knowing and controlling what others do not, but never reveal all that you know - Vecna

I have been known to cast a blue mage spell now and again - Dracandos the Spellsage
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2004 :  21:41:46  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

The old Lords of Darkness explains the ritual for FR. Van Richten's Guide to the Lich does the same for Ravenloft......

ah yes! after searching through my own personal library of tomes i found that i have each of the tomes you listed. and yes, the Lords of Darkness is exactly what i seek! many thanks kuje, many thanks! *bows low*

Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  08:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try "Beyond the Grave" from Moongoose Publishing. Great source book for all things necromantic.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Dracandos the Spellsage
Senior Scribe

466 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2004 :  22:19:23  Show Profile  Visit Dracandos the Spellsage's Homepage Send Dracandos the Spellsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aye, that has a vast amount of necromantic lore in it as well, thank you scribe

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000