Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Becoming a Lich

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 05:37:36
i do believe i have asked this be4 but since i cant find the particular scroll which i scribbled the lore gained from the tomes herin and with the fresh blood strolling the halls or just 2 get more up 2 date opinions, i shall ask again. what r the steps/procedures necissary 2 become a lich? i have read lore from various tomes such as the Slayers Guide to Undead (best and most enjoyable thing ive ever read btw) some texts read that Larvae is a required component and i kno creating a phylactery is a must. i have read sources such as these: http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/articles/new/GMs/Resources/lich.html and http://www.realmsofevil.net/bbol/ but idk how reliable either of those really are. also i want a more detailed step by step process of what these rituals r. on the 1st site, it says the 2nd ritual that must be preformed will bind it(the lich) and his forces to the phylactery. ok thats all fine and good, but what is the ritual? what is done? any knowledge on this topic would be very useful. as some of the scribes that knew me previously in these halls...i am extremely fascinated by lichdom
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 10 Nov 2004 : 22:19:23
aye, that has a vast amount of necromantic lore in it as well, thank you scribe
Darkheyr Posted - 10 Nov 2004 : 08:21:46
Try "Beyond the Grave" from Moongoose Publishing. Great source book for all things necromantic.
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 21:41:46
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

The old Lords of Darkness explains the ritual for FR. Van Richten's Guide to the Lich does the same for Ravenloft......

ah yes! after searching through my own personal library of tomes i found that i have each of the tomes you listed. and yes, the Lords of Darkness is exactly what i seek! many thanks kuje, many thanks! *bows low*
Dracandos the Spellsage Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 21:27:51
*sigh* its just natural for me to type like that...its much faster, but 2 benefit you, i shall try to type correctly. thank you to those that assisted in my question *bows*
Winterfox Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 13:16:50
quote:
Originally posted by Capn Charlie

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

And I know I've asked this before, but do you really have to type like that? My brain hurts when I try to figure it out. Surely it can't be that hard to type Standard English.

I'm glad it isn't just me.

Thirded.
Capn Charlie Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 08:48:56
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

And I know I've asked this before, but do you really have to type like that? My brain hurts when I try to figure it out. Surely it can't be that hard to type Standard English.

I'm glad it isn't just me.
Wood Elf Ranger Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 08:37:49
If you want to most up-to-date info check out Monster Manual v3.5 p.166. (though it does not describe the rituals like previous editions)

Monsters of Faerun has examples of Liches for the Realms but does not describe how to create a Lich like MM does.
Kuje Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 06:19:32
The old Lords of Darkness explains the ritual for FR. Van Richten's Guide to the Lich does the same for Ravenloft......
DDH_101 Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 06:18:17
Doesn't Monsters of Faerun talk about how to become a lich?
Bookwyrm Posted - 05 Nov 2004 : 06:04:37

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000