Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lord of the Rings: THE TWO TOWERS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2002 :  12:04:32  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw it yesterday eve... my... that film is just awesome...

*Ditalidas is still really impressed

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2002 :  19:53:11  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<looks equally impressed as lady Jalarghar>

WOW!! ... ehm...

<searching for words>

"precious"

A great movie, can't wait for the return of the King and then to by the complete box on DVD and watch them back-to-back...
Go to Top of Page

Frey
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2002 :  09:07:55  Show Profile  Visit Frey's Homepage Send Frey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I saw the Two Towers. And ... gee! It is good!!

It's not as close to the book as part one is, and at first I thought it to be a pity, ... but the real benifit is that this film could surprise me a few times!

I've decided to buy the DVD of 'the fellowship' (which I did since), buy a second copy of the book (sewed edition) and the DVD of 'the Two Towers' when that is available.

... And eventually I will buy me a DVD-player as well.

- Imagine ... there's no imagination. -

(remember Frey is just a PC)
Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2003 :  00:32:35  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the Midnight show on the 18th, and I loved it!
Go to Top of Page

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2003 :  17:14:03  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frey

I've decided to buy the DVD of 'the fellowship' (which I did since), buy a second copy of the book (sewed edition) and the DVD of 'the Two Towers' when that is available.

... And eventually I will buy me a DVD-player as well.

A little late perhaps but if you haven't bought the DVD yet, make sure you buy the four disk version. The extra footage makes it even more enjoyable.

If you don't have a DVD player to play it on - BUY ONE (sorry for shouting).

Edited by - kahonen on 07 Jan 2003 17:16:54
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  11:16:08  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So what new part did you think was the best and did most for the movie. I would say it's the elven company. Looks swish swish.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

vlad tepes
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  15:03:46  Show Profile  Visit vlad tepes's Homepage Send vlad tepes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Screw the four disc set get the FIVE disc set with the book ends it has the four discs and an extra one. and the book ends are the statues that where on the river.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  19:10:29  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candle Keep, Vlad. I would be prompted to agree with you, but I can't quite figure out what it is you said?

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

vlad tepes
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  19:16:06  Show Profile  Visit vlad tepes's Homepage Send vlad tepes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ask me about it later Salius and i will explain it
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  19:58:32  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that you have explained it to me, I'm forced to agree with you. The five disk set would be better, just because of the book end though, the rest is crap.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000