Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Is there a Forgotten Realms community?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azeroth
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2002 :  07:22:25  Show Profile  Visit Azeroth's Homepage Send Azeroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there like an internet based game of Forgotten Realms going all around the world?if so how do you get in on it? My only access to forgotten Realms thus far has been with the Baldur's Gate computer Games, and i'd love to be more involved

Oh what madness this mustt be,
Am I the only one who can clearly see
The true and utter beauty of the insanity
In which the world is ruled by the dominant race called humanity

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2002 :  07:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Neverwinter Nights computer game has a huge community, as well as being a fantastic game! Im not sure of the server locations but im sure someone can help.

Rad

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2002 :  22:04:22  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Azeroth, what forgotten realms PC Games do you have/play? What is your favourite?

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Azeroth
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2002 :  04:55:40  Show Profile  Visit Azeroth's Homepage Send Azeroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I play BG II both SoA and ToB. I'm aware that there's an internet gameplay feature, although among the many things i do not know about it is how to use it. If you cannot already tel, I am computer illiterate.

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2002 :  20:56:00  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had trouble getting BG II multiplayer games started but I fing singlepalyer games just as satisfactory, how aout you?

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2002 :  20:59:06  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had trouble getting BG II multiplayer games started but I fing singlepalyer games just as satisfactory, how aout you?

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

Azeroth
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2002 :  21:20:29  Show Profile  Visit Azeroth's Homepage Send Azeroth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i deffinitely enjoy the single player game, but after beating it a few times, it leaves one wanting more.

Go to Top of Page

ArcticKnight
Learned Scribe

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2002 :  21:41:35  Show Profile  Visit ArcticKnight's Homepage Send ArcticKnight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for some reason, BG1 and BG 2 were difficult to play through...i got bored and sometimes didnt play it for a long time...i dont really like Video games anyway..so i am really fickle when it comes to games...i think it was the fact that you could wonder amlessly forever getting lost or not even knowing what to do...

i realize i could have easily figured it out but i lost interest...

Icewind Dale on the other hand, i enjoyed alot...i played right through that, no problem..i have no idea y that one was different.

Go to Top of Page

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2002 :  15:56:23  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
year with BG1 I wondered about amlessly, but then I got IWD and I worked out how to fight and stuff like that I do prefere the games with OCQs.

BG1.
Go to Top of Page

DragonTouched
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  21:24:39  Show Profile  Visit DragonTouched's Homepage Send DragonTouched a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're looking for a solid PC RPG, I'd recommend Arcanum. It may lack a little panache that some of the newer 3D games have, but it is unparalleled (in my experience) in how non-linear it is. Character design and leveling up is also a pleasure. I also find the character interactions to be of very high quality. Maybe Morrow Wind Elder Scrolls III is better, but I haven't played it.
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  00:46:49  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

The Neverwinter Nights computer game has a huge community, as well as being a fantastic game! Im not sure of the server locations but im sure someone can help.

Rad

Aye, just load up the game and choose the multiplayer option to go online. It will automatically connect you to the game servers and give you a full list of all the games that are going on, and take it from me I have been in a few, there are hundreds. It is quite interesting to meet PC gamers and D&D fans alike in those games.

And "It is a Damn fine game"

Strahd Von Zarovich
www.strahds-library.co.uk

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  08:14:54  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the other alternative, which is really cool i might add, is hook up with someone/or a few, and play BG1 BG2 IWD IWD2 BG2 on the modem selection,thats what me and my friends do,and its way better, and hey their your friends!
The Great Drizzt

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2002 :  14:28:38  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azeroth

Is there like an internet based game of Forgotten Realms going all around the world?if so how do you get in on it? My only access to forgotten Realms thus far has been with the Baldur's Gate computer Games, and i'd love to be more involved

Aside from the computer games mentioned, there's also the option of Play by e-Mail (PbeM). Like so many things it's not everyone's cup-a-tea, but there are quite a few games going that I'm aware of, and probably more that I'm not. (I run my own and play in 3 other games.)

For those who don't have the time to sit for hours behind a pc or a gaming table due to various constraints, PbeM is a very good way to play the game. Especially for those who prefer roleplay over combat.

a FR (PbeM) DM
Go to Top of Page

DragonTouched
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2002 :  19:20:18  Show Profile  Visit DragonTouched's Homepage Send DragonTouched a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mumadar, could you give a brief rundown of how an actual PbeM game looks and plays like? It sounds like a good idea, but I'd like to know more.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2002 :  19:47:43  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto! Mumadar, please start a new topic detailing how PbeM works (hows that for the perfect plug for you ). Ive often wondered. Do you send out scenarios\scenes and list all the characters who are there at the time, then the "email recipient" replies with his actions....which are then emailed out to all the others?!? It must be quite hard to keep track of.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2002 :  09:25:28  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I might like to try that.
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2002 :  09:29:55  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have explained a little more on Play by e-Mail in the Running the Realms section of this forum:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=106
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2002 :  09:34:55  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks.
The Great Drizzt

Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  23:18:37  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know exactly what you mean. For some reason, I played through Icewind Dale really quickly, but I've had Baldur's Gate for several years and I still haven't beaten it. I don't know why they are different either. Maybe it's because in Icewind Dale, Arundel kind of leads you through it, unlike Baldur's Gate.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  23:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with you. I've never figured out how to use the multiplayer game on the internet, but I found the singleplayer game satisfying nonetheless.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2002 :  23:25:12  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Drizzt

the other alternative, which is really cool i might add, is hook up with someone/or a few, and play BG1 BG2 IWD IWD2 BG2 on the modem selection,thats what me and my friends do,and its way better, and hey their your friends!
The Great Drizzt

I'd like to do that too if I could ever figure out how to do that. By the way, is there a service fee for playing Baldur's Gate ont the internet?
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2002 :  14:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there no Mud's that play in Forgotten realms? I know Mud's are only tekst based, but that has a complete charm of it's own.
I used to play them often in the 'old' days

Just might be an idea.

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2003 :  07:11:49  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know there is a Waterdeep mud somewhere.... go to yahoo and search on Waterdeep mud and it should come up.

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Bragi
Seeker

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  05:36:47  Show Profile  Visit Bragi's Homepage Send Bragi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you want to play Forgottten Realms online check out The Living Web. It uses a program with dice, maps, character sheets, etc.

In Pursuit of Better Worlds,
Bragi of Erin

Edited by - Bragi on 08 Jan 2003 05:39:05
Go to Top of Page

Feanor_Karnil
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  23:34:13  Show Profile  Visit Feanor_Karnil's Homepage Send Feanor_Karnil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Icewind Dale II would be one of the best FR games, I think it's better than BGII. The scenery and music makes it very awesome and the gameplay is better. I have yet to try out the multiplayer mode though.

We live in a bleak world my friend, where heroes are few and shadows stalk us around every corner.
-Mikai Daerni
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2003 :  23:48:12  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thsi is about the most FR related community I've managed to find so far. I have seen a few mud's out there FR related, but none of them looked very interesting.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000