Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Is there a Forgotten Realms community?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Azeroth Posted - 27 Aug 2002 : 07:22:25
Is there like an internet based game of Forgotten Realms going all around the world?if so how do you get in on it? My only access to forgotten Realms thus far has been with the Baldur's Gate computer Games, and i'd love to be more involved

Oh what madness this mustt be,
Am I the only one who can clearly see
The true and utter beauty of the insanity
In which the world is ruled by the dominant race called humanity
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Salius Kai Posted - 08 Jan 2003 : 23:48:12
Thsi is about the most FR related community I've managed to find so far. I have seen a few mud's out there FR related, but none of them looked very interesting.
Feanor_Karnil Posted - 08 Jan 2003 : 23:34:13
Icewind Dale II would be one of the best FR games, I think it's better than BGII. The scenery and music makes it very awesome and the gameplay is better. I have yet to try out the multiplayer mode though.
Bragi Posted - 08 Jan 2003 : 05:36:47
If you want to play Forgottten Realms online check out The Living Web. It uses a program with dice, maps, character sheets, etc.
Artalis Posted - 05 Jan 2003 : 07:11:49
I know there is a Waterdeep mud somewhere.... go to yahoo and search on Waterdeep mud and it should come up.
Ditalidas Posted - 11 Oct 2002 : 14:30:58
Are there no Mud's that play in Forgotten realms? I know Mud's are only tekst based, but that has a complete charm of it's own.
I used to play them often in the 'old' days

Just might be an idea.

Drummer Boy Posted - 10 Oct 2002 : 23:25:12
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Drizzt

the other alternative, which is really cool i might add, is hook up with someone/or a few, and play BG1 BG2 IWD IWD2 BG2 on the modem selection,thats what me and my friends do,and its way better, and hey their your friends!
The Great Drizzt

I'd like to do that too if I could ever figure out how to do that. By the way, is there a service fee for playing Baldur's Gate ont the internet?
Drummer Boy Posted - 10 Oct 2002 : 23:20:48
I agree with you. I've never figured out how to use the multiplayer game on the internet, but I found the singleplayer game satisfying nonetheless.
Drummer Boy Posted - 10 Oct 2002 : 23:18:37
I know exactly what you mean. For some reason, I played through Icewind Dale really quickly, but I've had Baldur's Gate for several years and I still haven't beaten it. I don't know why they are different either. Maybe it's because in Icewind Dale, Arundel kind of leads you through it, unlike Baldur's Gate.
The Great Drizzt Posted - 01 Oct 2002 : 09:34:55
Cool, thanks.
The Great Drizzt
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 01 Oct 2002 : 09:29:55
I have explained a little more on Play by e-Mail in the Running the Realms section of this forum:

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=106
The Great Drizzt Posted - 01 Oct 2002 : 09:25:28
Yeah, I might like to try that.
The Great Drizzt
Lord Rad Posted - 27 Sep 2002 : 19:47:43
Ditto! Mumadar, please start a new topic detailing how PbeM works (hows that for the perfect plug for you ). Ive often wondered. Do you send out scenarios\scenes and list all the characters who are there at the time, then the "email recipient" replies with his actions....which are then emailed out to all the others?!? It must be quite hard to keep track of.
DragonTouched Posted - 27 Sep 2002 : 19:20:18
Mumadar, could you give a brief rundown of how an actual PbeM game looks and plays like? It sounds like a good idea, but I'd like to know more.
Mumadar Ibn Huzal Posted - 27 Sep 2002 : 14:28:38
quote:
Originally posted by Azeroth

Is there like an internet based game of Forgotten Realms going all around the world?if so how do you get in on it? My only access to forgotten Realms thus far has been with the Baldur's Gate computer Games, and i'd love to be more involved

Aside from the computer games mentioned, there's also the option of Play by e-Mail (PbeM). Like so many things it's not everyone's cup-a-tea, but there are quite a few games going that I'm aware of, and probably more that I'm not. (I run my own and play in 3 other games.)

For those who don't have the time to sit for hours behind a pc or a gaming table due to various constraints, PbeM is a very good way to play the game. Especially for those who prefer roleplay over combat.

a FR (PbeM) DM
The Great Drizzt Posted - 25 Sep 2002 : 08:14:54
the other alternative, which is really cool i might add, is hook up with someone/or a few, and play BG1 BG2 IWD IWD2 BG2 on the modem selection,thats what me and my friends do,and its way better, and hey their your friends!
The Great Drizzt
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 25 Sep 2002 : 00:46:49
quote:
Originally posted by Rad

The Neverwinter Nights computer game has a huge community, as well as being a fantastic game! Im not sure of the server locations but im sure someone can help.

Rad

Aye, just load up the game and choose the multiplayer option to go online. It will automatically connect you to the game servers and give you a full list of all the games that are going on, and take it from me I have been in a few, there are hundreds. It is quite interesting to meet PC gamers and D&D fans alike in those games.

And "It is a Damn fine game"

Strahd Von Zarovich
www.strahds-library.co.uk
DragonTouched Posted - 24 Sep 2002 : 21:24:39
If you're looking for a solid PC RPG, I'd recommend Arcanum. It may lack a little panache that some of the newer 3D games have, but it is unparalleled (in my experience) in how non-linear it is. Character design and leveling up is also a pleasure. I also find the character interactions to be of very high quality. Maybe Morrow Wind Elder Scrolls III is better, but I haven't played it.
king-tiax Posted - 04 Sep 2002 : 15:56:23
year with BG1 I wondered about amlessly, but then I got IWD and I worked out how to fight and stuff like that I do prefere the games with OCQs.

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
ArcticKnight Posted - 28 Aug 2002 : 21:41:35
for some reason, BG1 and BG 2 were difficult to play through...i got bored and sometimes didnt play it for a long time...i dont really like Video games anyway..so i am really fickle when it comes to games...i think it was the fact that you could wonder amlessly forever getting lost or not even knowing what to do...

i realize i could have easily figured it out but i lost interest...

Icewind Dale on the other hand, i enjoyed alot...i played right through that, no problem..i have no idea y that one was different.

Azeroth Posted - 28 Aug 2002 : 21:20:29
i deffinitely enjoy the single player game, but after beating it a few times, it leaves one wanting more.

king-tiax Posted - 28 Aug 2002 : 20:59:06
I've had trouble getting BG II multiplayer games started but I fing singlepalyer games just as satisfactory, how aout you?

Daveron: My name is Daveron, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

BG1.
king-tiax Posted - 28 Aug 2002 : 20:56:00
I've had trouble getting BG II multiplayer games started but I fing singlepalyer games just as satisfactory, how aout you?

BG1.
Azeroth Posted - 28 Aug 2002 : 04:55:40
I play BG II both SoA and ToB. I'm aware that there's an internet gameplay feature, although among the many things i do not know about it is how to use it. If you cannot already tel, I am computer illiterate.

king-tiax Posted - 27 Aug 2002 : 22:04:22
Azeroth, what forgotten realms PC Games do you have/play? What is your favourite?

BG1.
Lord Rad Posted - 27 Aug 2002 : 07:59:37
The Neverwinter Nights computer game has a huge community, as well as being a fantastic game! Im not sure of the server locations but im sure someone can help.

Rad

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000