Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cyrinishad
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alathayn
Acolyte

Germany
14 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2004 :  22:29:00  Show Profile  Visit Alathayn's Homepage Send Alathayn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've posted this question on the officiall wizards board as well, so those of you that visit both boards, don't be confused. It's just that I'm really after this infos. If this isn't the right Forum (wasn't exactly shure), sorry.

I master a campaign playing in the Silvermarches, build up around the plan of the Church of Cyric to throw the Silvermarches into discort and then anarchie. Now the problem I have is that I and the Cyricists will sooner or later have to get Alustriel removed, in order to get things really moving. But the Cyricists are by far not powerfull enough to take on Aluestiel in a fight, so they have to trick her someway, to have her at least temorally removed. I thought that it would be great if they could trick her into reading the Cyrinishad. Of course Mystra and her choosen would find a way to cure her, probably through the book "The True Life of Cyric", but she would be taken out for some time (espacially if they then, when she's crazy and all, imprison her in the abyss or the supreme throne). However, I would have to know what happened to the two books after Cyric read both of them.

Ps.: How is Cyrinishad pronounced? Cyrini-shad or Cyrins-had?

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  01:00:11  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I think your question is about the location of the two books, right?

The Cyrinishad is still stuck in this pit of like acid and other corrosive liquid in Candlekeep and it's guarded by monks and priests of Oghma. As for the True Life of Cyric, it's in possession of Cyric at his palace in Pandomonieum now since if you have read Crucible: The Trials of Cyric, it was used to cure Cyric of his madness.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Alathayn
Acolyte

Germany
14 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  20:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Alathayn's Homepage Send Alathayn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yea, thanks, that's exactly the info I was looking for. Should have asked the question clearer I think. Sorry about that.
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  04:30:46  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the cyrinishad described in any sources or just novels? if so which ones?

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  04:33:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Ruins of Zhentil Keep box set, if I recall right. :)

As usual, paizo and rpgnow.com should have it as a 5 dollar pdf. Nobleknight.com or dragonstrove for hard copies.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  05:42:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep... Ruins of Zhentil Keep.

'Tis also noted and briefly described in Rinda's entry for the Heroes' Lorebook.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  12:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ruins of Zhentil Keep... *cries* I want them to UPDATE all these sourcebooks!!!

Alathayn, PM me and I might provide you with some more info, in German...

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  16:43:51  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh actually while looking at the Thoraskil Seat (sp?0 i found teh Cyrinishad fully described in Volo's guide to all things magical which is available on the wizards free downlaod page... sry guys no pg number or link, im too lazy.

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2006 :  17:05:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

oh actually while looking at the Thoraskil Seat (sp?0 i found teh Cyrinishad fully described in Volo's guide to all things magical which is available on the wizards free downlaod page... sry guys no pg number or link, im too lazy.

Here's the link: Wizards downloads page

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000