Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Freezing Weapon Enchantment
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  00:35:01  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I read this online somewhere recently. I don't know if it was homebrew, wiki, srd, third party or even edition. On a critical it did something like target is frozen, slowed, paralyzed for x ammount of rounds and may have left them flat-footed and more vulnerable to bludgeoning dmg. Anybody familiar with this?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  01:28:39  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only heard of it in Neverwinter Online

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  02:06:38  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did it mayhaps make it into the Neverwinter sourcebook?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 17 Apr 2016 02:07:03
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  02:47:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one sounds similar... It's from page 187 of Deep Magic by Kobold Press.

quote:
ICE ARROW
School evocation [cold]; Level elven archer 4, sorcerer/wizard 5
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (a small crystal or glass arrow)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target up to four creatures, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. apart
Duration instantaneous; 1 round/level (see text)
Saving Throw none; SR yes

An arrow of pure ice launches from your fingertip. Upon a successful ranged touch attack the arrow erupts, enveloping the target in a blast that deals 5d6 hp cold damage.

Furthermore, creatures up to Large size that are struck by the arrow are encased in a block of ice for 1 round/level. Each round, the subject may use a full-round action to attempt a Strength check against the spell’s DC to break free of the ice. Encased creatures cannot take any actions other than breaking free, and the encasing ice provides DR 10/—. Any melee attack or spell that damages the creature shatters the ice block, freeing it. Additionally, creatures that are not threatened may, as a full-round action, attempt a Strength check against this spell’s DC to break the ice and free the target.

For every five caster levels beyond 5th, you gain an additional ice arrow (two at 10th level, three at 15th level, and the maximum of four at 20th). You may target the same creature with more than one arrow, but once a creature is successfully struck and encased in ice, any additional arrows targeting it are wasted.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  08:35:52  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, Deep Magic. I still don't know why evulsion doesn't have a school in its actual entry, or why the summary has it as an evocation spell when it's blatantly necromancy.

Also, the Mythic Spell Compendium by LGG has updated Deep Magic with mythic versions of its spells.

Edited by - LordofBones on 17 Apr 2016 08:37:03
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2016 :  09:51:37  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Did it mayhaps make it into the Neverwinter sourcebook?

its not there. the elemental chaos book would be the next 4e book to look into, the 3e book would be that frost one

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000