Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Game Supplement Appeal
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2016 :  02:11:58  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am curious as to what would grab your attention when look at a game setting supplement at the store? Was it the synopsis on the rear cover, or if unbound was there something internally that would stand out?

For me it was always the NPC section. I would go there first and skim the NPC's. If they were interesting then I knew I wanted to learn more and play in a place populated by those interesting people.

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2016 :  03:44:44  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Chainmail bikini, of course!

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Clegane
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2016 :  03:47:48  Show Profile Send Clegane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL, thats good!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2016 :  03:57:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The front cover has to catch my attention -- either with the setting, the title, or the artwork. Preferably, all three. Once my attention is grabbed, the back cover blurb has to sell it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2016 :  00:03:59  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is probably a given, but if Ed Greenwood is the author, yea, I'm likely to get it!

- Ryan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000