Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Syrovi
Acolyte

South Africa
0 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2005 :  15:28:10  Show Profile  Visit Syrovi's Homepage Send Syrovi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi

I found this site while trying to find specific info on certain Realms locations, people and items. And seeing as I am starting my 1st campaign for my group in Faerun, I thought I struck gold.

I am quite happy to find a place where i can ask questions and have them answered by the 'experts'

So, thanks for this, and i hope to post a couple of nagging questions here too...

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2005 :  17:05:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

orlok
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2005 :  05:43:21  Show Profile  Visit orlok's Homepage Send orlok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all!!

John
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2005 :  07:01:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Orlok and welcome to Candlekeep .

Please, enjoy your stay in the library.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

dylan de Vere
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2005 :  18:17:53  Show Profile  Visit dylan de Vere's Homepage Send dylan de Vere a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met ye lads an' lasses of the realms......

Haven't been in these lands of the Realms for nearly twenty years....but the wanderlust got the better of me and I have ended up here. Looking for adventure, maidens to recue, maidens to woo, villians to waste blah blah blah.......

I'll sit here quietly in this corner with my flaggon of meade until a likely crew turn up.
Go to Top of Page

cudi
Acolyte

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2005 :  00:48:07  Show Profile Send cudi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Walks with many scrolls in his hands and waves* This place is amazing! Hail!

------

Go to Top of Page

Wolf of the Dark
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  05:30:45  Show Profile  Visit Wolf of the Dark's Homepage Send Wolf of the Dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello the camp! The light of your fire looks welcoming. May I join you and enjoy the company of all along our path through the darkness?

15 years of DnD, but only a few weeks in the Realms....
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  05:46:16  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Cudi and Wolf, welcome to the halls.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  17:27:02  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Wolf of the Dark

Certainly, feel free to join us. For 'tis herein where the lore of the Realms is shared and learnt.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  21:39:40  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello foolish mortal humans! Im new to the sight and I just wanted to stop by and say hi to the foolish mortal humans!

Endure, in enduring we grow strong.
-Dak'kon, Planescape Torment

Edited by - The Twin Scimitars on 21 Aug 2005 21:41:19
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  22:51:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Twin Scimitars

Hello foolish mortal humans! Im new to the sight and I just wanted to stop by and say hi to the foolish mortal humans!

You didn't want to say "hi" to Giant Space Hamsters?

Welcome to Candlekeep!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 Aug 2005 22:52:14
Go to Top of Page

The Twin Scimitars
Seeker

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2005 :  23:43:38  Show Profile  Visit The Twin Scimitars's Homepage Send The Twin Scimitars a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Giant Space Hamsters!

Endure, in enduring we grow strong.
-Dak'kon, Planescape Torment
Go to Top of Page

Mazrak Stonefist
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  06:15:09  Show Profile  Visit Mazrak Stonefist's Homepage Send Mazrak Stonefist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi i am new to the forum, i was looking around and this seemed like the best one on the net.

Fight till hell freezes over
Then fight on the ice
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  06:51:43  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seemed? Is.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2005 :  11:22:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mazrak Stonefist

hi i am new to the forum, i was looking around and this seemed like the best one on the net.

Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Go to Top of Page

The Screecher
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2005 :  01:51:50  Show Profile  Visit The Screecher's Homepage Send The Screecher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to all, I am a new recruit to the forums and is generally well versed in D&D stuff but will like to learn more. This forum seemed to be staffed with the best people in D&D, small wonder the best FR forum in the net.

Through stealth and the shadows, what was once thought dead shall arise and strike back at those responsible.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2005 :  02:24:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Screecher, and welcome to Candlekeep.

quote:
I am a new recruit to the forums and is generally well versed in D&D stuff but will like to learn more.
Well, you've definitely come to the right place!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2005 :  04:57:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Screech!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2005 :  07:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Screecher

Hello to all, I am a new recruit to the forums and is generally well versed in D&D stuff but will like to learn more. This forum seemed to be staffed with the best people in D&D, small wonder the best FR forum in the net.

Well met, and welcome to The Screecher

Oh thou art sure to find many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore herein to feed thy thirst for knowledge

Oh, and I hope that thy name is simply that... we can't tolerate screeching within these halls, 'tis a library after all. Shhhhhhh

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

katherinna
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2005 :  22:49:51  Show Profile  Visit katherinna's Homepage Send katherinna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome and Well met imis999
you will like it here I am sure.
My name is Kat the i work at the kitchen fairie.
short for Katherinna.

katherinne in rp 18 real 30
Go to Top of Page

Danubus
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  23:05:41  Show Profile  Visit Danubus's Homepage Send Danubus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

Im Danubus. Ive been playing D&D for a very long time. Currently, Im a DM for a online NWN persistant world called ALFA. I Dm for a Western Heartlands server and I look forward to picking your brains for information =)

ADM Western Heartlands-ALFA
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  00:09:46  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2005 :  07:56:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danubus

Hello all!

Im Danubus. Ive been playing D&D for a very long time. Currently, Im a DM for a online NWN persistant world called ALFA. I Dm for a Western Heartlands server and I look forward to picking your brains for information =)

Well met, Danubus

Welcome to Candlekeep. Ah, another traveler who hails from the fair city of Neverwinter, eh? Well take a seat and we will certainly aid ye in thy quest for knowlege.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Amraz one arm
Acolyte

Netherlands
42 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2005 :  18:26:21  Show Profile  Visit Amraz one arm's Homepage Send Amraz one arm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Urghh,

I have been playing this game for 15 years, and have been planeshifting on and of toril for a while now. But once again I have taken to quill, to set a new campaign. I'll be wandering these halls for a while, grabbing on his countless secrets, and writing down my own. The campaign will be an evil own for two veteranplayes, starting in the streets of our beloved Waterdeep

"You smell human to me."
Go to Top of Page

nagitiveD
Acolyte

Canada
5 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2005 :  03:28:38  Show Profile  Visit nagitiveD's Homepage Send nagitiveD a Private Message  Reply with Quote
greetings my name is Brendon Graycloak a bard and while in my wanderings i came across your site and my curiosity got the better of me,I enjoyed some of your topics and found them to be very helpful.I hope you allow me to stay and read some of your ancient text to use in my roll playing game . Thanks and fare thee well.

Brendon Graycloak
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2005 :  04:16:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Brendon and welcome to Candlekeep .

I hope you find your stay here enlightening. We've plenty of Realmslore -- dealing with the ancient Realms, the current Realms... and of course, evey period in between.

See you 'round the library .

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2005 :  09:07:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Amraz one arm and nagitiveD

Welcome to Candlekeep. There are many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore to keep ye busy for many tendays. If ye require any assistance, then please feel free to holler (just not too loud, this is a library after all ).

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

TwigB
Acolyte

South Africa
46 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  14:38:49  Show Profile Send TwigB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahoy, its good to see a living Forgotten Realms community. Many folk have been lost to vile MMORPG's...

I look forward to posting obscure realm facts...

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  16:44:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TwigB

Ahoy, its good to see a living Forgotten Realms community. Many folk have been lost to vile MMORPG's...

I look forward to posting obscure realm facts...

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep, TwigB. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein, for there are many tomes and scrolls of lore to keep ye occupied for many tendays

If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Phil
Acolyte

France
0 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  08:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage Send Phil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I am Phil from Normandie (France).

I rediscovered recently the FR via NWN.

This forum is huge and full of very interesting informations!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000