Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

CreepyBastard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  18:59:49  Show Profile  Visit CreepyBastard's Homepage Send CreepyBastard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just thought I would pop by and see what Candlekeep is all about.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  23:24:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CreepyBastard

Just thought I would pop by and see what Candlekeep is all about.

Well met

Ahh, welcome CreepyBa....er, Mr Creepy Oh Candlekeep is about many things...Realmslore, sharing the knowledge, teaching new arrivals about the Realms, meeting fellow scribes... I certainly hope ye enjoy thy stay herein.

Please feel free to contact me if ye require any assistance in these halls. Glad to have ye with us Tell me, have ye travelled long in the Realms?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

CreepyBastard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  02:32:33  Show Profile  Visit CreepyBastard's Homepage Send CreepyBastard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Please feel free to contact me if ye require any assistance in these halls. Glad to have ye with us Tell me, have ye travelled long in the Realms?

Thanks for the welcome!

The only Realms I have traversed have been across Oerth. My knowledge of the Realms comes solely through the novels. In fact, my very first D&D novel(s) was the Moonshea trilogy.

My last series was the Cleric Quintet. Then only recently I picked up the Hunter's Blade and have been following a few different series. Some damn good, some damn lame.

Anyway, I hope to learn what I can by osmosis.

Creepy
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  08:53:55  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome the Candlekeep, CreepyBastard

I'll look forward to reading some of your novel reviews.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

CreepyBastard
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  14:18:37  Show Profile  Visit CreepyBastard's Homepage Send CreepyBastard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Welcome the Candlekeep, CreepyBastard

I'll look forward to reading some of your novel reviews.

Where would I find the threads for the novels reviews?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  16:48:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CreepyBastard

Where would I find the threads for the novels reviews?

Well met

Why, in the Novels section of course ye will find a number of threads therein which are full discussions of various novels (spoilers are often listed, so 'ware). Remember, there are a number of Forgotten Realms novelists here at Candlekeep who may also answer any questions ye may have.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Sir Vengeance
Acolyte

42 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  05:49:40  Show Profile  Visit Sir Vengeance's Homepage Send Sir Vengeance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings And Hail to All Scribes here,Well met everyone! I am Sir Vengeance and rather pleased to be here in this great library. Well, I hope I can learn alongside the scribes here.

Vengeance is justified on righteous grounds, for righteous vengeance cannot be denied by anybody.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  05:52:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Vengeance

Greetings And Hail to All Scribes here,Well met everyone! I am Sir Vengeance and rather pleased to be here in this great library. Well, I hope I can learn alongside the scribes here.

Greetings to you Sir Vengeance, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Here you will find many curious questions pertaining to the Realmslore. You will also discover many fantastic answers -- some of which have even been provided by the Great Sages themselves.

So please, take a look around. If you feel the need to ask a question, simply find the appropriately place in the library and open a scroll. One of our many knowledgeable scribes will be happy to assist you in learning more about the Realms.

See you in the library .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Sir Vengeance
Acolyte

42 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  06:11:42  Show Profile  Visit Sir Vengeance's Homepage Send Sir Vengeance a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, The Sage.

Vengeance is justified on righteous grounds, for righteous vengeance cannot be denied by anybody.
Go to Top of Page

Tylas
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  06:53:15  Show Profile  Visit Tylas's Homepage Send Tylas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A warmest greetings to all the scribes here, the name is Tylas and it seems that this forum is indeed very popular. Nevertheless, well met everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2005 :  09:19:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Sir Vengeance and Tylas

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye both enjoy thy stay herein. There are many scrolls and tomes of Realmslore to hopefully satisfy thy search for knowledge

If ye have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

moon of abyss
Acolyte

13 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  11:59:48  Show Profile  Visit moon of abyss's Homepage Send moon of abyss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail from moon of abyss to everybody who breaths the awesome air of Toril...

I am new to the forums but neither am i new to this great website or faerun as an experienced FR Dm...

It feels great drinking something under the silver light of Selune at midnight, doesn't it?...

hello again everyone...

"Yes my ravenous friend" he said quietly, "but there remains two problems."

"First, I work alone."

"And second," Entreri continued, without missing a breath, "you are dead."
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2005 :  12:51:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, moon of abyss

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein and find much new knowledge and Realmslore

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rain
Acolyte

Denmark
2 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2005 :  21:40:14  Show Profile  Visit Rain's Homepage Send Rain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw a link to this place from a post on the FR mailing list. A 51 page thread with Ed Greenwood answering FR question? Looks like Christmas came early this year.

Oh, and Hi

Outside. I moved through the smog resolutely.
My eyes were Blue and my shoes were Old and nobody loved me.
But I had things to do.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2005 :  21:50:24  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rain

Saw a link to this place from a post on the FR mailing list. A 51 page thread with Ed Greenwood answering FR question? Looks like Christmas came early this year.

Oh, and Hi

Welcome. May you find much time here reading lore,.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2005 :  02:23:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, and Hi

Greetings to you Rain, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Yes, whenever the Lady Hooded One returns to Candlekeep bearing answers from Ed of the Greenwood, it is indeed a wonderful occasion.

Here you will find many curious questions pertaining to the Realmslore. You will also discover many fantastic answers -- some of which have even been provided by many of the Great Sages themselves.

So please, take a look around. If you feel the need to ask a question, simply find the appropriately place in the library and open a scroll. One of our many knowledgeable scribes will be happy to assist you in learning more about the Realms.

See you in the library .

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2005 :  11:53:23  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, and Hi

Well met, Rain

Welcome to Candlekeep, glad ye found the way into our humble library of learning. Indeed, Ed o' the Greenwood is known to provide much knowledge to us scribes of lore. Be sure to take a look at the many pennings within the Chamber of Sages, here at Candlekeep. In addition, for collated pennings of the Great Sage, see our So Saith Ed tomes.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

imraulf
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  21:02:45  Show Profile  Visit imraulf's Homepage Send imraulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, scribes of Candlekeep. I am Imraulf and I enjoy the vast stores of knowledge of the library. Keep an eye out for my posts as I am new to the Realms and have some great ideas.

"No matter how high or lofty the throne,
what sits on it is the same as your own."
- from _The Druid of Shannara_

"As for me, all I know is nothing."
- Socrates
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  21:30:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by imraulf

Hello, scribes of Candlekeep. I am Imraulf and I enjoy the vast stores of knowledge of the library. Keep an eye out for my posts as I am new to the Realms and have some great ideas.

Well met, imraulf

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy reading the tomes and scrolls of lore herein and will certainly look forward to reading thy writings

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  00:44:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by imraulf

Greetings Imraulf, and welcome to Candlekeep... home of the Realmslore and Faerūn's only Master of Mischief .

Please, enjoy your stay .

Edited by - The Sage on 21 Jul 2005 00:46:26
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  02:24:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And as the aforementioned Master of Mischief, I bid you welcome!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

iamunknown
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  08:25:47  Show Profile  Visit iamunknown's Homepage Send iamunknown a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings...I have no name and I am just a lowely servant. I come from the deep realm in hopes of increasin my knowledge of all things realms. My main path of study is Dwarf Lore
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  08:31:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iamunknown

Greetings...I have no name and I am just a lowely servant. I come from the deep realm in hopes of increasin my knowledge of all things realms. My main path of study is Dwarf Lore

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh we're always on the lookout for lowly servants

I will look forward to reading of thy studies of Dwarven lore during thy stay at the library.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

iamunknown
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  08:49:16  Show Profile  Visit iamunknown's Homepage Send iamunknown a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you, and may the errant explorer bless you for allowing me to study here
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  14:56:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you iamunknown.

Dwarven lore you say... An interesting area of the Realmslore. How did you become interested in such a topic?

Edited by - The Sage on 27 Jul 2005 14:57:27
Go to Top of Page

iamunknown
Acolyte

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  16:46:08  Show Profile  Visit iamunknown's Homepage Send iamunknown a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i have no rhyme reason or time...i have just had an obsession for dwarves as long as i have known what one is
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  17:03:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, iamunknown!

Go to Top of Page

Killashandra
Acolyte

South Africa
24 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  17:32:43  Show Profile  Visit Killashandra's Homepage Send Killashandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I've been running a campaign in the realms for the past year or so and one of my players (who is a complete nut, as all players are) is playing Azariah (the daughter of Elaith). So as I was browsing around looking for some info on the new dragon mag (which apparently has a story in by Elaine concerning Elaith and Azariah), I stumbled across Candlekeep.

And well, here I am!

A pleasure to meet you all

He's not evil, he's just...alternativly aligned.

A Kiwi fruit: Take a hamster, shave it's hair so that only stubble remains, cut off it's head and feet and there you go!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  17:54:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2005 :  08:16:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Killashandra

Hello!

I've been running a campaign in the realms for the past year or so and one of my players (who is a complete nut, as all players are) is playing Azariah (the daughter of Elaith). So as I was browsing around looking for some info on the new dragon mag (which apparently has a story in by Elaine concerning Elaith and Azariah), I stumbled across Candlekeep.

And well, here I am!

A pleasure to meet you all

Well met, Killashandra.

I'm glad ye found our humble library of learning, and welcome ye to this chamber of Realmslore. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein and look forward to hearing of thy travels across the Realms

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly