Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2005 :  08:19:23  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Phil

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh indeed, these chambers are filled with tomes and scrolls of Realmslore. Thou art sure to find much knowledge herein on the Forgotten Realms

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lonesome Drow
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  01:00:10  Show Profile  Visit Lonesome Drow's Homepage Send Lonesome Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all new to the forum. Player/DM of the Realms for many a year. Why no love for Drow avatars? LOL
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  02:25:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Magus Rages
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  06:39:03  Show Profile  Visit Magus Rages's Homepage Send Magus Rages a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to all fellow scribes and familiar scribes of candlekeep, had been straying in the forums for quite some time before I chose to join. By the way, a good hello to all.

-Magus Rages
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  10:28:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Magus Rages

Hello to all fellow scribes and familiar scribes of candlekeep, had been straying in the forums for quite some time before I chose to join. By the way, a good hello to all.

-Magus Rages

Well met, Magus Rages

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad ye decided to don a robe and join us in discussions of Realmslore

I hope to see ye around the halls and will look forward to hearing of thy travels.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  15:59:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Go to Top of Page

Halcyon
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  10:18:48  Show Profile  Visit Halcyon's Homepage Send Halcyon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A warm hello to all scribes, Halcyon is the name, and the new one walking in the forums.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  12:07:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Halcyon

A warm hello to all scribes, Halcyon is the name, and the new one walking in the forums.

Well met, Halcyon

Welcome to Candlekeep. Hope ye enjoy thy stay herein. Please feel free to take a look around the many tomes and scrolls within the library and join in discussions of Realmslore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Bluenose
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
134 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2005 :  16:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Bluenose's Homepage Send Bluenose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a lurker who has enjoyed this site for a while and is finally registering. I've been playing for a very long time. I started playing D&D with the Chainmail rules and the Greyhawk and Blackmoor supplements back in the 1970s with some of my school friends. Apart from one six month period I've played a game nearly every weekend since then. Players from this group have come and gone, died, dropped out of game, or moved away, but there has always been a Sunday gaming group in the area. Numbers have varied from just three regular players at one point to the nine who we had at one point in the 1980s. It hasn't always been D&D, we've tried lots of different rules systems, but in the end we always have returned to our fantasy roots. The Realms haven't always been our chosen location, but we keep coming back and although I DM my own campaign world I hope we'll always play Realms games.

To my angler brother who suggests I get a more "Grown-up" hobby, I say "Go back to pitting your wits against the fish."

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
What God abandoned, these defended,
And saved the sum of things for pay.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2005 :  20:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Bluenose

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad ye finally decided to don thy robes and join the ranks of seekers of lore

I hope ye enjoy thy stay and I'll look forward to reading thy thoughts.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

tauparticle
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  01:15:32  Show Profile  Visit tauparticle's Homepage Send tauparticle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well you finally forced my hand. I can no longer just scry in from afar, but am forced to finally enter the gates in person. Been lurking on the outside for quite awhile now, but am looking forward to becoming a full-fledged member of the community. Well met!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  02:32:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Tau, and welcome to Candlekeep .

::snickers::

Although, I'm a little curious... With the tauon's lifetime, I begin to wonder how you can stay here long enough to make an effective contribution .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 06 Dec 2005 02:34:13
Go to Top of Page

tauparticle
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  02:48:34  Show Profile  Visit tauparticle's Homepage Send tauparticle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, one of the hazards of living for 290 femtoseconds is that I have to travel at ultrarelativistic speeds to accomplish anything...so don't mind if my comments seem a little rushed
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  08:50:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tauparticle

Well you finally forced my hand. I can no longer just scry in from afar, but am forced to finally enter the gates in person. Been lurking on the outside for quite awhile now, but am looking forward to becoming a full-fledged member of the community. Well met!

Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep, tauparticle. Glad ye finally decided to join us in studies of Realmslore Apologies for closing the avenues of scrying, but spider infestation forced my hand on this Still, it resulted in thee being enticed to don thy robes and enter the library.... so every cloud has a silver lining

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rayn al Boha
Acolyte

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  12:34:20  Show Profile  Visit Rayn al Boha's Homepage Send Rayn al Boha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Im Ryan and im New here

live By the Sword
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  13:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rayn al Boha

Hello Im Ryan and im New here

Well met, Rayn al Boha

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein. There are many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore to help thee in thy quest for knowledge.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Naroon
Acolyte

Norway
0 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2005 :  15:31:59  Show Profile  Visit Naroon's Homepage Send Naroon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greeting Alaundo and everybody else. Finaly i found a forum dedicated to the forgotten realms. Now i`ll search these tomes of knowledge and learn more about FR
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2005 :  15:39:21  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome and have much learning! I am the halls resident half-dragon!

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2005 :  16:57:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Naroon

Greeting Alaundo and everybody else. Finaly i found a forum dedicated to the forgotten realms. Now i`ll search these tomes of knowledge and learn more about FR

Well met, Naroon

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein. There are many tomes and scrolls of lore and many knowledgable scribes to aid ye in thy quest for Realmslore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Silencer
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2005 :  16:41:17  Show Profile  Visit Silencer's Homepage Send Silencer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met and all that, as I am new here.

People talk too much...
Go to Top of Page

Just
Acolyte

Portugal
32 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  16:25:38  Show Profile  Visit Just's Homepage Send Just a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Fellow Writers and Players. I'm new to the Board as Naroon and many others and as him I'm hoping you could help me develop my Campaign - I know it's selfish - But I ain't very knowledgeable about the realms so I'll try to contribute with whatever I can!

Brainstorming Paladin under the shadow of a rock shaped Abyss General
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  16:34:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Just
Acolyte

Portugal
32 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2005 :  17:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Just's Homepage Send Just a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Wooly. I'll try not to be very bothersome! I just wanted to say that you have a great Site here, that I'll try to explore better overtime and I heard very good words from other players...

Thanks, Just the Qindahearted.

Brainstorming Paladin under the shadow of a rock shaped Abyss General
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2005 :  10:44:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Just

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein. Worry not, bothersome ye wont be. There are many scribes will will gladly aid thee in thy quest for knowledge and Realmslore.

If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  18:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there!!

Im new here, as you might guess. Heard that this was a good place for Realmslore, so I figured I might join up, to continue my quest for information about Lliira (My Favourite Goddess in the Realms)

I will, of course, also contribute as best as I can. :)

Anyway.. Heya!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2006 :  22:59:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Sullazer Darksilver
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2006 :  05:48:11  Show Profile  Visit Sullazer Darksilver's Homepage Send Sullazer Darksilver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have looked around the keep and have a new home for Sullazer Darksilver who has walked these realms for well over 15 years now.
I have been on real world quest lately I am paramedic in the real world and upon returning from Hurricane Katrina where I was deployed with the Arkansas DMAT team and have decided that I would like to have my Forgotten Realms book collection signed by the various authors. I have great luck with the authors I have been able to find contacts emails for. And must say they have been some the greatest people to correspond with. Now I am tring to locate Ed Greenwood to get my Elminster series signed. When I asked one how to contact Ed they recommended this site. I know this is probably asking the impossible unless I can walk into shadowdale myself and shake hands the the great man himself. But any help will be greatly appreciated. On my Quest.
Thanks
Jason (Sullazer Darksilver)

I am here to save your miserable life not to make you happy!!
Go to Top of Page

ravnecroft
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2006 :  14:38:37  Show Profile  Visit ravnecroft's Homepage Send ravnecroft a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to all!!!
I am Ravencroft I'm new
hope to find some new friends here!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2006 :  09:47:00  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ravnecroft

Greetings to all!!!
I am Ravencroft I'm new
hope to find some new friends here!!!!!

Well met, ravnecroft

Welcome to Candlekeep. New friends indeed, ye shall find, for we all share the knowledge and Realmslore herein

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

At your Behest
Acolyte

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2006 :  04:57:56  Show Profile  Visit At your Behest's Homepage Send At your Behest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met scholars!

After having rummaged unrecognised in a few piles of scrolls, I decided to drop my veil of disguise and bid ye a good morning.
As I had no precious book to offer I thought that you might reject me so that I entered by means I cannot tell you of.
Hopefully I am allowed to stay within this vault of knowledge even without a gift?
I will however offer you the feeble knowledge I have gathered outside these walls if I may stay inside?
Please be lenient towards me, it is cold outside...

Fare ye well!

Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn.

Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yeah, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land.
Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, for he is the harbinger of death.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000