Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The realmsound project
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KacyCrawford
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2013 :  09:42:15  Show Profile Send KacyCrawford a Private Message  Delete Topic
Coincidentally I actually met the guys behind the Realmsound project yesterday at a meet up. Didn't even know it was them till a Convo on Kickstarter Projects happened. And now I'm going to start gaming with them next week here in the OC! :))

So my final shameless plug for them as a celebration. Got 24 hours left on their campaign! Let's rally the troops and reach their funding goals! :)

Link: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/105982873/the-realmsound-project

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2013 :  10:01:28  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message
<-< , I don't like this at all. IF I go into this much effort to make an adventure, I want a way to package it (if I make my own sounds and all that) and to sell it as an adventure pack . That and I don't think this is the right place to post this.

I mean really, if your going to do business with custom sounds for tabletop play,create a sort of marketplace, that you see in the neverwinter mmo, where folks can make up an adventure, make sounds or splice things together, using some of your resources and others, and take a cut for audio based adventures. Sort of like how books are done with mp3's and such.

I just DO NOT see this as a tool of immersion, but something that breaks the interaction, but something that a DM fumbles with trying to do sound affects for a game that is pen and paper and social interaction at the table you play at.

<-< okay done with my rant, guess I don't like the feel of this, this utterly sounds like something that should be a open sourced project, because I just see it swelling realistically well , for a good sound bank if you had a decent search engine.

Edited by - silverwolfer on 22 Jul 2013 10:04:03
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2013 :  11:46:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
This is already listed in the Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans thread, so it's not necessary to dedicate a second thread to discussing it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000