Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Your top five
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  05:15:47  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What are you top five Realms books

Excluding anything done by Salvatore.

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  06:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elfshadow
Elfsong
Azure Bonds
Song of the Saurials
Evermeet: Island of Elves

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  07:40:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Daughter of the Drow
Tangled Webs
Windwalker
Silverfall: Stories of the Seven Sisters
Elfsong
Big Elaine Cunningham fan!
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  15:16:33  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spellfire, All Shadows Fled, Elminster in Hell, Cormyr: A Novel, Elfshadow
Go to Top of Page

Bladesinger
Acolyte

Turkey
35 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  17:59:31  Show Profile Send Bladesinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dream Spheres
Death of the Dragon
Silverfall
Elfshadow
Hand of Fire
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  18:06:52  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Phew this is a tough one! In no particular order:

Shadows Witness
Twilight Falling
Dissolution
Daughter of the Drow
Veiled Dragon

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  19:01:54  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking for some books to read, tired of Salvatore. Unfamiliar with some of the better FR writers out there so I want to get a feel for what everyone likes.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2003 :  19:13:06  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have returned from a short exile ( ok I got lost in these massive rows of scrolls and books ok?) and decided to grace this scroll with my five faves...
1 Daughter of the Drow
2 Tangled webs
3 Realms of Magic
4 Realms of Mystery
5 Realms of the Arcane

Note: I would think that the Realms of... Series might not classify as a full novel or realms books because they are collections of short stories but These deserve mention because of 1 Wiglaf Evertongue stories by Tom Dupree, 2 The Teritus Wands stories by Jeff Grubb ( the author who got me back into books a few years back with his 'The Brother's War'), and 3 the Additional Liriel Baenre story 'The Direct Approach'- TOO FUNNY!

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  07:01:07  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Big Elaine Cunningham fan!

How can you be such a fan and not put Evermeet: Island of Elves in your top 5!?

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  09:35:58  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like Avatar Triology
Elf Shadow
Vampire of the Mist(is it ok)
Also Magehound and floodgate is interesting

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  09:38:16  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bladesinger

Dream Spheres
Death of the Dragon
Silverfall
Elfshadow
Hand of Fire

Nerden aldın Death of the Dragon'u abicim. bildiim kadarıyla Gerekli Şeyler oyuncakçı oldu. İst te başka bi yer bilion mu frp kitap satan?

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2003 :  13:31:39  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Elfsong
2) Spellfire
3) Masquerades
4) Elfshadow
5) Crown of Fire

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!â€

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2003 :  01:50:04  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.The prince of lies
2.the trail of Cyric the mad
3.tantras
4.Waterdeep
5.The lords of darkness
Go to Top of Page

elven_songstress
Learned Scribe

126 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  10:16:54  Show Profile  Visit elven_songstress's Homepage Send elven_songstress a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm My favorites well my favorite book had to be The crystal Shard but since it was other then Salvatore...

1)The Wyvern Spur
2)Evermeet
3)The Halls of Stormweather
4)Realms of the Underdark
5)Realms of Magic

We need to be reminded sometimes that a sunrise lasts but a few minutes,but its beauty can burnin our hearts eternally."
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2003 :  15:44:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So at least one person here has some taste.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  10:16:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An interesting question, and also, a very difficult one to answer, as I have many favorites.

However -

1 - Shadow's Witness
2 - Elfshadow
3 - Elminster: The Making of a Mage
4 - Evermeet: Island of Elves
5 - Spellfire

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2003 :  11:18:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because I have horrible luck with that book...I haven't been able to find it anywhere, from the library to every single bookstore ever!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  07:57:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No! Say it ain't so!

Amazon! ABE! Half.com! Get crackin'!!!!

Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  20:07:12  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to find the second book of the Magehound trilogy for ages now. Why does every bookstore have the first and third, but not the second?

I can't decide on just five, so I won't bother except to say that you should read The Crucible (and the prequel, the name of which I've forgotten).
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  21:21:45  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow...someone apparently has issues with Salvatore...sorry to hear that....ah well...

Excluding Master Salvatore (Homeland would be at the top of the list...), mine goes...

1) Evermeet: Island of Elves
2) Crucible
3) Prince of Lies
4) The Sorceror
5) Silver Shadows

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2003 :  23:10:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holds up sign:"14-no credit card"
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2003 :  06:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Homeland, The Crystal Shard, Silverfall, Spellfire, War of the Spider Queen vol 2.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  16:29:28  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Homeland, The Crystal Shard, Silverfall, Spellfire, War of the Spider Queen vol 2.

*lol* I almost did the samething.My dark elf friend you didn't read
the fine print. Excluding anything done by Salvatore.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  16:42:03  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Holds up sign:"14-no credit card"

Do you make these signs yourself.

(1)Realms of Magic
(2)Realms of Valor
(3)Realms of the Underdark(Salvatore has stories in these)
(4)Realms of Imfamy
(5)Daughter of the Drow

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  20:19:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep.
Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  20:21:52  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.the prince of lies
2.trail of Cyric the mad
3.lords of darknes
4.waterdeep
5.tantras
That er the best books
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  20:23:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lords of Darkness was a supplement, not a novel/collection of short stories...
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2003 :  23:35:13  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyric

1.the prince of lies
2.trail of Cyric the mad
3.lords of darknes
4.waterdeep
5.tantras
That er the best books

Didn't you post this before on page 1?

Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  05:23:57  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Do'h!
In that case - Silverfall, Spellfire, War of the Spider Queen #2 and #3, Daughter of the Drow.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  08:39:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
William of Waterdeep said -
quote:
(1)Realms of Magic
(2)Realms of Valor
(3)Realms of the Underdark(Salvatore has stories in these)
(4)Realms of Imfamy

I'm curious. Why so many anthologies?.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2003 :  09:58:00  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cause then Anthologies rock!.... Right wil?

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000