Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Glacier's Edge coming later this year
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2023 :  04:28:20  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Shardnax
If you don't feel comfortable continuing, that's totally fine.
However, if you're worried about offending me, rest assured that it's *really* hard for me to become upset due to a discussion. I discuss because I enjoy doing so--even when I come off as vehement, it's not because I'm getting angry. So it's alright to continue if you want to

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 27 Oct 2023 04:30:08
Go to Top of Page

Shardnax
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2023 :  14:32:52  Show Profile Send Shardnax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's no issue for me. I assessed and it doesn't seem likely to go anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2023 :  14:53:32  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's fine too.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2443 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2023 :  22:14:11  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shardnax
It's jurisdictional as per Ring of Winter. If you're outside Kara-Tur and you're not from there it they don't lay claim.

quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Kara-Tur and Mulhorand have their own gods and jurisdiction regarding the afterlife.

And are better than the Faerūnian, for what it seems. They don't have Walls, either, making all that "the Wall is necessary" arguments just convenient lies.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

redking
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2023 :  10:59:54  Show Profile Send redking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X
And are better than the Faerūnian, for what it seems. They don't have Walls, either, making all that "the Wall is necessary" arguments just convenient lies.

AFAIK, these other pantheons only get jurisdiction over the afterlife if they are not judged faithless or false by Kelemvor.
Go to Top of Page

TKU
Learned Scribe

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2023 :  06:36:34  Show Profile Send TKU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was the other way around. I'm struggling to remember the exact context I ran into it, but I seem to recall something about ed indicating that demihuman pantheons get 'first dibs' on the souls of their demihuman worshippers (even if they worshipped a god outside their pantheon?)

I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to lead to the conclusion that other distinct afterlives might have a similar arrangement, though I wonder if the fugue plane would still act as an intermediary step to another afterlife.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000