Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Cormyr + Minecraft anyone?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thunderforge
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2016 :  00:35:43  Show Profile Send Thunderforge a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings all. I have a project that I would like to share with anyone interested. As the subject suggests I am currently building a Minecraft world of Cormyr 1:64 scale and would like to see if there are any members here who would like to participate in making it a fully-functional RPG world. I have a Googlesheet started to show and track the build progress and it can be viewed at this link-

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rv0jNUVRoIKbEznn_bBvdeEE4m3t2ExlxcIcW60ukks/edit?usp=sharing

This isn't on a server yet as I am first waiting to see if there is any interest before I invest in a monthly fee. I have been lurking here for the past two years gathering build information and always planned to try and recruit help here first if I ever got to that point, and I feel I have. This is currently still at the block-placing stage, but NPC's and a class system would be the start of Phase 2. My best case scenario would be to find somebody with a passion for FR lore as well as command block knowledge, but even basic building skills would help to put the polish on "finished" areas as well as carve some chunks out of undeveloped locations.

I could ramble forever so I will stop and let you browse the pages mentioned above and wait for feedback.

Thanks for your time, please enjoy.

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2016 :  03:51:01  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Thunderforge
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 04 Jun 2016 :  13:48:13  Show Profile Send Thunderforge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...maybe I should have started with a "Who plays D&D and Minecraft?" poll first?

At any rate recent events have placed this project on the back burner for now, but the link to the journal will always be there for people to browse. Please feel free to leave comments or ask questions like "Why in the world...?"

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

luigivok
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2016 :  21:53:50  Show Profile Send luigivok a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey!, any chance this server could be up for people to explore? Maybe I'm late commenting this, but I would like to build and contribute on a project like this from time to time. My longest D&D party (forgotten realms) was active for more than 20 years, until we reached a level so high it was unplayable and we all retired with honors. And of course minecraft is my favorite game.
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2016 :  23:42:58  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderforge

or ask questions like "Why in the world...?

And people say I have too much time on my hands....

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page

Thunderforge
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2016 :  02:23:34  Show Profile Send Thunderforge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luigivok

Hey!, any chance this server could be up for people to explore? Maybe I'm late commenting this, but I would like to build and contribute on a project like this from time to time. My longest D&D party (forgotten realms) was active for more than 20 years, until we reached a level so high it was unplayable and we all retired with honors. And of course minecraft is my favorite game.

Yes, actually. The server just went up this weekend at cormyrcraft.mooo.com . It is yet to be populated and is set on Mode 2 (Adventure). Please drop by and stroll around. No projects on the go yet, mainly looking for input on what already exists.

Thanks

Edited by - Thunderforge on 09 Aug 2016 00:34:50
Go to Top of Page

Thunderforge
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2016 :  03:13:01  Show Profile Send Thunderforge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Adhriva

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderforge

or ask questions like "Why in the world...?

And people say I have too much time on my hands....

Tell me about it My original plan was to crank this out over March break (I was off with the kids) and the rest is history. I actually did have the basic geography done by that weekend but I'm AA (an Anal Analyst)so I found myself taking elaborate liberties with small details in Volo's guide to Cormyr. A good example is a line from Griffon Hill just east of The Stonelands that suggests there might be a cavern linked to the underdark hidden beneith the town. Let me tell you, it's just a wee bit more than a cavern .
Go to Top of Page

Thunderforge
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2016 :  22:15:57  Show Profile Send Thunderforge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Server Update!!

The server is at cormyrcraft.mooo.com

You can find maps as well as a copy of Volo's guide to Cormyr (the inspiration for this build) on a Google spreadsheet here-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rv0jNUVRoIKbEznn_bBvdeEE4m3t2ExlxcIcW60ukks/edit#gid=405852944

There are now TP locals and maps displayed in Suzail, Marsember and Arabel to help you reach the four corners of the Forest Kingdom as well as many more that you can find by exploring.

The locations linked to each city are as follows-

SUZAIL
Grey Oaks
Mouth o Gargoyles
Knightswood
Waymoot
Espar
Skullcrag
Minroe
Greatgaunt
Eveningstar
Old Axe

MARSEMBER
Immersea
Blisterfoot Inn
Yoeman's Bridge
Gladehap
Wheloon
Hultail
Thunderstone
Monksblade
Smuggler's Stone
Kirinwood
Wormtower
Dawngleam

ARABEL
Hillmarch
Castle Crag
Tilverton
Halfhap
Griffon Hill
Collinwood
Tyrluk
Hornshield
Huthduth
High Horn
Wyvernhunt
Eagle Peak

Please enjoy, looking forward to any feedback.

Thanks

Edited by - Thunderforge on 09 Aug 2016 00:35:35
Go to Top of Page

Thunderforge
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2016 :  00:33:57  Show Profile Send Thunderforge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Solved the floating IP, we now has a sub-domain!:)

The server is at cormyrcraft.mooo.com

I will edit previous posts to reflect this.

Edited by - Thunderforge on 09 Aug 2016 00:36:33
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000