Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Orc King prologue discussion (SPOILERS)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  16:29:01  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I always knew he was a muppet...

Sorry Firestorm, I had this in News releases and it got moved, I didn't realize there already was one.

BTW, Wooly, after finishing Darkvision your theory holds much more merit. I don't want to put any spoilers in here for that, but there was a charcter that pretty much had that type of 'extra-dimensional forknowledge', as it were.

I hope thats NOT what they meant by the "meeting of two worlds" - its a little too sci-fi/comic bookish for FR, IMHO.

It worked well in the novel, but in an RSE I think it would be mega-overkill.

Then again, ANYTHING RSE-related is overkill.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

FurryFury
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  16:35:12  Show Profile  Visit FurryFury's Homepage Send FurryFury a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In many ways, I feel similar to Rinonalyrna. Sadly, the Realms we know and love seem to be coming to the end. Of course, many people will continue to be playing their 1360/70-something year-based campaigns, and many more, with or without much enthusiasm, will embrace "4E FR", but dividing fan-base and killing the spirit of the setting (well, we don't know for sure, but let's face it, that's the most likely outcome with all this "post-apocalyptic" talk) does sign out the finale.
And I feel cheated with all this Points of Light discussion. I mean, they've stated outright that this is the idea they came for only the CORE setting of 4e...and now we see they've decided to introduce it to FR long before they even announced such an approach.
The only thing left to hope for me is that they won't merge FR with Eberron :) The idea just terrifies me.

Edited by - FurryFury on 11 Sep 2007 16:35:52
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  16:54:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Over time, I've become enough of a skeptic about RSEs that nothing really shocks me anymore. There was once a time when I would think to myself, "They wouldn't go that far, would they?", but those days are over. WotC can and will go "that far", at least as far as I've seen. And yes, my personal Realms is staying in the early 1370s, whether the timeline moves ahead 10 years or 100 years.

As far as an "orc kingdom" goes, I'm actually not adverse to the idea. No doubt there have been such kingdoms before, and there's some interesting potential there. But on the other hand, I can understand why some people feel skeptical. Are things really so simple that the reason orcs are monsters is because "they are treated like monsters"? Let's get real here--all of the orc gods are evil (as far as I know), and most orcs end up being evil, even if they aren't born that way. There are plenty of valid reasons for in-game characters not to trust them. They tend not to be "peaceful unless attacked". So, I would like an orc kingdom, but not a warm, cuddly, "it was all just a misunderstanding" treatment of it.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 11 Sep 2007 16:55:31
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  17:40:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well all Drow started with one Evil deity, so perhaps orcs will now get a good deity. *wink*

I never liked the Evil gene concept.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  18:38:31  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well all Drow started with one Evil deity, so perhaps orcs will now get a good deity. *wink*

Nothing's impossible.

quote:
I never liked the Evil gene concept.

Just to clarify, my argument wasn't "evil is in their genes", so much as the fact that it's telling that all the orc deities (so far) happen to be evil. My point is that orcs usually do act evil, so it's normal for other characters in-game not to trust them (and that such characters aren't "bad" for not trusting them).

Again, I'm just against "warm and cuddly" treatments of the subject (and that actually goes for anything, not just orcs). "We're monsters because we're treated like them" doesn't explain anything, it's really just a neatly packaged cliche.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 11 Sep 2007 18:41:32
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  20:52:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But you have a very 'Heartlands' view of things.

There are MANY places in the Realms where the Orcs do keep to themselves, or get along with their neighbors. The Mountain Orcs are the ones we are most familiar with, and they are the more primitive, brutal type. They are the ones giving all the others the bad press.

The Gray Orcs did have that Orcgate incident, but AFAIK, after they were brought to Toril they settled down and have been 'blending in' ever since. My take on that is what happened in Azeroth (WoW) - the Orcs were tricked by evil outsiders to invade another dimension. Before that, they were a peaceful druidic culture (much like they are in Eberron).

I felt the same B&W way about Orcs for years, until I read The Crusade trilogy and Prince of Lies, both of which have General Vraak as an unwilling hero. King Azoun even gave him a medal! His troops (all Orcs) remained in the UE, and they are regarded as heroes to this day, and are welcome in human towns (and recently saved one once again).

If you want a really good read that is non-FR but will give you deep insights into Orcs, read Lord of the Clans. You will begin to see why Orcs are the way they are, and why they hate humans (and demi-humans) so much. You would have a chip on your shoulder too if the rest of the world treated you like an animal.

I always wanted to see an Orc Kingdom in FR - Mystara had one and so did GH toward the end. If done correctly, it could only enhance the setting, not hurt it.

The Orc Kingdom is the last thing in the world we need worry about right now...

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Sep 2007 20:53:54
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  20:58:31  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Here's a thought... Someone mentioned Ed's comment on Abeir being lost from the name Abeir-Toril, and posited that it may have something to do with the "joining of two worlds" line. Now Ontarah mentions that a review discusses Wulfgar, Cattie-Brie and the rest being alive in the novel -- something clearly not possible 100 years in the future. Perhaps what we're looking at is that Abeir and Toril are separate, parallel dimensions, and something causes them to collide. This future Drizzt could be from Abeir, where a different course of events happened. Then, in the fashion of countless TV shows, movies, and books, either future Drizzt comes to Toril, or he somehow imparts the information to current Drizzt, and he and his friends then take steps to prevent it.

Of course, this is all just this side of wild supposition...

Wulfgar, Cattie-Brie and the rest are living in the main part of the novel which is not happening 100 years later. Only the prologue and the epilogue is.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2007 :  21:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
But you have a very 'Heartlands' view of things.

No, it's just a non-cuddly, non-PC view of things.

The honored orc general you mentioned is one person, and not representitive of the majority. Just because SOME orcs don't fit the stereotype doesn't mean the stereotype isn't based in any kind of truth.

You mention a lot of Warcraft stuff, too, but that's not FR.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  00:51:07  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My comparison between Klingons and orcs was less about cultural details and more about the "my enemy is now my ally" aspect of the story. The point being that the "alliance" was shown as a "bit by bit" thing. Klingons weren't shown as just another race of aliens among equals, because this would skip a lot of interesting story telling in showing how the Federation and the Klingons were different despite being "friends."

The reason I brought this up in comparison to this story is that I would have liked to have seen a little more "orc" in orcish culture. The orcs of the Silver Marches seem to have become amazingly civilized and we didn't get to see any of the "phases."

It just seems strange to see an orc woman getting married, and having a nice little chat with her ruler, when 100 years previous orc women are property that aren't even claimed as proper wives, but breeding stock. Its more than a little jarring.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  00:54:18  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

Wulfgar, Cattie-Brie and the rest are living in the main part of the novel which is not happening 100 years later. Only the prologue and the epilogue is.

If true, the bloody prologue is not a prologue to the novel (though it might be to 4th FR).

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."

Edited by - Kentinal on 12 Sep 2007 00:56:40
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  00:57:53  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

The reason I brought this up in comparison to this story is that I would have liked to have seen a little more "orc" in orcish culture. The orcs of the Silver Marches seem to have become amazingly civilized and we didn't get to see any of the "phases."

It just seems strange to see an orc woman getting married, and having a nice little chat with her ruler, when 100 years previous orc women are property that aren't even claimed as proper wives, but breeding stock. Its more than a little jarring.

That fairly well sums up my reservations of an Orc Kingdom. It is something that couls start like this is but take more lik 750 to 1000 years to get to the point of behavior and acceptance portrayed in the Prologue.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  01:05:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had an inkling of the prologue two weks ago, when I read some stuff on RAS's site. Basically, the prologue and epilogue are written from the perspective of an older, more bitter Drizzt looking back to the events that lead up to his currrent situation. The evnts are the main body of the novel, and they take place in the present.

If the prologue contained all that, I'd like to see what the epilogue is going to be like.

The only reason why anyone would think that that will be the new FRCS year is because it would be awfully odd to set the future of a setting in stone like that. All we know for sure is that the last date in this month's much-anticipated release tGHotR will be 1385 DR, and that is why many of us expected it to be the new campaign era, or slightly thereafter.

The scarey part is, we really don't know, and if that is Drizzt looking back, for all we know THAT could be in the past of the new FR, and we could be looking at a jump of even greater then a hundred years.

BTW, the newest theory - Abeirrations.....

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Sep 2007 01:07:06
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  01:05:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heck, I'm not really arguing how long, as far as orc "social stucture" goes, it should take, but just that, as readers, we don't have any investment in the change. Maybe orcs can get pretty down to earth fairly quickly, but I'm less likely to appreciate the change if it is just stated to have happened.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  01:09:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe we will see a slew of novels taking place during the Spellplague years...

In fact, that would be brilliant... then the novels WON'T effect our games anymore. It would be like seperating the Novel timeframe from the game, but still having both be canon.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  01:18:34  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Heck, I'm not really arguing how long, as far as orc "social stucture" goes, it should take, but just that, as readers, we don't have any investment in the change. Maybe orcs can get pretty down to earth fairly quickly, but I'm less likely to appreciate the change if it is just stated to have happened.

Yeah, let me see it develop, don't tell me oh yeah it happened...you just didn't see it!!

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  01:20:48  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

That fairly well sums up my reservations of an Orc Kingdom. It is something that couls start like this is but take more lik 750 to 1000 years to get to the point of behavior and acceptance portrayed in the Prologue.

100 years are a long time, a single generation can bring majot changes and for Orcs this would be 4th or 5th generation (unless WotC changes the life span of Orcs).

Realms marriage was never that big a deal in the first place, consorts are common, life mates are common and so on.

One reason for a marriage is for joining Noble lines, this case however might be for mutial protection of eaxch of the young couple.

Look back 100 years into the history of your country, the laws and customs and compare them to the current customs and laws you live under today. I am sure there are large changes in how groups of people are viewed, the bad groups of people of 100 years ago are sometimes friends and so on.

100 years is more then enough time for an orc human marriage, I am sure some even occur in current time period.

Go to Top of Page

Thauglor
Acolyte

Brazil
36 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  08:30:00  Show Profile  Visit Thauglor's Homepage Send Thauglor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Bah. To me, these changes just feel like a slap in the face. I don't like the sound of them, and I believe that the Realms is very quickly becoming radicially different from what it was meant to be.

And before someone protests, "You shouldn't judge it 'til you've seen it!" Why not? First, I've seen some of it right in the discussed sample chapter. Second, if I've disliked almost every other RSE that's happened over the past several years (and there have been many), why on earth should I be expected it be optimistic about this new one, which is being billed as the greatest change ever, greater than the much-hated ToT?

WotC can do what they want with the setting they own, but that doesn't mean everyone has to approve of it.

There's actually one good side in "pre-judging" the new Realms based on the little info we've collected: WotC might just hear our voice and think twice before taking steps into a questionable direction.

A RSE is here for certain, if we like it or not. But we still have a diminutive (that's one step below tiny, right? ) chance of making a difference and saving part of FR's history. As Red Walker said before, let us see the Realms's history develop. Let us play it and add to the setting. Even if it's years squeezed in months of real time. Please, please, don't go shattering realms here and there just for the sake of fitting the setting in "the new core rules".

Perhaps I'm just too optmistic.

Edited by - Thauglor on 12 Sep 2007 08:50:17
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  14:56:38  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauglor

There's actually one good side in "pre-judging" the new Realms based on the little info we've collected: WotC might just hear our voice and think twice before taking steps into a questionable direction.

A RSE is here for certain, if we like it or not. But we still have a diminutive (that's one step below tiny, right? ) chance of making a difference and saving part of FR's history. As Red Walker said before, let us see the Realms's history develop. Let us play it and add to the setting. Even if it's years squeezed in months of real time. Please, please, don't go shattering realms here and there just for the sake of fitting the setting in "the new core rules".

Good point. You can never be too optomistic.

I always try to see the glass 1/4 full!!!

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  19:00:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauglor

That is optimistic. But who says that's a bad thing? I'll continue to make my opinions known, for certain, and I am considering writing a letter to WotC (a polite letter, of course) expressing my concerns with the direction of the setting.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  19:15:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People in charge NEVER care about what the little guy has to say, because they all assume that they are smarter and know better. I mean, thats why they make the big bucks, right? <smirk>

BTW, is the genius who thought up 'New Coke' still running things at WotC for Hasbro?

Anyhow, I've said the same thing as Red Walker and Thauglor in other threads. Why couldn't we be given a chance to play THROUGH the Spellplague, and then maybe hit us with the post-apocalypse world in 5e? We wouldn't feel so bad going from point 'A' to point 'B', if we got a little scenery along the way.

Did you see the movie Click? The message was that Adam Sandler 'skipped over' too much of his life to enjoy it. Think about that for a moment....

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  20:53:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Look back 100 years into the history of your country, the laws and customs and compare them to the current customs and laws you live under today. I am sure there are large changes in how groups of people are viewed, the bad groups of people of 100 years ago are sometimes friends and so on.

This isn't a valid analogy, though. One hundred years of cultural development in the real world means one hundred years of progress that is built upon and draws from the foundation of hundreds and sometimes thousands of years of already-existing civilization.

For a race to go from thousands of years of primitive, raiding tribes to a single stable kingdom in 100 years is really pushing the bounds of believability.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 12 Sep 2007 20:56:02
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  21:23:47  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This isn't a valid analogy, though. One hundred years of cultural development in the real world means one hundred years of progress that is built upon and draws from the foundation of hundreds and sometimes thousands of years of already-existing civilization.

For a race to go from thousands of years of primitive, raiding tribes to a single stable kingdom in 100 years is really pushing the bounds of believability.

Kahn made a good first step in his generation, his Grandson became Emporor of China, IIRC.

The Vickins had a robust culture of ship bluiding and agicultural, they though are best known for the visit some of their numbers made on other nation's shores.

The Orcs have their civilization as well unseen by most, they clearly have Smiths (because no other race would build those deadly orc battle axes) and a supporting organizied communities with a "rule of law" not a LG in D&D terms but still communities.

Also as far as it goes rven 100 years later there are others that want to return to the old ways from what is indicated. This is not total conversion just a sytong leader, that assembled strong leaders about him to hold a larger community together in something more then the small communities of the past.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  22:19:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Kahn made a good first step in his generation, his Grandson became Emporor of China, IIRC.

The Vickins had a robust culture of ship bluiding and agicultural, they though are best known for the visit some of their numbers made on other nation's shores.

The Orcs have their civilization as well unseen by most, they clearly have Smiths (because no other race would build those deadly orc battle axes) and a supporting organizied communities with a "rule of law" not a LG in D&D terms but still communities.

Also as far as it goes rven 100 years later there are others that want to return to the old ways from what is indicated. This is not total conversion just a sytong leader, that assembled strong leaders about him to hold a larger community together in something more then the small communities of the past.

Yeah, but all of that is building on existing cultural frameworks. That's the point I'm making -- a civilization isn't built from scratch in a mere 100 years.

As for orcish smiths, knowledge of a bit of metallurgy does not make a civilization.

Orcish civilization -- such as it is -- is built around tribes, raiding anyone nearby, and leadership thru strength. None of these things is a basis around which to build a kingdom, because kingdoms, by default, require such things as mutual cooperation and internal support, such as food production and some system of order.

I just can't see a bunch of farmers as grandchildren and great-grandchildren of those who would have shunned such pursuits and instead killed someone else and stolen their produce.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  22:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the series itself is taking a strange turn. At the very end of the sample chapter, we see an angry, lonely, bitter Drizzt in a post-apocaylptic Realms who shouts in people's faces about how the whole world has gone mad.

Kind of makes me long for the days when Drizzt would pen sappy journal entries about the power of friendship.

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 12 Sep 2007 22:24:41
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  03:41:14  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think the series itself is taking a strange turn. At the very end of the sample chapter, we see an angry, lonely, bitter Drizzt in a post-apocaylptic Realms who shouts in people's faces about how the whole world has gone mad.

Kind of makes me long for the days when Drizzt would pen sappy journal entries about the power of friendship.

Whoa!!! Hold on a minute there , lets think this through before we go so far as to wish for those days!!

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  05:05:57  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, as Big Al got upset with me before about posting fact, I will leave this debate about how quick a nation can form. Not a perfect nation as no nation is perfect but clearly doable within 100 IMO.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  06:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Give that elf a couch, a shrink and some anti depressants Let him work out his father issues, coping with loss and get the angst out of his system.

On the other hand, from what it sounds like, the Anaruoch will be a really interesting adventuring spot. While I don't quite buy the idea of "good" orcs, I'll accept neutral orcs with no problems, particularly since that appears to be the case in Cormyr, in my uninformed opinion.

Rants and reviews that interest no one may be found here.
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  18:04:05  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Braveheart
What happened to the great tale of Drizzt and Bruenor searching for some ancient dwarven kingdom?

That`s a good question. I was looking forward to read about this search. Damn it!
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2007 :  18:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skeptic

If true, the bloody prologue is not a prologue to the novel (though it might be to 4th FR).

Hell no!
That would mean Drizzt will not die!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2007 :  18:03:03  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And now you've made me laugh out loud

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000