Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 question about Athas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2007 :  17:08:42  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know this site is dedicated to the Forgotten Realms but I have also a question about the Dark Sun campaign setting. I just found a second edition campaign boxed set in my local shop and bought it. I was wondering if there is also a third edition source of it in dragons or dungeon magazines?

Does someone known of it ?

Blake_Alexander
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2007 :  18:49:07  Show Profile  Visit Blake_Alexander's Homepage Send Blake_Alexander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to the offical recognized wedsite for Athas/Darksun...http://www.athas.org/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  01:20:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is no "official" 3e full conversion of the Dark Sun setting. Paizo published both a special issue of DRAGON [#319] and DUNGEON [#110] which update "parts" of the setting, the races, etc -- they function like a 3e PHB and DMG for DS.

Otherwise, the only 3e work being doing for Athas resides at the site Blake indicated above.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  10:38:34  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thank you very much for the information :)
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  14:24:40  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
May I ask if and what your planning to use Darksun for anytime soon? Because a full understanding of the psionics rules is adamant for playing on the burning world of Athas.

I knew someone who used the conversion rules from the dragon mags and who liked using psionics. It was a real blast playing in the city state of Tyr with 3rd edition and experimental gestalt rules. Encountering psionic streetgangs who bully with their mind was a real eye opener to the power of a psionics filled world. Be wary and give players higher than 2nd level PC's to start with. Otherwise they will end up in the dead book in no time.

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  14:26:50  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will problably will master a mini-campaign in Athas later. Players will be of level 3 like mentioned in the second editon setting :)
Go to Top of Page

Bladewind
Master of Realmslore

Netherlands
1280 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2007 :  14:56:43  Show Profile Send Bladewind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You do know Athas is very difficult to reach via planar travel or spelljamming because the Crystal Sphere of Athas is situated in a planar storm of a sort. So it's not easy to explain putting stuff from other worlds on the burning planet, or dropping a realms party into Athas.

Ooh I do love the story of the cataclysm caused by magic gone horribly wrong, defilers and preserver mages, Muls and Thrikreen, the bone (splinter on a natural 1) weapons. Man i wanna join in! Alas

Burningly hot winds...

My campaign sketches

Druidic Groves

Creature Feature: Giant Spiders
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000