Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Apparently Hoar's been visiting California
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  05:51:17  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21774505-2,00.html

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  11:09:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, now that is a great tale!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TobyKikami
Learned Scribe

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  13:28:43  Show Profile  Visit TobyKikami's Homepage Send TobyKikami a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's just excellent.
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  13:45:46  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thunder
Thunder
Thunder!

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  15:38:17  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

While it does seem appropriate, I always thought Hoar worked in somewhat, ah - slower ways. :)

Also - it appears that the man wanted to end the relationship (whatever kind it was) and as they were arguing - it seems likely that the woman did not also want that. So - in some small way - I do feel some empathy for her - having been through such an event - and both not being able to have closure with the man, as well as losing someone who she presumably cared for.

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2007 :  20:42:43  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of course it's never truly funny when anybody dies, but it does show that someone out there has a twisted sense of humour.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  00:07:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Of course it's never truly funny when anybody dies, but it does show that someone out there has a twisted sense of humour.

Ditto.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

eldritchknight
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2007 :  04:30:04  Show Profile  Visit eldritchknight's Homepage Send eldritchknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sad thing is I lived there in the Valley about 10 years ago.

Still, is sad that someone died.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000