Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 2nd Ed. Conversion to 3.5
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umari24
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2007 :  18:16:16  Show Profile  Visit umari24's Homepage Send umari24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I recently got a couple of old 2nd Ed supplements to FR and I was wondering how I could convert them to 3.5. It is task that is a bit daunting to a newbie! LOL! I got Maztica, Lands of Intrigue, and the Horde. Thank you in advance everyone!

Edited by - umari24 on 31 Jan 2007 18:17:14

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2007 :  18:47:56  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-- A lot of elements have been converted in published 3E materials.

-- To do it yourself, there's the 2nd-to-3rd conversion manual coupled with the v.3.5 System Reference Document, but you need to be familiar with both systems to do it reliably. (At which point it becomes needless as you can approximate it on the fly.)

-- But what exactly do you want to convert? Pointless to do the whole books. Are you sure you need to convert anything?

Edited by - Faraer on 31 Jan 2007 18:48:52
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2007 :  22:04:23  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of the information in the LoI and Horde resources are done in the old "short form" stat blocks, meaning they list characters as Name/Race/Gender/Class/Level/Alignment, and thats about it, and in general those short form stats really don't need to be altered any.

Maztica might be a little more daunting, because they introduced some new class/kits with unique spells. The 2nd eiditon conversion manual Faraer linked to has some guidelines for converting spells, though its kind of an imprecise outline of how to do it.

Dragon Magazine #315 has 3.5 prestige class versions of the Eagle Knight and the Jaguar Knight from Maztica, and Dragon #349 has updated information on the Horde region, and there is also an online supplement to the article available here:

http://paizo.com/dragon/news#v5748eaic9kbw
Go to Top of Page

umari24
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2007 :  23:37:52  Show Profile  Visit umari24's Homepage Send umari24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mostly I just wanted to make sure that if I use any of those 2nd ed stuff that they are going to fit in with the current rules. Thanks for the conversion stuff. Dragon magazine...I really need to start getting those. Thanks again!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000