Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mulhorandi Nobles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2006 :  23:38:54  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met,
Does anyone know of a listing of Mulhorandi noble families or at least families of importance? I understand that it is primarily a Theocracy, and noble families may not have had as much clout as in say Waterdeep, but I was hoping to find a listing of noble families.
As always, I apppreciate the help.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  09:00:44  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a small section in the 2nd. Ed. sourcebook Old Empires dedicated to the nobility. It states that it, the nobility, consists out of 3 major categories: bureaucrats, wizards and priests. Thereby the priests are almost always decendants of incarnations of various deities, which are known as the divine houses. The houses are usually referred to by their Thayvian names, as listed below:

House of Horus-Re: House of Helcaliant
House of Thoth: House of Tholaunt
House of Osiris: House of Osriant
House of Anhur: House of Ramathant

To noble titles it sais:
People who are recognized as nobles are referred to as 'Lords', while their spouses or chosen concubines are referred to as 'Ladies'.
Provincial governors and the rulers of cities titles are: 'Precepts'.
Incarnations are referred to as: 'Divine Precepts'.
The major honors given in Mulhorand are bureaucratic positions. Such titles might be: 'Keeper of the Royal Comb', 'Master of the Pharaoh's Horse', etc.
Wizards are referred to as: 'Lord Wizards' or 'Lord High Wizards', if they belongto the priesthood of Thoth.
Priests are referred to as: 'Lord Priests' and important priests as 'Lord High Priests'.

All these titles are not hereditary.

For more info see the sourcebook mentionend above.

Hope that helps a little.

Ergdusch

Edit note: Don't know how the development of the last years has changed all that. However, the FRCS does not mention any drastic changes in society (except for the newly established equality betwenn the sexes).

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 29 Nov 2006 09:07:23
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  16:01:40  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really appreciate it Ergdusch, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  18:55:48  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well then, glad to be of service.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000