Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Most Powerful Warrior in the Realms...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  20:08:42  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Delete Topic
We had a topic in here already about who would be the most powerful spellcaster. So my question is who would be the best fighter on Faerun?

(Don't say Drizzt Do'Urden coz we all know he's good and everything but the drow ranger isn't that great in terms of D&D)

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  20:22:03  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message
Dove Falconhand perhaps?

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  20:48:57  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message
I think it deppends on who you consider a warrior. There are potent rangers and theives in Faerun, as well as paladins and assassin-types. They all use weapons, but are they all "warriors?" Also, just being able to fight well doesn't insure victory. Warriors, like spellcasters, depend on magic, they just have it in their gear. Enchanted armor and weapons give many of the most skilled fighters an advantage over others, and it can be difficult to tell if someone is just very good or has nice magical items. Because of this, it isn't easy to tell who's the "best." Probally the fighter with the highest level, if you use the stats given in various books, due to the fact that higher-level fighters are simply more skillful; that's pretty much what gaining levels is, becomeing better at what you do.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

Roewyn
Learned Scribe

114 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  21:51:58  Show Profile  Visit Roewyn's Homepage Send Roewyn a Private Message
Azoun, Zaknafain, Drizzt, Jarlaxle, Entreri
There maybe many I don't know for there are warriors everywhere
Go to Top of Page

DrizztDoUrden
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  22:50:07  Show Profile  Visit DrizztDoUrden's Homepage Send DrizztDoUrden a Private Message
Perhaps Ryld Argith or Valas Hune are the best warriors in Faerun. There are many great warriors in the Realms

I've sparred with demons from the Nine Hells themselves, I shall barely break a sweat here today
- Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Teflon
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2004 :  23:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Teflon's Homepage Send Teflon a Private Message
The Reaper aka Shuruppka Epic level fighter
Chosen of Gilgeam, IMO he defines assassin

In any battle, the mightiest weapon is one that strikes unseen.

A Warrior or Wizard may be invincible in open battle, with their foes before them, but even they must sleep sometime, and cannot parry the knife that comes from behind.

-The life of a assassin.
Go to Top of Page

Maskanodel
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  01:33:48  Show Profile  Visit Maskanodel's Homepage Send Maskanodel a Private Message
As Teflon said, I think Lord Shurruppak is probably the most powerful warrior. In game terms, he has 20 levels of Fighter plus levels in rogue and wizard for a overall level of 30. Plus, he's insane, making him exteremyl unpredictable in battle and the whatnot.

Ill Met On The River Of Dreams...
Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  01:57:25  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message
I aggree, Shurruppak the Reaper of Unther most be the top dog. The leader of the Nar tribes was a lvl 30 fighter in 2nd edition days. He would be up there as well.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  04:17:55  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message
Hmmm... I've never heard of him. Can anyone give me some info on him?

Sourcemaster, when I use the term "warrior", I guess its for non-magic users. As for finding out who's the best, it's really not that hard. If I pit Drizzt Do'Urden against a common watch officer, it's quite obvious who's going to win, right? Yes, magical items are a major factor but it's the same as in the topic of "the best spell-caster".

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  04:45:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Hmmm... I've never heard of him. Can anyone give me some info on him?

Sourcemaster, when I use the term "warrior", I guess its for non-magic users. As for finding out who's the best, it's really not that hard. If I pit Drizzt Do'Urden against a common watch officer, it's quite obvious who's going to win, right? Yes, magical items are a major factor but it's the same as in the topic of "the best spell-caster".

DDH_101, if you've got a copy of the ELH, flip to the appendix on FR characters.
Also, if you've got a copy of ToB with cheats enabled, try generating item "plat22".
Go to Top of Page

Sourcemaster2
Senior Scribe

USA
361 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  05:28:51  Show Profile  Visit Sourcemaster2's Homepage Send Sourcemaster2 a Private Message
Even excluding magic items, there is much to consider. A fighter is a great warrior in direct confrontation, but a thief can kill quickly and effectively from the shadows. It then becomes very difficult to decide who is better, unless you choose what you are basing that on. Many characters can defeat a lot of enemies, but are themselves vulnerable in other ways. If you judge one character directly against another of the same class, just go by level, but otherwise you can't really prove it one way or another, unless there is a great difference in levels.

But what have all the passing years/Done, but breed new angers, fears?/Show me now an equal worth/To innocence I earned at birth.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  05:31:51  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message
Arivia, I know of the item. But there isn't much info on the actual person.

BTW, what's ELH?

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  05:36:51  Show Profile
quote:

Arivia, I know of the item. But there isn't much info on the actual person.

BTW, what's ELH?

The Epic Level Handbook.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  19:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message
Can't even hazard a guess as to the toughest combatant in the Realms, as there's too many factors to consider.

That said (and following the literal translation of the topic), the most powerful warrior in the Realms is most logically the Regent Princess Alusair Nacacia of Cormyr. After all, she's the titular head of one of the most powerful countries on the continent, which grants her far more power than her sword arm alone.

Steven
Who's too much an English teacher to not use grammar as a way to make a point.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  20:57:03  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message
Steven, when I made this topic, I wanted to know who was the most powerful in terms of combat, not social or political powers.

Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  21:29:59  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message
Oh! Don't forget Hamsetis. He was the one who was a slave in Thay and beat a Dracolich with a Quarterstaff once.

He's the leader of the Fangs of Set now. He was around lvl 30 as well in 2nd edition days.

A wise man from Calimport once told me: "If a merchant puts sand in the flask of oil he's trying to sell you, then he isn't trying to sell you sand..."
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  23:26:43  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message
Cherrn, in 3E, Hamsetis is only a level 17 fighter and a level 5 assassin.

Go to Top of Page

Cherrn
Learned Scribe

Denmark
323 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2004 :  23:55:59  Show Profile Send Cherrn a Private Message
Blah they ruined him :(

He's still good though.

Go to Top of Page

zhentar reborn
Acolyte

34 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2004 :  00:51:33  Show Profile  Visit zhentar reborn's Homepage Send zhentar reborn a Private Message
Yaman Khanan - chosen of Tempus anyone? KIA

The dearly departed King Azoun IV KIA

so that leaves..........

The High Blade of Mulmaster!!!!!

But if I know my FR, it probably some do-good, stick-in-the-mud Harper

Think what you've always thought, and you'll be what you've always been.
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2004 :  14:25:56  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message
2 words: Thibbledorf Pwent. He may not be the highest lvl ftr, and by no means is he the smartest or most carismatic but he can kill you with his friggin helmet. His armor is razor sharp and I dont even think he carrys around a weapon(other than his armor).

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  16:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message
Hmm... I'd have to go with Shuruppak as well. A pity Naergoth Bladelord and Grand Duke Eltan got nerfed in the transition to 3E (okay, they were just 22nd-level fighters, which doesn't match against Shuruppak Ftr20/Rog3/Wiz7, but even so...).

But if we take into account dead people, then Coronal Eltargrim (Myth Drannor's ruler, a F25/W19 high elven mage) would hand Shuruppak his head.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  17:35:36  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message
Can anyone post some info and stats on Shuruppak? I don't know anything about him other than seeing his armour appear in ToB.

Go to Top of Page

Teflon
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  19:10:06  Show Profile  Visit Teflon's Homepage Send Teflon a Private Message
His weapon is a +4 keen unholy vorpal greatsword; a natural 20 and off goes the head, I would give him the edge on anyone even Eltagrim, but anyways.

Heres some info on him, I'm not to sure about posting his exact stats from the book, It violates copyright I think. But heres a portion.

The former Chosen of Gilgeam, Shuruppak is still a force to be reckoned with in Unther, even since his patron deity's demise. While Gilgeam still lived, Shuruppak was an assassin, the enforcer of Gilgeam's will and law. Known as "the Reaper," he wandered among the cities of Unther, killing anyone he identified as an enemy of Gilgeam. Even in those days, he was a psychopath prone to fits of extreme violence; since Gilgeam's death, he has lost any vestige of sanity he still possessed. Shuruppak still wears the garb of his former office: black robes and a hood adorned with a magical red skull mast that covers the top half of his face. He seems to revel in the terror his appearance causes among the natives of Unther whom he terrorized for so long. Despite the fact that he is considered an outlaw against the occupying forces of Mulhorand, he travels freely through both free and occupied Unther, no one daring to law a hand on him. He is being actively courted by both the church of Tiamat and the Red Wizards of Thay, both of whom would like to see Unther again regain its independence from Mulhorand. He seems reluctant to have anything to do with the goddess who killed his patron, and he has recieved the Thayans no more warmly. He remains a wild card in the complex political schemes that will shape Unther's future.

A Warrior or Wizard may be invincible in open battle, with their foes before them, but even they must sleep sometime, and cannot parry the knife that comes from behind.

-The life of a assassin.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  20:06:56  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message
Violate copyrights? That's the first time I heard someone worry about that...

So Shuruppak is still alive in Unther but he's insane right now?

Go to Top of Page

Teflon
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2004 :  21:15:37  Show Profile  Visit Teflon's Homepage Send Teflon a Private Message
Yeah he still roams around Unther and hes lost all of his pervious sanity.

-The life of a assassin.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2004 :  00:09:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:

Violate copyrights? That's the first time I heard someone worry about that...

I've seen it come up. Below is Alaundo's comments on the subject:

quote:

Emailing material to another member is no problem as it is between two personalities and not shared on the web. However, posting the information on the forum is permitted within reason. You must use the "Quote" function and state the source of the information. Even then, only sparse information should be given, not full sections of text

Go to Top of Page

Michele
Acolyte

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  00:33:36  Show Profile  Visit Michele's Homepage Send Michele a Private Message
ABORDABE, Leader of the greatest tribe in Narfell.
30th level fighter, 'nuff said.

But I'll give all my odds to Eltan of the Flaming Fist mercenary company, as it was described in the 1st edition grey box. WHOAH!!!

Go to Top of Page

Michele
Acolyte

Italy
2 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2004 :  00:36:47  Show Profile  Visit Michele's Homepage Send Michele a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by zhentar reborn

Yaman Khanan - chosen of Tempus anyone? KIA

Are Yamun Kahan's stats listed anywhere?
Go to Top of Page

Alparon
Seeker

Turkey
67 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2004 :  20:13:24  Show Profile  Visit Alparon's Homepage Send Alparon a Private Message
Duke Eltan????
well was he so great he could step up against Sarevok

if he is not just a game character Balthazar is a truly effective warrior(is he not?)

I am Cyric, the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue, Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, Cyric-on-a-stick, and known to some as "the Mad God." I welcome you to The Land of the Dead...
Go to Top of Page

Lord Teclis
Acolyte

United Kingdom
24 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  18:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Lord Teclis's Homepage Send Lord Teclis a Private Message
I would suggest Zaknafien Do'Urden (I know that he is now dead). Level 24th Fighter, massive SR (SR35) and more attacks per round than more or less any other stat'ed fighter except (funnily) Drizzt. He also had an intelligence of 16 so he was also a great tactician.
Go to Top of Page

Corran Horn
Seeker

54 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2006 :  19:06:45  Show Profile  Visit Corran Horn's Homepage Send Corran Horn a Private Message
16 does not make him great tactican. IMO the best warrior is Fflar.
Eltan is ''only'' 20. I could name couple more powerfull guys.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000