Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Using models
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2003 :  09:32:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or maybe something along the lines of -

"Thank Torm that the Orc siege is finally over"

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2003 :  01:14:13  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone, besides possibly Sage, interested in more examples of this guy's work? I've finished going through all the pictures, and I have saved the best (which is most) of them to my computer. They are really something, and I think that it shows a wonderful use of LEGOs for D&D modeling. I don't think he actually meant it for D&D, but it might as well have been. There's one, called "The Temple of the Dragon," that looks like a wonderful model for a lair of the Cult of the Dragon. A bit on the small side, but it really looks like something that belongs in a tabletop game.

It also shows some pretty good use of monsters in here. Besides a wonderful asortment of dragons (including a juvenile black), there's an ogre in one, that (unlike the troll figure from the Harry Potter sets) actually moves. There's also a treant, as well as a large griffin.

If anyone is interested in looking at the best examples of this, and doesn't have time to wade through all the pictures, I can post links to what I think are the best examples of the utility of LEGOs in this manner. And not just with this guy, either; I know of some others that have some good models. Artalis, if you're reading this, I'm sure you'd be interested in some models one guy did of some LotR stuff. Bag End, the Prancing Pony, and Helm's Deep. All, I might add, posted before the movies ever came out.

Let me know. If not, I'll only say that you're missing out on what I think to be a wonderful medium for storytelling. I hadn't thought, until I saw that dragon I linked to, that it would be all that good for D&D modeling. Now, though -- now, if I ever join a tabletop, I think I'll suggest that LEGOs be employed. The possiblilities are wonderful.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Canyia
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  06:14:59  Show Profile  Visit Canyia's Homepage Send Canyia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me and my boyfriend are cheap-asses so we just print out the paper fold up things. I've thought about getting some of the chainmail things but their availability around here is almost non-existant. The only place I know of that sells decent D&D stuff is all the way across town from me and I'm just too damned lazy to go there. I am now seriously getting mad at my mother for getting rid of my legos after reading this thread though. Heck, if I still had them I could see myself playing with them just for the heck of it because I'm such a loser. *sobs* I used to be cool...

Some people say that I'm heartless. They are wrong though,I have the heart of a little girl . . .in a jar on my desk.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2003 :  08:29:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then, Canyia, welcome to Loserville -- population: us.

Next time we talk to each other over the Ethereal Network, remind me to tell you of the things my friends and I are doing. I bet you'll find them interesting. And you might even go out to the nearest toy store and buy some of your own . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000