Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Undead Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2006 :  22:54:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
To all you rules-types: Would the 'disruption' ability of a magic weapon allow it to affect incorporeal creatures - assuming it doesn't have 'ghost touch'? Just curious is all ...

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2006 :  23:14:08  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

To all you rules-types: Would the 'disruption' ability of a magic weapon allow it to affect incorporeal creatures - assuming it doesn't have 'ghost touch'? Just curious is all ...

-- George Krashos

You'd only have a 50% chance of hiting an Incorperal with a Disruption weapon but if you hit it would work as normal a Ghost touch AND Disrupting weapon would work on a ghost everytime you hit (50% chance is ignored)

Im sure Arvia will be along shortly to correct me if Im wrong!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2006 :  23:23:54  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

-- George Krashos

You'd only have a 50% chance of hiting an Incorperal with a Disruption weapon but if you hit it would work as normal a Ghost touch AND Disrupting weapon would work on a ghost everytime you hit (50% chance is ignored)

Im sure Arvia will be along shortly to correct me if Im wrong!

Yep you are correct.

A Disruption weapon has the same chances as any other Magic Weapon to affect an incorporeal undead, unless it has Ghost Touch or Ghost Strike (Libris Mortis), Ghost Strike is neat in that it allows Crits and Sneak Attacks vs Incorporeal Undead, it is a +2 bonus and only allows the Crits and Sneak Attack vs Incorporeal Undead, but still a thing to have.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2006 :  23:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

Dargoth and warlockco are right. The only thing I have to add is that the writeup of the incorporeal subtype in the 3.5MM is outdated; there's some errata to it included in Libris Mortis and MMIII.

EDIT: Oh, and damn you Dargoth and warlockco to beating me to my job!

Edited by - Arivia on 12 Feb 2006 23:41:58
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2006 :  01:29:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank-you all - it's as I thought. I'll have to re-think some stuff.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2006 :  01:39:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank-you all - it's as I thought. I'll have to re-think some stuff.

-- George Krashos

Are you looking for something specific? I might have an alternative for you, but I don't know what it is you're looking for...
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2006 :  03:02:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Naaah, I was the one trying to come up with an alternative (with Mr Boyd's help) but it don't work. I'll re-evaluate and see what happens. This creative stuff is such a drag sometimes!

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000