Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 I need stats for a cheese :O
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  01:06:20  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, I found this in a Swedish parody-game, and I rather liked it. So - anyone care to help me give it its stats? (I've translated the text in case not everyone on Candlekeep speak Swedish)

Gorgonzola
A gorgonzola is a mutated cheese that crawls around in caveways and labyrinths. It looks most like a shapeless pasty-yellow and green-spotted lump. The gorgonzola is the result of a forgotten cheese that's been left in particularly moist and mildewy cave-tunnels. Mildew attacks the cheese, and the fungi eventually develops its own intelligence and ability to move - it simplys starts crawling around by itself.

Its strong smell attracts various prey, which it then attacks by falling down on or suddenly engulf. Thereafter it quickly starts eating the victim by sucking cells into its and replacing them with silicate waste-products - simply put, it petrifies the victim. The process is long and painful - it takes hours before a gorgonzola has snacked up a whole adventurer. A gorgonzola doesn't defend itself. It is gruesomely hard to kill, and it immediately attacks everything organic that touches it. The best way of getting rid of it is to drown it in alcohol and/or setting it on fire.

Advantages: Can't be hurt except by alcohol and fire.
Disadvantages: Stupid, Slow.
Weapons: Petrify-attack: Does One point of Whoop-ass damage per round if it touches skin. Leather armours are eaten through at one point of Protection per round.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 28 Nov 2005 01:17:32

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  01:16:26  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a cool creature - nothing better than some Gorgonzola creeping through Undermountain!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  01:18:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"In the kitchen, no one can hear you scream!"

I'm not sure how I would stat something like this, but I must admit it's an intriguing idea. I'd love to include something like this in my annual April Fool's Day one-shot adventure.

There are fungus-based creatures, so there is always the possibly that something like this "could" happen... I'm sorry I don't have anything more productive to add.

Thanks for the idea though Kaje .

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  01:21:23  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, credit where credit is due: Rävsvans Förlag

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 28 Nov 2005 01:21:40
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  01:22:29  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, sounds like an ooze to me. Well not ready to stat it some ideas.

Non inteligent

Contact poison, to paralyzed, each round of contact save DC increases by one,
Movement 10 or perhaps even 5 foot per round. Can not be flanked.

It appears there is DR 10/alcohol or fire.

Also treat contact as acid to get though metal armor.

Perhaps something like ablity (EX) Armor eating on contact each round reduces the AC of Armor by one point, if AC is reduced to 0 armor consumed.

You could up DR value, but the creature clearly would be acid resistant or inmune. It must have some abilty to keep faster moving food not moving.

The targets must have some chance of escaping being killed, though sometimes things like that require aid from others already.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 28 Nov 2005 18:53:16
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  14:01:47  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hmm, sounds like an ooze to me. Well not ready to stat it some ideas.

The same I was thinking, it is strongly familiar to the oozes and jellys, I think Ghaundaur would be the proper patron deity then...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  15:14:15  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It could also be a living spell based off of the Create Food and Water spell that had gone awry.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  15:27:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<<It could also be a living spell based off of the Create Food and <<Water spell that had gone awry.

Lol, a living spell that combines create food and water, putrify food and drink, and unseen servant to hurl it about...... narsty

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Belthor
Seeker

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2005 :  18:35:15  Show Profile  Visit Belthor's Homepage Send Belthor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Kajehase, this thing bears a remarkable resemblance to something I found crawiling around the dairy drawer of my fridge a while ago......

If the rest of humanity were only as smart as my familiar......
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2005 :  10:12:04  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here I thought I'd never get to use my Fork of Fondue +3!
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2005 :  17:05:39  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Killer cheese......What`s next? Fiendish cucumber?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2005 :  18:54:29  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cucumbers are better than npcs

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2005 :  00:49:15  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my idea for the stats (which I'll work on in more detail when I'm not half-asleep) - use the Myconid from Monster Manual II, and apply the gelatinous-template from Savage Species on it. With a few minor changes in movement-rate and attacks, it should come fairly close.

Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 30 Nov 2005 00:49:39
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2005 :  13:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, scary cheese. Makes me not want to eat this ham and cheese sandwich here. Maybe I will anyway...

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2005 :  14:38:34  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Here's my idea for the stats (which I'll work on in more detail when I'm not half-asleep) - use the Myconid from Monster Manual II, and apply the gelatinous-template from Savage Species on it. With a few minor changes in movement-rate and attacks, it should come fairly close.

I was thinking more of the Shambling Mound, that would it might already have a slow movement, and it's form already lends itself to a big goop of cheese.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2005 :  18:19:21  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have to give the gooda smell! And do not forget cheese sweats!

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000