Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Dungeon #127: Dungeon of the Crypt (Spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2005 :  19:01:58  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, I admit it. I liked alot of the background to "Blood of Malar" last issue, but as an adventure it didn't feel like a complete affair, more like a prolonged encounter, that, if you didn't run it within the context of the Vampires of Waterdeep arc would seem like a "What in the Nine Hells just happened" moment. Which I don't object to actually.

But put in context with this installment of the arc, it is a great lead in. Not only do we get some interesting background on the Dungeon of the Crypt, some nice Realmslore concerning its creation and inhabitants, but we also get a neat little running plot switch going on in the middle of a logically place high level dungeon crawl.

I wholeheartedly encourage anyone that has any interest in Waterdeep to pick this one up and take a look at it, even if you don't specifically plan on running the adventure for your PCs. The NPCs could definately be used to cause other mischief in Waterdeep, as most of them have some neat ties to power groups in the city. And the maps and encounter charts for the Dungeon of the Crypt are great for anyone that wants a dungeon crawl in Waterdeep but is tired of running into Halaster's domain.

Nice work all the way around Eric! Thanks.

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2005 :  15:54:34  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you liked it!

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000