Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Wyvern's Spur: Elemental Empire
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tremaine
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2005 :  15:02:06  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all I'm re-reading the Wyvern's Spur, I'm on chapter 4 where Giogi is playing a card game called Elemental Empire with his friends I was just wondering if any of you could give me more info on it thank you. It looks like a fun Game to play

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2005 :  16:30:29  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been a while since I read The Wyvern's Spur, but I thoroughly enjoyed the novel Tremaine, can you elaborate on this particular scene? Does it mention anything about how it's being played? or what is shown on the cards etc?

This has sparked something off that I've been meaning to ask Ed ::runs off to the Chamber of Sages::

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 13 Aug 2005 16:30:49
Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2005 :  17:08:41  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Lord Rad

It involves a pair of ivory dice and hidden/unhidden Talis cards for the players. Each card has something to do with the four elements Fire,Earth,Air,Water I think some cards are major and some are minor

All of the cards have got pictures on one has the primary flame-that means it's a guarded assassin another one is a moon which is a very lucky card I think

each unused card you got in you hand doubles the price of a new card if you want to improve you hand hand

it's on page 44-46 of the book if you want to look it up
Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2005 :  10:42:55  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been reading more of Wyvern's Spur and Olive has found a backgammon board on p151 it be interest into finding out who introduced backgammon into the realms

oh and what other games can you play with a Talis cards?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000