Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Citadels Series
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  17:14:21  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdGentry

3) I will be offering a contest, available only to those here at Candlekeep, to win a signed copy of the book completely free of charge. More details on this very soon.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support. To those who give the book a try, thank you and I hope you enjoy it.

you are the man!

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2007 :  18:15:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, tell us about the contest as soon as possible.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  04:36:57  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two contest updates:

1) Given the upcoming holiday and the travel plans of potential entrants, I've extended the contest until next Monday, 11/26 at noon EST.
2) I am eliminating the original question #2, reducing the contest to four questions. This will not change the standings or chances of anyone who has already entered.

The contest questions and new dates are updated below.

Thanks to all who enter!

The questions for this contest all pertain to my first published short story "Freedom's Promise," which is in the Realms of the Dragons II anthology for the Forgotten Realms setting.

Contest Rules:
Please send a private message to me here on Candlekeep (no emails please) with your answers to the four questions below (or as many of them as you can answer) by no later than 12pm noon (EST) on Monday November 26, 2007. Please only enter once. Give it a shot!

A grand prize winner will be randomly drawn from those who answer all five questions correctly (if more than one). The winner will be announced Tuesday November 27th. I will contact the winner and arrange for delivery of a free, signed copy.

Contest Questions:
1. Name the imp summoned by Aniolon Gruanthe.
2. Who is Ronatsinaderin?
3. Who edited Realms of the Dragons II?
4. List all the authors published in Realms of the Dragons II?

http://www.edgentry.com

Edited by - EdGentry on 19 Nov 2007 13:28:29
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2007 :  05:57:21  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a bump to remind everyone to get their answers in for the contest!

Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2007 :  20:59:30  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can actually announce the winner, chosen at random from all entrants, now. Thanks to everyone who entered!

*drumroll*

Congratulations Xysma! Please PM me with your address information and to whom I should address the autograph.

I am investigating what would be involved with an e-signing for anyone else who might be interested. I'll announce any details here.

Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest and to Candlekeep for hosting it. FR writers are lucky to have a community like this.

The book comes out tomorrow officially! I look forward to hearing the thoughts of any readers in the Book Club section Alaundo was kind enough to start!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2007 :  22:55:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Congratulations indeed! I assume our winning novel enthusiast, Xysma, will be posting his comments in the Book Club in due course too

The pleasure was all ours, Ed. Many thanks for opening this competition up and giving the chance to us here at Candlekeep.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ashlock
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  14:06:50  Show Profile  Visit Ashlock's Homepage Send Ashlock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today Neversfall should be out. Go get it, people!

Edited by - Ashlock on 27 Nov 2007 14:07:47
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  18:18:33  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My own local bookstores don't have it yet. I'd be curious to hear if others were able to find it.

Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2007 :  21:09:42  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

My own local bookstores don't have it yet. I'd be curious to hear if others were able to find it.

Congrats on your first novel Ed!!

I went out this morning and bought Neversfall at my local Barnes&Noble (I arrived early so it wasn't on the shelves yet, but I had somebody find it in the back for me), they also had it at the Borders store that I went to. I also picked up Crypt of the Moaning Diamond(Dungeons#4) by Rosemary Jones.

Now I just need to finish the series I'm currently reading so I can get started with these!

Any Lone Wolf fans? Old school gamebooks from the 80's? They are being re-released/updated, and new books 29-32 being written: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/novels/lonewolfsolo.html

Forgotten Realms BOOKS owned: ALL of them! (ebooks?...NONE! ever)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  01:47:56  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I might head to the bookstore tomorrow to pick these new releases up.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  03:08:13  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great news hawky! Thanks for sharing.

Please do Rino!

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  05:42:49  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can actually announce the winner, chosen at random from all entrants, now. Thanks to everyone who entered!

*drumroll*

Congratulations Xysma! Please PM me with your address information and to whom I should address the autograph.

I am investigating what would be involved with an e-signing for anyone else who might be interested. I'll announce any details here.

Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest and to Candlekeep for hosting it. FR writers are lucky to have a community like this.

The book comes out tomorrow officially! I look forward to hearing the thoughts of any readers in the Book Club section Alaundo was kind enough to start!

As I mentioned in the PM I sent you, I've been bedridden for the past couple of days with a virus. I got pretty lucky, my wife was far more ill than I and my father and grandfather actually ended up in the hospital . Everyone is back to normal now, and I return to Candlekeep to find this great news. Thanks Ed.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  16:11:26  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that news, Xysma. I'm glad you are OK and congrats on winning the book.

Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2007 :  19:31:36  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds awful, Xysma. I'm glad you're feeling better. I'll get the book off to you right away!

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  04:56:34  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks RF and Ed, it was definitely not a pleasant experience. Based on "Freedom's Promise" I have been eagerly anticipating this one.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000