Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Jarlaxle Meet Artemis?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2007 :  16:49:25  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What novel did they meet in?

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2007 :  18:28:18  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They met in the Legacy of the Drow series.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

riot the outsider
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2007 :  19:03:09  Show Profile Send riot the outsider a Private Message  Reply with Quote
what artemis ?

Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do. http://s13.gladiatus.com/game/c.php?uid=67846

Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2007 :  19:05:06  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by riot the outsider

what artemis ?

Artemis Entreri.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  01:15:30  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I read the brief part of Artemis in Menzo.... so which book tells the tale of how Jarlaxle obtains the crystal shard?

Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Karzak
Learned Scribe

196 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  01:32:51  Show Profile  Visit Karzak's Homepage Send Karzak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by riot the outsider

what artemis ?

The Greek goddess of hunting and the moon, twin sister to Apollo.

If Entreri ever spawns a son, he should totally name the kid something like Athena, Eurydice or maybe Persephone. Manly, manly names.

Edited by - Karzak on 29 Nov 2007 01:42:26
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  08:34:55  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wenin

Ok, so I read the brief part of Artemis in Menzo.... so which book tells the tale of how Jarlaxle obtains the crystal shard?

There should be plenty of book descriptions of Bob's novels on the web. You might best start any search for info on realms novels at the Forgotten Realms Library or simply run a search on any engine and you should come up with the info you seek....

To answer your question straight away - Jarlaxle obtains the crystal shard in the novel 'Servant of the Shard', book 3 of the Path of Darkness Series and simultaniously book 1 of the Sellswords Trilogy.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 29 Nov 2007 08:36:48
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  14:18:53  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought Jarlaxle got a hold of the crystal shard near the end of Silent Blade (book 1, Paths of Darkness) and that Servant of the Shard dealt with the afer effects of the aquisition. I could be wrong, it has been a while since I read either book.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  16:54:51  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He DOES get the shard in Silent Blade.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2007 :  21:09:28  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Lady Fellshot, and Alisttair.

Ergdusch, I wanted to avoid reading summaries of all the stories, to find which one would mention that it covered Jarlaxle obtaining the Crystal Shard. I want some story elements to be discoverable. =)

Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2007 :  17:56:24  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Fellshot

I thought Jarlaxle got a hold of the crystal shard near the end of Silent Blade (book 1, Paths of Darkness) and that Servant of the Shard dealt with the afer effects of the aquisition. I could be wrong, it has been a while since I read either book.

My appologies - I stand corrected...

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000