Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Greater Mummy Wikipedia Article
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Setepsutekh
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  03:58:54  Show Profile  Visit Setepsutekh's Homepage Send Setepsutekh a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've written a small article on the Greater Mummy for the encyclopedia site and I thought I'd let you know and I'd like to see your opinions on it, bear in mind that this is the first piece of real writing that I've done in ages so it may not be like reading Shakespeare .

Article in question:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Mummy

"And so the creature was imprisoned and his tomb cast out into the desert, never would the Scourge of the Sands threaten the lands of Mulhorand...(the rest is worn away)

- Ancient hieroglyphics found amid the ruins of the Raurin Desert

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  04:13:30  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A nice first effort.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  06:09:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed. I often add to the many of the PS and DL articles on Wikipedia, as well as some of real-life mythology entries -- mostly relating to Egyptian, Babylonian, and Chinese beliefs.

Do you plan to cover any other 'undead' aspects?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Setepsutekh
Acolyte

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2005 :  17:22:16  Show Profile  Visit Setepsutekh's Homepage Send Setepsutekh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I may cover other D&D undead not featured as yet, I'll wait and see on that. Thanks to any of you who praise that piece, and if you think it could have been better or have any other opinion feel free to air it.

"And so the creature was imprisoned and his tomb cast out into the desert, never would the Scourge of the Sands threaten the lands of Mulhorand...(the rest is worn away)

- Ancient hieroglyphics found amid the ruins of the Raurin Desert
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  15:41:52  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's great! I knew about Wikipedia, but I didn't know that anybody could write an article for it! But your entry is really nice. I don't play 3.5E, I play 3E, and I though that the Mummy Lord was just an advanced mummy with a template added to it. I didn't realize that it had a whole background! It's great that you could fill us 3E players in on stuff like that.

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  03:12:43  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed it is an impressive article.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  17:00:41  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An impressive piece of writing. Good job. Clarifies the subject in perfect detail.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000