Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Commander's Notebook - Ryld Argith
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  10:39:23  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm not one for mini's but this new article over at WotC caught my eye as it features none other than Ryld Argith of War of the Spider Queen fame:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mi/20041202a

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  14:12:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Score!

Nice catch, Rad . I've been waiting for this article for a while now.

Thanks for the link.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  14:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm disappointed that there is no Realms relevance to this article. It's basically just a bunch of stats, which i'm sure appeals to those using mini's, but I just expected a little more at a first glance at the article title.

Lord Rad

Edited by - Lord Rad on 03 Dec 2004 14:33:07
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  16:54:57  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

I'm disappointed that there is no Realms relevance to this article. It's basically just a bunch of stats, which i'm sure appeals to those using mini's, but I just expected a little more at a first glance at the article title.

Well in fairness to WOTC, if their marketing tells them that the vast majority of purchasers for these minis are interested in just that, stats only...

Besides when did Ryld have any time, before he you know what, to pose for a mini? I suspect doppleganger.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  18:09:04  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Well in fairness to WOTC, if their marketing tells them that the vast majority of purchasers for these minis are interested in just that, stats only...

Besides when did Ryld have any time, before he you know what, to pose for a mini? I suspect doppleganger.

Oh I agree, mini's ARE about stats , but i'd just have liked to have seen something with a Realms mention in this article

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  02:16:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh I agree, mini's ARE about stats , but i'd just have liked to have seen something with a Realms mention in this article

Perhaps we should write up our own interpretation of the WotC Marketing Policy, just for a laugh. It should be fairly simple to do, just make reference to a lot of stats, PrCs, feats, and the like, and (nearly) everyone should be happy...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  04:46:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Perhaps we should write up our own interpretation of the WotC Marketing Policy, just for a laugh. It should be fairly simple to do, just make reference to a lot of stats, PrCs, feats, and the like, and (nearly) everyone should be happy...

Hey, don't forget to include something about utterly ignoring what customers actually want, especially those who have been customers since TSR was going strong...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  10:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Hey, don't forget to include something about utterly ignoring what customers actually want, especially those who have been customers since TSR was going strong...

Well met

Now now, Wooly Rupert, play nice!

::whispers:: Where do I sign this document?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 04 Dec 2004 10:39:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic