Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Here there be Dragons
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2004 :  05:06:00  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/wn/20041201a

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2004 :  05:52:28  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't say how happy I am to finally see that map make it up onto the WotC site. Sean worked reasonably hard duplicating the 2E map from the old DRAGON magazine, and I'm glad to see that it's now available for all to see.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2004 :  11:28:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, they slid a couple of updates onto the site after I checked last night...

I'm glad to see this one, too. It's a nice end to the Wyrms of the North, and having the map is a very nice thing.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2004 :  17:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice article to finish the series and the map is most useful.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2004 :  23:42:13  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome article.To tell the truth I was upset that The Wyrms of the North series was stopped,but this is a great way to end it.Any chance of having a Wyrms of the south,or east,or west????

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  00:03:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Awesome article.To tell the truth I was upset that The Wyrms of the North series was stopped,but this is a great way to end it.Any chance of having a Wyrms of the south,or east,or west????

There was talk amoung the scribes here of doing a Dragons of the East series, but it kinda fizzled out.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  02:37:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

There was talk amoung the scribes here of doing a Dragons of the East series, but it kinda fizzled out.

Here yes, but the project never quite "fizzled out" at my house. Both the Lady K. and myself have created several size-categories of wyrms inhabiting the eastern reaches of the Realms. Despite the campaign specific information we've included in their write-ups, they could be adapted for use here at Candlekeep. If you want, I can post the ones I've written up (and I'm sure I can persuade the Lady K to do the same)? It might help get the project up and running here again.

What do you say?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  02:51:51  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I say time to put the Draconomicon to good use. So many possibilities with dragons, especially a dragon in the east, but of the East.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  03:25:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Here yes, but the project never quite "fizzled out" at my house. Both the Lady K. and myself have created several size-categories of wyrms inhabiting the eastern reaches of the Realms. Despite the campaign specific information we've included in their write-ups, they could be adapted for use here at Candlekeep. If you want, I can post the ones I've written up (and I'm sure I can persuade the Lady K to do the same)? It might help get the project up and running here again.

What do you say?

Please do! I've now got the Draconomicon, so I can try to dust off my ideas and then see what I can do with them...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  05:13:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Please do!

Very well then. I'll try and have the first dragon I've created, posted here on Monday.

quote:

I've now got the Draconomicon, so I can try to dust off my ideas and then see what I can do with them...

That's good news. I'd like to hear what you thought of the Book of Dragons?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  07:14:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've returned to my own "Wyrms of the East" project in the last week or so and made some progress. Can't say when I'll be finished, but it's shaping up nicely and weaving in lots of disparate realmslore!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  14:11:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I've returned to my own "Wyrms of the East" project in the last week or so and made some progress. Can't say when I'll be finished, but it's shaping up nicely and weaving in lots of disparate realmslore!

-- George Krashos

Good news all round then .

Any hints on those disparate Realmslore references?

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2004 :  18:58:12  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How far East? I have some sketchy notes on dragons of the Dalelands.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  02:21:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

How far East? I have some sketchy notes on dragons of the Dalelands.

Well, for this idea to be "productive" and "workable", I'd suggest that anywhere east of the northern regions that were detailed as part of the Wyrms of the North series would be best. So, the Dalelands should definitely be included in this.

Let's see what you have...

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  04:42:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, so far we have Magisters of Mystra, ancient Raumathar and the clergy of Deneir.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2004 :  06:52:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

Well, so far we have Magisters of Mystra, ancient Raumathar and the clergy of Deneir.

-- George Krashos

The reference to ancient Raumathar sounds particularly intriguing, but I'm also interested in learning more about which Magisters you might have focused on. I know you don't want to reveal anything at this point, but could you at least let us know whether you've focused on the older Magisters, or those of say, the past few centuries?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2004 :  05:01:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very old in fact, but we're not talking Azuth. It was just a few geographic mentions that sat very well together that kicked the whole thing off and the Raumathar aspect comes in laterally.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000