Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Single Player Adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  10:24:53  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello all, am planning out some Single Player Adventure Sessions for the near future and there seem to be a severe lack of SPAs available is it just me or have SPAs been neglected? As well as that, do any o the Dungeon Masters who inhabit this hall like or dislike Single Player Adventures and why? Thanks a lot

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:26:51  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NightElf

Hello all, am planning out some Single Player Adventure Sessions for the near future and there seem to be a severe lack of SPAs available is it just me or have SPAs been neglected? As well as that, do any o the Dungeon Masters who inhabit this hall like or dislike Single Player Adventures and why? Thanks a lot

SPAs can be fun depending upon the situation. They can help a new player who might be overwhelmed by the game in a group situation. Additionally, SPAs provide great roleplaying opportunities if the DM/player are up for it.

What type of character is your player planning to play?
Go to Top of Page

SoulLord
Seeker

Mexico
62 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  16:53:17  Show Profile  Visit SoulLord's Homepage Send SoulLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ive done some SPA when the ocassion warrented it like for example;

when the thief wants to infiltrate the castle to release a prisioner

or when the samuray goes alone to answer a challenge upon his honor.

Things that would be boring for the other players as they have litle to do.

for what kind of player and character are you planning to run a spa?
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:32:13  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the reason that there isnt many SPA's is because D&D is mainly a group activity (well for the most part). I do admit that there should be SPA's out there, but a good idea would be to look in the dmg at the table with the plot ideas, and taking the ones are applicable to a single player adventure.

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  02:43:06  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, my favorite group to DM for isn't a group, it's a single player. I play an NPC. I design most of my adventures, but the published adventures I do use, I just put in a little later than recommended. For example, an adventure designed for four eighth level characters is more or less suitable for two tenth level characters. I realize that with only two, you get less versatility and things are more challenging without the combination of healing spells, arcane spells, stealth, and combat abilities you get from the typical four or five player game. However, with one player, there's more chance for rollplaying and less chaos. Oh, and for players who don't play in a group: get the diplomacy skill.

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000