Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 An odd idea from my brain-box...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  14:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
(technobabble might follow)
I've had an odd thought recently-what would a setting designed along the same lines as a Linux distribution(Gentoo, perhaps, being the best example) be like?(Follow me here, folks)
What I mean, is that the setting is designed in a modular way(with gaming content distributed under the D20 licence, and Product Identity pieces perhaps under the Free Document Licence, or whatever it is?), with both official and unofficial repositories of data(to make a comparison to stable and beta update trees for Linux), with a central group of individuals(likely the creators of the setting) approving what goes into the official lore. Obviously, you could mix and match pieces as you chose to come up with something customized to your ideas...Any thoughts?(I tried to make it as understandable as possible...)

SoulLord
Seeker

Mexico
62 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2004 :  15:38:50  Show Profile  Visit SoulLord's Homepage Send SoulLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There have been simlar efforts runing around the trouble i see with it is that most of the contributors want their contribution to be the best and biggest which might be good for a solo contributor but it disrupts collective efforts.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000