Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WAND silverware
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2022 :  21:36:54  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
KIND OF a realmsian topic, but more of a "Harry Potter" one. I got an idea that for Christmas I wanted to get my wife some silverware to go with her Harry Potter plates, etc... I've found some spoons, and they're "okay", but I'd rather a whole place setting to match.

So, I thought to myself, "surely someone has taken the basic shape of the wands and then stuck a fork or spoon or butter knife implement on the end". I'm checking google and amazon looking for such, and finding nothing. Anyone seen anything like this? I'm half tempted to design 3d models for such, just because it seems like it would be pretty simple... just to share out the idea.... I'd have no way to make actual implements you could use as my own 3d printer sucks and the idea of making a porcelain or pottery version from the 3d printed copy .. not sure how that would do.

Now my mind is spinning on different types of "fantasy flatware" that I could dream up and make in 3d that wouldn't be amazingly hard or over detailed.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2022 :  23:08:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It would depend a lot on the wand. Some wands are elaborate, but some are just sticks.

And even the elaborate ones aren't necessarily going to be recognizable as wands, when you slap the bowl of a spoon or some tines on the end.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2022 :  01:22:41  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but the harry potter wands are more recognizable as wands. The elder wand. Voldemort's wand. harry's wand too. Hermione's, Ginny's, etc... are pretty, but yeah those would be more of a thing where it would make a very pretty design but a lot of people might not realize it's a wand (which some people might like that fact).

Just for grins, I did take someone's fork, spoon, and butterknife that were pretty basic and just replaced the handle with a very basic wand I keep for minis. I know it's not the same, but I wanted to get a basic idea of what it might look like. It's not too bad, but yeah, it's not like the harry potter wands might look (especially because I kept it a uniform thickness). If you want to see it, click below.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5685195

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2022 :  03:01:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I hadn't known those were wands before clicking the link, I wouldn't have realized it from the image. It's an interesting design, but nothing about it says "magic wand" to me. YMMV, of course.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000