Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 [City of Splendors] Khelben's sweet ride?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1294 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2022 :  04:36:12  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello!

Was there ever any explanation given as to how Khelben befriended a Ki-Rin or are we to assume he owns a sprawling estate with all manner of fantastic flying mounts ready to assist this civil servant?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2022 :  11:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Hello!

Was there ever any explanation given as to how Khelben befriended a Ki-Rin or are we to assume he owns a sprawling estate with all manner of fantastic flying mounts ready to assist this civil servant?

Some secrets he chose not to share with us mere mortal scribes, alas.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2022 :  15:32:24  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

Hello!

If you don't mind me asking, did you request cover artwork be created with the ki-rin or was it the decision of marketing or the art department? We have heard from others about how word count limits, editorial decisions, and deadlines have affected the final product. I am just wondering if decisions made by marketing or even the art department did the same thing.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2022 :  21:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

quote:

quote:

Hello!

If you don't mind me asking, did you request cover artwork be created with the ki-rin or was it the decision of marketing or the art department? We have heard from others about how word count limits, editorial decisions, and deadlines have affected the final product. I am just wondering if decisions made by marketing or even the art department did the same thing.

I don't have the original art order for that boxed set in my files, alas; all I can remember is we'd requested he'd be mounted on an aerial steed, and we might have requested a griffon but the artist wanted to do something more interesting (or less like a horse, which that artist hated painting iirc) so we got what you see. That's the bulk of what I can remember about it. I just wish they'd not put that tower behind the figures as it makes them look like they're on a carousel ride…

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1294 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2022 :  21:51:44  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It does add a touch of otherworldliness beyond what a "mere" pegasus (or even an asperii, for that matter) could bestow.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2022 :  23:30:57  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

quote:

quote:

Hello!

I don't have the original art order for that boxed set in my files, alas; all I can remember is we'd requested he'd be mounted on an aerial steed, and we might have requested a griffon but the artist wanted to do something more interesting (or less like a horse, which that artist hated painting iirc) so we got what you see. That's the bulk of what I can remember about it. I just wish they'd not put that tower behind the figures as it makes them look like they're on a carousel ride…

SES

Thank you. I am one of those people who like to hear about how things get done. I guess, if I was a kid in The Realms, I would be the one that would be found sitting and watching the village blacksmith work (or asking the local hedge wizard how magic works).

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000