Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for a Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2022 :  07:45:09  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So Im rebuilding my files after my drive got wiped and Im in need of a map I had of the Realms. It was a zoomable, highly detailed map with a hex grid. The file name that was sent to me was something like HexFaerun 200 or 00TorilMap.

Anyone have it? If so please share it. That map was one of the most useful tools in the world.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
277 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2022 :  11:22:25  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Start with a search of this site using "HandsomeRob".
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2022 :  17:25:09  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have those but still can't find the hexed version. It'll turn up at some point.

Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2022 :  02:48:25  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
faerun-map-redone-roll-20-rex-fexes.jpg
ulne6w2ep1s41.png
Search into google. Either of those two your culprit?

Edit: Oh dear.. I used the png once for an area north of Shining Falls and loved it. But.. Secomber and other locations have...drifted heavily. Hilarious. But it also uses 3rd edition's placement of the Heartblood River! I always hate when maps do that.

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T

Edited by - PattPlays on 10 Jun 2022 03:05:47
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2022 :  17:52:49  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing comes up for the png map. The other one is beautiful though some names are hard to see. I also can't seem to download it. :/

Someone here at the keep has it because this is where I got them from. I've had no luch with my searches so far though.

Edit: Also, it was a .tif file.

Edited by - The Arcanamach on 10 Jun 2022 18:02:23
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2022 :  18:20:21  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did some googling, and found this recent, still-active link, which I believe may be the map you're looking for. It's the same size, at least, as the large map I have, and it's a tif.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WFdow4qtoCe6ywsps5uihvTjwlrntoGV?usp=sharing

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2022 :  19:37:24  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately none of those are the hex version. I'm honestly frustrated at how hard it is finding this particular file. My backup turned out to be corrupted with my 'working' version having been wiped when my drive went down. I actually tried to get the files pulled professionally but one of them couldn't be done and the cost for the drive was insane. I even emailed a guy that I had sent the files too years ago. He no longer had the hexed map either (but still had the other). I'm thinking Beshaba has cursed me.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2022 :  19:58:30  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On another note, if anyone has a downloadable version of that wonderful map of Thay (with all the fan made villages included) that was shared here in times past, I would like that one as well. It was probably another one of HandsomRob's maps but I can't remember.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2022 :  22:39:23  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Markustay"

His maps aren't interactive or zoomable hex grids. But if you search through them you'll find every fine detail you're looking for.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2022 :  06:55:12  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

Nothing comes up for the png map. The other one is beautiful though some names are hard to see. I also can't seem to download it. :/

Someone here at the keep has it because this is where I got them from. I've had no luch with my searches so far though.

Edit: Also, it was a .tif file.

Use google and not ddg. faerun 3e hex map 48 and 24 miles : r/rpg will pull it up alongside other things. It's a shame that the image is hidden on a reddit thread somewhere in a mess of hyperlinks and google image search results have awful long urls.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I did some googling, and found this recent, still-active link, which I believe may be the map you're looking for. It's the same size, at least, as the large map I have, and it's a tif.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WFdow4qtoCe6ywsps5uihvTjwlrntoGV?usp=sharing

Oh I love this one!

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T

Edited by - PattPlays on 11 Jun 2022 06:56:50
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000